Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1435

How is the Black kid who firebombed a bank less of a stereotype than the Black kid on steroids?

Which character is affected the most by this crime, and what does it mean for their future?

I can’t tell you that without giving the whole game away. But they wind up dead before the end as well. And there’s a big status quo shift for a beloved character who hasn’t been much in the spotlight recently. They’re going to be very important in the coming months.
    It's hard not to see this and think they're talking about Teddy. It might just be wishful thinking but fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Legacy, his brother's original name, would be the best name for him.
    I don't think Legacy is a very good codename. It's... insubstantial.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Anyway, Tom Brevoort did this interview about Incoming! and this part caught my attention:
    "which hits comic shops on Wednesday, December 25." - no it doesn't considering they'll all be closed for Christmas! It's out on Thursday, December 26th.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    How is the Black kid who firebombed a bank less of a stereotype than the Black kid on steroids?
    Right? Plus, it's not like Eli hasn't grown and changed as a character. He's been a hero with legitimate powers for a lot longer than he was using MGH at this point, and his last appearance in comics clearly showed he was beginning a new chapter in his life. I see no point in leaving him behind because of a story that's more than a decade old and hasn't been relevant ever since.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-19-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Patriot and Twotriot.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Patriot and Twotriot.
    Don't forget Patri-not, whom I'm still waiting to come back and finally explain what the heck was his deal.

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-19-2019 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Beautiful art! I love the idea of the original members getting back together and I hope it manifests into an ongoing. Also, Eli's return is long overdue. The team never felt complete to me without him. I always liked the potential love/feelings between Eli and Kate and I wouldn't mind that being brought back.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

SUPER WandaVision scoop from MCU Cosmic:

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/11/19/mor...n-wandavision/

Assuming all of this is true, there's a lot to unpack there:

spoilers:
    First of all, this confirms the kids are two boys and not a boy/girl pair, with Viv possibly replacing one of the boys, like some were speculating.

The aliases Timmy and Adam for the roles are interesting. Timmy sounds a lot like Tommy, but Adam really doesn't sound anything like Billy or William. I'm not gonna read too much into it, though, because casting aliases are usually just that, aliases.

Now, the description about their growth throughout the show is the most interesting part. That would be a huge deviation from the source material, 'cause we never saw William and Thomas Maximoff growing enough to be teenagers. Their dynamic with Wanda and Viz would be completely different... and how exactly would they transition to the Billy and Tommy that we know? I mean, would that transition even happen, or Billy K. and Tommy S. would be essentially replaced by older versions of William and Thomas Maximoff in the MCU? That honestly scares me a little, 'cause they would essentially be OC characters, and nothing like Wiccan and Speed.

Also, just let hat sink in: they possibly already have or will soon be casting for teen Billy and Tommy. Like, any minute now we might get a casting news that will be completely relevant to a potential Young Avengers production in the near future.
    end of spoilers

I'm..... freaking out a little.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-19-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    SUPER WandaVision scoop from MCU Cosmic:

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/11/19/mor...n-wandavision/

Assuming all of this is true, there's a lot to unpack there:

spoilers:
    First of all, this confirms the kids are two boys ant not a boy/girl pair, with Viv possibly replacing one of the boys, like some were speculating.

The aliases Timmy and Adam for the roles are interesting. Timmy sounds a lot like Tommy, but Adam really doesn't sound anything like Billy or William. I'm not gonna read too much into it, though, because casting aliases are usually just that, aliases.

Now, the description about their growth throughout the show is the most interesting part. That would be a huge deviation from the source material, 'cause we never saw William and Thomas Maximoff growing enough to be teenagers. Their dynamic with Wanda and Viz would be completely different... and how exactly would they transition to the Billy and Tommy that we know? I mean, would that transition even happen, or Billy K. and Tommy S. would be essentially replaced by older versions of William and Thomas Maximoff in the MCU? That honestly scares me a little, 'cause they would essentially be OC characters, and nothing like Wiccan and Speed.

Also, just let hat sink in: they possibly already have or will soon be casting for teen Billy and Tommy. Like, any minute now we might get a casting news that will be completely relevant to a potential Young Avengers production in the near future.
    end of spoilers

I'm..... freaking out a little.
    Well, looks like it's really happening... Like, at this point there has just been so many numerous rumors/reports/whatever about it... And while I guess MCU Cosmic isn't like, reeaally reliable, they're not WGTC level either... Either way I'll try my best to remain skeptical but I doubt it'll work lol.

I imagine that in the MCU they'll really just be Wanda and Vision's children, no reincarnation or other families involved. They'll become Wiccan and Speed, but they'll be Billy and Tommy Maximoff rather than Kaplan/Shepherd. I don't think that makes them OCs, as long as their personalities, powers, appearances and relationships with the other YA are faithful to the comics.

