Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Well, his royal connections are on the Skrull side anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Still holding onto hope for a glimpse/glimmer/peak/tease of THE FUTURE with our Young Avengers in the MCU somewhere peppered into END GAME.

My heart goes pitter patter just thinking about it.
    It could be a delightful easter egg scene that dovetails into a regular series on the impending Marvel/Disney television platform

Oh, we'll be getting something alright. I expect Cassie to actually suit up.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Still holding onto hope for a glimpse/glimmer/peak/tease of THE FUTURE with our Young Avengers in the MCU somewhere peppered into END GAME.

It could be a delightful easter egg scene that dovetails into a regular series on the impending Marvel/Disney television platform
    I feel like Marvel would most likely want to make YA a movie, if anything, just because it has "Avengers" on the title.

Reposting what I wrote in the New X-Men thread.

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1083196616457244673
    I'm sorry but did Jeremy Whitley, the writer of Unstoppable Wasp and therefore a current employee at Marvel, just give actual evidence for the rumor that Eli Bradley and his family aren't being used due to a copyright lawsuit?

I've seen it speculated a lot online, but never from someone who is actually part of the industry.

He's not 100% confirming it, but he seems fairly certain that there is an actual issue

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

If teenage Cassie is indeed showing up in the movie as rumored, then it's the perfect opportunity for them to tease the YA in the MCU. I hope it happens, although I won't get my hopes too high in case it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I feel like Marvel would most likely want to make YA a movie, if anything, just because it has "Avengers" on the title.
    I'd maybe agree with that a year ago, but with the news of Marvel Studios making their own shows, I think this could change everything about their productions. I think we're way too used to TV shows being ''less important'' because of the Marvel Television productions, but this is something that actually has potential to really tie-in into the MCU. Let's see how they will promote phase 4. If they include the TV shows as a part of their schedule, then that would speak volumes about their importance for Marvel Studios going forward, so a Young Avengers series wouldn't seem too far-fetched, IMO.

Speaking of the Young Avengers appearing on Disney+, a rumor points out the Loki series MIGHT introduce Kid Loki:

http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/...ps-mcu-series/

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Reposting what I wrote in the New X-Men thread.

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1083196616457244673
    I'm sorry but did Jeremy Whitley, the writer of Unstoppable Wasp and therefore a current employee at Marvel, just give actual evidence for the rumor that Eli Bradley and his family aren't being used due to a copyright lawsuit?

I've seen it speculated a lot online, but never from someone who is actually part of the industry.

He's not 100% confirming it, but he seems fairly certain that there is an actual issue
    This is actually the second time he talks about that on Twitter. First time was around 2015, and I even pointed that out a few times around here in the CBR forum. I'm glad the subject has been brought up again, as hopefully someone will take notice and maybe question the higher-ups about this. Although I'm not sure they would disclose anything; Brevoort was asked about Eli once and didn't even bother to address the situation. He just said that the character ''moved to another state'' and that's why we haven't seen him, which is obviously a BS excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'd maybe agree with that a year ago, but with the news of Marvel Studios making their own shows, I think this could change everything about their productions. I think we're way too used to TV shows being ''less important'' because of the Marvel Television productions, but this is something that actually has potential to really tie-in into the MCU. Let's see how they will promote phase 4. If they include the TV shows as a part of their schedule, then that would speak volumes about their importance for Marvel Studios going forward, so a Young Avengers series wouldn't seem too far-fetched, IMO.

Speaking of the Young Avengers appearing on Disney+, a rumor points out the Loki series MIGHT introduce Kid Loki:

http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/...ps-mcu-series/
    Hm, Idk, the Disney+ shows still kinda feel like "bonus content" for me. We have 3 series in development, and all of them are with characters that have been already on the MCU but just never had their own movies. As of now, it feels like they're gonna use those mostly to flesh out characters who don't have much chance of getting as much development on the movies, but not to establish completely new franchises. They're also apparently limited series, not ones planned to be renewed with more season. I can totally see them using the Loki show to bring Kid Loki and maybe the Wanda/Vision one for Wiccan and Speed(and/or Viv, considering they're apparently using the Vision series as inpiration?), but as seeds for a new movie rather than a new show too.

I would love if that wasn't the case though. I'm totally more of a tv show kind of person than a movie person in general. And, even if Disney+ is still playing safe and PG-13, it probably has more chances of portraying a gay relationship than an actual movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This is actually the second time he talks about that on Twitter. First time was around 2015, and I even pointed that out a few times around here in the CBR forum. I'm glad the subject has been brought up again, as hopefully someone will take notice and maybe question the higher-ups about this. Although I'm not sure they would disclose anything; Brevoort was asked about Eli once and didn't even bother to address the situation. He just said that the character ''moved to another state'' and that's why we haven't seen him, which is obviously a BS excuse.
    The writer of that book is no longer among the living although Kyle Baker is. It should not be that hard to work something out because him being MIA can be used as an excuse to NOT use the rest as a team.

Although in all honesty Eli got made moot due to Rayshuan and now that he's in Marvel Rising and Champions and eventually hanging with Falcon-Marvel has no reason to bring him back.

Yeah, they've given up on him. The question now is, with Eli out of the picture, if YA relaunches and doesn't replace West Coast (and therefore Kate doesn't join the new YA), who would be team leader?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, they've given up on him. The question now is, with Eli out of the picture, if YA relaunches and doesn't replace West Coast (and therefore Kate doesn't join the new YA), who would be team leader?
    It'd have to be Wiccan and/or Hulkling right? I can't see Cassie or Tommy leading a team, and it wouldn't make sense for a newcomer to take control of the team

That makes sense I guess - especially after Ewing's New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The writer of that book is no longer among the living although Kyle Baker is. It should not be that hard to work something out because him being MIA can be used as an excuse to NOT use the rest as a team.

Although in all honesty Eli got made moot due to Rayshuan and now that he's in Marvel Rising and Champions and eventually hanging with Falcon-Marvel has no reason to bring him back.
    Screw that. I don't know how many times I have to say this, but they are not interchangeable just because they are both black young men.

Eli has his own fans, his own history and connections throughout the Marvel universe. He offers a completely different personality, perspective and storytelling possibilities.

Saying that because Rayshaun exists, Eli is now somehow irrelevant or redundant, is just shitty

Are there any plans for Wiccan and Hulkling this year or are they in limbo until further notice

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That makes sense I guess - especially after Ewing's New Avengers.
    This is true. I'd actually love them to co-lead a revitalized Young Avengers. Still dying to see a comeback and this time with Anya Corazon attached. I figure I can will it into existence eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Are there any plans for Wiccan and Hulkling this year or are they in limbo until further notice
    All we know is that there is something Young Avengers on the horizon, and it isn't connected to Champions. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for any news.

Yeah, it was reported on Bleeding Cool, that someone asked Cebulski about Young Avengers at New York Comic Con. Clearly it was too soon to announce anything officially at the time, but he hinted that the Wiccan cosplayer would love what eventually happens.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Zub wasn't aware of any specific plans last time someone asked, but he also has no plans to use any YA characters, bar Prodigy. Is that because he doesn't want to, or because he's been told certain folk are off limits?