Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

oh yeah, that is definitely Teddy.

so, this may be related, but Daniel Kibblemith, writer of Loki's book, has been dropping hints about the Kree on his twitter. It may be that it will tie in, which would make some sense.

Avengers has been teasing a Kree plot, Captain Marvel has a Kree plot, History of the Marvel Universe is teasing a space conflict, there hasn't been a modern event with the Kree as the antagonists, Annihilation: Scourge is THE OPENING SALVO FOR DECEMBER'S MAIN EVENT, and Marvel Cosmic flagship writer Dan Slott is both hyping up the book and linked to the stream where it was announced.

Just change Ted's codename and bring back the Inhumans and you'll get the money, Cebulski.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

So this may not be a bait and switch like the Doc Justice thing, it may actually be a major story involving the Kree that spans several books, and Teddy is at the very least involved (as he should be)

Maybe this is why Billy joins the Strikeforce team - Teddy has left him to go off into space.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Y'all know even know how much these news made my day. I was moping about the lack of any new YA content, as usual, but goddamn it, just when I was about to give up and give in... The Lord graced me with the Teddy content that is my birthright! I mean, I still want my YA content that is ALSO my birthright, but Strikeforce and this will at least keep me happy for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Avengers has been teasing a Kree plot, Captain Marvel has a Kree plot, History of the Marvel Universe is teasing a space conflict, there hasn't been a modern event with the Kree as the antagonists, Annihilation: Scourge is THE OPENING SALVO FOR DECEMBER'S MAIN EVENT, and Marvel Cosmic flagship writer Dan Slott is both hyping up the book and linked to the stream where it was announced.

Just change Ted's codename and bring back the Inhumans and you'll get the money, Cebulski.
    That Dan Slott tweet got me all kinds of hyped up! Can you IMAGINE an important new direction for Marvel Comics with Teddy being one of the leads? THE COSMIC POWER THAT THAT HAS! Hopefully they're not just exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe this is why Billy joins the Strikeforce team - Teddy has left him to go off into space.
    I don't think so. The solicitation for issue #3 has pretty much defined what his connection to the team will be, and it doesn't look like Teddy plays any part in that. I think he joins the team before the cosmic stuff.

By the way, speaking of Strikeforce #3, here's a variant cover with Billy by Andrea Sorrentino, the main cover artist for the book:

It looks good, but I'm not a big fan when artists draw Billy so ''manly'' like this. Twink Billy is the best Billy. Hopefully the interior artist gets that. Also, I wonder if that means he'll be using his old uniform in the book, since Spider-Woman also reverted to her old look for no reason other than Tini liked that design.

Grace Randolph has just reignited those MCU Young Avengers rumors, btw:

https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/st...14782062776320

Not sure how reliable she is with this kind of insider information, though.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    So...this was announced at D23.
    New event apparently called 'Incoming' in December.

Anyone else think THIS looks like a certain shapeshifter?
    OOOH, Teddy's kree-skrull stuff coming to play again on an event is cool and super unexpected. "ONE WILL UNITE THEM" Come through king.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think so. The solicitation for issue #3 has pretty much defined what his connection to the team will be, and it doesn't look like Teddy plays any part in that. I think he joins the team before the cosmic stuff.

By the way, speaking of Strikeforce #3, here's a variant cover with Billy by Andrea Sorrentino, the main cover artist for the book:

It looks good, but I'm not a big fan when artists draw Billy so ''manly'' like this. Twink Billy is the best Billy. Hopefully the interior artist gets that. Also, I wonder if that means he'll be using his old uniform in the book, since Spider-Woman also reverted to her old look for no reason other than Tini liked that design.
    Finally a cover with Billy. Him interacting with Doom is interesting. Children's Crusade vibes! I'm not worried about the cover artist, as I said before I liked his work on Cable. I kinda like the cover too, though that's likely cause we can't see his face.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Twunk looking Billy with his abs out looks like Doom is about to get lucky, haha
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Twunk looking Billy with his abs out looks like Doom is about to get lucky, haha
    He was almost his step-daddy...

I don't get why some people think billy should look all skinny and weak. He was doing pull ups in Volume 1 like it was nothing.

Anyhoodle you would think this chucklefuck would learn not to mess with Doom after children's crusade. Also no one's commented on his costume IDK if that a new one because I can kind of see stars on the side which I don't remember him having. Or if it's just the old one it's kind of hard to tell.
    Last edited by Journey; 08-25-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don't get why some people think billy should look all skinny and weak. He was doing pull ups in Volume 1 like it was nothing.
    Because he's been portrayed as a leaner looking guy for the most part, and it suits him better. Everytime someone tries to buff him up, it just looks wrong for the character, IMO. And there is no shortage of big, buff looking dudes in comics. It's a good thing to have a superhero who can look different, either by being more thin or more fat than usual. Also, being skinny doesn't necessarily equal being weak. It's not like skinny people can't be fit. And specially in superhero stories where some heroes don't rely on physical strength, which is Billy's case, specific body types are not always relevant.

Anyhoodle you would think this chucklefuck would learn not to mess with Doom after children's crusade. Also no one's commented on his costume IDK if that a new one because I can kind of see stars on the side which I don't remember him having. Or if it's just the old one it's kind of hard to tell.
    Billy's not deliberately choosing to mess with Doom, though. The solicit says both of them are being mind-controlled. And I think his costume in the cover is very clearly the old one. I think the details on the side are supposed to be the fingerprint-looking yellow (sometimes black/gray) things he had back then:

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-25-2019 at 01:00 PM.

I always liked pretending that those were a see through mesh on his sides because Billy just liked showing off skin

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Billy's unfortunately back to the old Wiccan outfit in Death's Head, so it's that.

Talk about a downgrade.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

His Naruto headband is iconic, don't y'all dare.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    His Naruto headband is iconic, don't y'all dare.
    I enjoy his headband too truthfully I prefer it over the hood. If it were up to me I would make it his iconic stable like Wanda's headpiece. Maybe even place a star or something in the middle to give it that extra pop!

But the galaxy print outfit works for him I say keep that design maybe ditch the cape, add the headband, and maybe some kickass gauntlets. I got off topic my point a mesh between the old and new costume would be ideal.
    Last edited by Journey; 08-25-2019 at 01:20 PM.