And yeah, I was like... Adam? Why not something that starts with a B or W... Timmy is such an obvious one for Tommy, why does he have a random one lol.

I always thought Tommy and Kate had potential but it never went anywhere cause he always gets the short end.

Also I stan Billy Kaplan and I'm willing to Stan Billy Maximoff, Adam will never fly!!
    Last edited by Journey; 11-19-2019 at 10:11 AM.

I mean, it's sad that Billy's family gets erased (and probably his Jewishness as well, since it came from his birth parents, and that's what sucks the most for me), but honestly, their backstory is waaaay too complicated for the MCU. I mean, even in the comics we don't have strict details about how they exist or what they actually are beyond knowing that they were born as reincarnations of Thomas and William to two different families. But we don't know if they were born the same day (Since Billy is sixteen, but Tommy says he's fifteen on Children's Crusade), or if they're genetically related to their birth parents or are little clones of Thomas and William, or even anything about Tommy's past at all beyond the fact that he met Coat-of-Arms in that weird and awful Juvie place that experimented on teens with powers. We don't know if he was raised by his parents or abandoned (Which could make it so that he doesn't know his own birthday, which could explain him thinking he's 15), or anything, really. I want more of Tommy's background, but he's never used for anything really after Children's Crusade, beyond his Cameo on Young Avengers vol. 2. So yeah, between too many unanswered questions, and a lack of backstory in Tommy's case, I'd really rather they simplify things for TV and Film.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I always thought Tommy and Kate had potential but it never went anywhere cause he always gets the short end.

Also I stan Billy Kaplan and I'm willing to Stan Billy Maximoff, Adam will never fly!!
    I always felt there was potential for love triangle in the earlier issues between Eli, Kate, and Tommy.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    I mean, it's sad that Billy's family gets erased (and probably his Jewishness as well, since it came from his birth parents, and that's what sucks the most for me), but honestly, their backstory is waaaay too complicated for the MCU. I mean, even in the comics we don't have strict details about how they exist or what they actually are beyond knowing that they were born as reincarnations of Thomas and William to two different families. But we don't know if they were born the same day (Since Billy is sixteen, but Tommy says he's fifteen on Children's Crusade), or if they're genetically related to their birth parents or are little clones of Thomas and William, or even anything about Tommy's past at all beyond the fact that he met Coat-of-Arms in that weird and awful Juvie place that experimented on teens with powers. We don't know if he was raised by his parents or abandoned (Which could make it so that he doesn't know his own birthday, which could explain him thinking he's 15), or anything, really. I want more of Tommy's background, but he's never used for anything really after Children's Crusade, beyond his Cameo on Young Avengers vol. 2. So yeah, between too many unanswered questions, and a lack of backstory in Tommy's case, I'd really rather they simplify things for TV and Film.
    Not like Billy's Judaism is even acknowledged last I checked he's not even a believer according to ewing's run. Which I don't like I always thought a strong belief in some form of higher power would help ground Billy, what with his mental issues and practicallly unlimited power Temple is exactly where he should be running too but whatever... *shrugs*

According to Tommy he's the older twin even Billy kind of allows him to be so I don't understand why he would say he's 15 that's probably just an editng issue if that's the case.

As far as their families go Tommy's is a nonfactor, the Kaplans are good but hell we've never even heard about Billy's younger brothers since issue 4 of volume 1, and Wanda and Vision as biological parents are much more intresting..

Also if they cast the twins I really hope we get real teenage twins. I'd prefer they go unknown actors in this case or not well known actors. I just don't want like the sprouse brothers or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, looks like it's really happening... Like, at this point there has just been so many numerous rumors/reports/whatever about it... And while I guess MCU Cosmic isn't like, reeaally reliable, they're not WGTC level either... Either way I'll try my best to remain skeptical but I doubt it'll work lol.

I imagine that in the MCU they'll really just be Wanda and Vision's children, no reincarnation or other families involved. They'll become Wiccan and Speed, but they'll be Billy and Tommy Maximoff rather than Kaplan/Shepherd. I don't think that makes them OCs, as long as their personalities, powers, appearances and relationships with the other YA are faithful to the comics.

And yeah, I was like... Adam? Why not something that starts with a B or W... Timmy is such an obvious one for Tommy, why does he have a random one lol.
    Why was the babies' surname Maximoff anyway? Usually kids take the father's name, so you'd expect it to be Vision.

As for the casting name Adam, the only thing I can think of is that it's a joke related to Power Rangers, since Adam, Billy and Tommy are all names of MMPRs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman