Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

There are other new Marvel cartoons, they just aren't being made for Disney+. We know a Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur series is in development (for either Disney Junior, Disney Channel or Disney XD, we don't know which yet), and Spider-Man is getting a third season (on Disney XD). Maybe more news will come out at SDCC next week?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm kinda assuming the premise of Hawkeye+ will be something in the vein of Clint hearing about Kate doing superhero stuff with a bow and goes to find her. That just seems like a more intuitive premise than Hawkeye just deciding he wants a protege and choosing somebody.

CBR found some reserved Facebook pages... it seems that there's plans for a YA movie, as well as Dark Avengers and Ironheart (the other two, Eternals and Black Widow, are already confirmed). It says "Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment", but that proves the page exists and is just private, as otherwise it'd be "This page isn't available. The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed."
    https://www.cbr.com/future-marvel-st...acebook-pages/

Facebook.com/YoungAvengersOfficial
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'll be eternally frustrated if they do a Dark Avengers movie instead of a Thunderbolts movie.

Not that that's relevant to the Young Avengers. I'd, of course, welcome a YA movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There are other new Marvel cartoons, they just aren't being made for Disney+. We know a Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur series is in development (for either Disney Junior, Disney Channel or Disney XD, we don't know which yet), and Spider-Man is getting a third season (on Disney XD). Maybe more news will come out at SDCC next week?
    Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur were announced forever ago and season 3 of Marvel's Spider-Man is probably one of the last things they've been producing aside from Marvel Rising specials.

They haven't even announced a proper Marvel Animation panel, just a retrospective on old (and better) cartoons. Probably because people have learned not to expect much, if any, news from Marvel Animation panels.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'll be eternally frustrated if they do a Dark Avengers movie instead of a Thunderbolts movie.

Not that that's relevant to the Young Avengers. I'd, of course, welcome a YA movie.
    If they do Dark Avengers it will probably be the Thunderbolts in all but name.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm kinda assuming the premise of Hawkeye+ will be something in the vein of Clint hearing about Kate doing superhero stuff with a bow and goes to find her. That just seems like a more intuitive premise than Hawkeye just deciding he wants a protege and choosing somebody.
    Yeah, I also think it's probably best to portray Kate as someone with SOME prior training when she meets Clint in the MCU. After everything he went through, it would be weird to me if he randomly decided that some completely amateur teenage girl should take up his mantle. Which is also why it drives me crazy when people keep suggesting that he would encourage his daughter to become a hero. That makes no sense to me. If anything, he'd want his kids far away from that life, knowing what it did to him.

Another scenario that I can envision is Clint working on a mission about some criminal activity regarding Derek Bishop, and to his surprise, Derek has a daughter who decides to help him, proving to be not only against her father's actions, but a skilled fighter/sharpshooter of her own, even if she's not a hero yet. So the plot could be about him helping her polish her skills and use them for good in the future.

CBR found some reserved Facebook pages... it seems that there's plans for a YA movie, as well as Dark Avengers and Ironheart (the other two, Eternals and Black Widow, are already confirmed). It says "Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment", but that proves the page exists and is just private, as otherwise it'd be "This page isn't available. The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed."
    https://www.cbr.com/future-marvel-st...acebook-pages/

Facebook.com/YoungAvengersOfficial
    That is... VERY interesting. But not necessarily a confirmation, 'cause literally anyone can create a Facebook page, so this could very well be a prank by some smart fan who saw movie rumors and decided to take the URL names before anyone else could. Let's hope it's an actual hint, though. What throws me off is Ironheart happening at the same time as Young Avengers. It doesn't seem very likely that we'd have both an Iron Lad and an Ironheart at the same time in the MCU, so this could potentially mean that Nate is getting erased to accommodate Riri... which is a concept I'm not a fan of, tbh, and it makes me a bit scared for other potential changes they could make to the team in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they do Dark Avengers it will probably be the Thunderbolts in all but name.
    Well, there were leaks about Thunderbolts plans in the MCU, coming from some Twitter guy who got a bunch of stuff right about Avengers: Endgame. It's possible that TB and DA are indeed one and the same in the MCU, although I would prefer if they went with the original name.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-14-2019 at 12:36 AM.

Young Avengers in the MCU was always going to be a hybrid with Champions anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if Jonas and Speed were replaced by Viv (who would be introduced along with Wiccan in the Vision and Scarlet Witch Disney+ series) and Ms Marvel (who they've said there's plans for) was included. The traditional YA members involved are probably Hawkeye, Stature, Wiccan, and Hulkling. Patriot would probably be there too (he can be introduced in Falcon and Winter Soldier) - but would it be Eli or Rayshaun?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, I also think it's probably best to portray Kate as someone with SOME prior training when she meets Clint in the MCU. After everything he went through, it would be weird to me if he randomly decided that some completely amateur teenage girl should take up his mantle. Which is also why it drives me crazy when people keep suggesting that he would encourage his daughter to become a hero. That makes no sense to me. If anything, he'd want his kids far away from that life, knowing what it did to him.

Another scenario that I can envision is Clint working on a mission about some criminal activity regarding Derek Bishop, and to his surprise, Derek has a daughter who decides to help him, proving to be not only against her father's actions, but a skilled fighter/sharpshooter of her own, even if she's not a hero yet. So the plot could be about him helping her polish her skills and use them for good in the future.

That is... VERY interesting. But not necessarily a confirmation, 'cause literally anyone can create a Facebook page, so this could very well be a prank by some smart fan who saw movie rumors and decided to take the URL names before anyone else could. Let's hope it's an actual hint, though. What throws me off is Ironheart happening at the same time as Young Avengers. It doesn't seem very likely that we'd have both an Iron Lad and an Ironheart at the same time in the MCU, so this could potentially mean that Nate is getting erased to accommodate Riri... which is a concept I'm not a fan of, tbh, and it makes me a bit scared for other potential changes they could make to the team in the MCU.

Well, there were leaks about Thunderbolts plans in the MCU, coming from some Twitter guy who got a bunch of stuff right about Avengers: Endgame. It's possible that TB and DA are indeed one and the same in the MCU, although I would prefer if they went with the original name.
    I would prefer Thunderbolts name to Dark Avengers TBH.
    As for Kate, yeah, I hope she is semi-skilled pre-Clint if they decided to do Clint/Kate duo before Young Avengers.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...07011968245761I get if Disney doesn't want to go with rape, as that is controversial (although I do think it's a important topic to be discussed, if they have the balls to do so), but they can come up with something else. Maybe something related to her mom's death...
    I don't think they'll use Kate's original backstory, because it's kind of an insensitive trope. The idea that a woman is 'empowered' after surviving sexual assault is an overused trope that figures in a lot of lesser 'strong female characters', so I would be happy if they gave her another motivation to be a hero. They could pay 'homage' to her original backstory by having her take a particular stand against sexual predators.

There's also the fact that Kate Bishop's character has evolved quite a bit since the original YA run. Initially she was more of a slightly haughty fashionista type (Didn't Hellenberg say he based her on Kate Beckinsale?). Whereas now she's more on a self-deprecating hipster type. Which A) would fit better into the MCu, and B) play well off Renner IMO.

Just one thing I noticed in the WANDAVISION little part of that tweet chain: Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany reprise their respective roles as Scarlet Witch and Vision in a mysterious tale involving Wanda’s reality-altering powers.

If they're making her have reality-altering powers, then they really could introduce the twins through the show. And maybe even have her resurrect him.

Young Avengers in the MCU was always going to be a hybrid with Champions anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if Jonas and Speed were replaced by Viv (who would be introduced along with Wiccan in the Vision and Scarlet Witch Disney+ series) and Ms Marvel (who they've said there's plans for) was included. The traditional YA members involved are probably Hawkeye, Stature, Wiccan, and Hulkling. Patriot would probably be there too (he can be introduced in Falcon and Winter Soldier) - but would it be Eli or Rayshaun?
    Can't imagine an MCU version of the Young Avengers that doesn't involve Tom Holland's Spider-man in some capacity

Don't forget he's a shared character. If the deal isn't renewed, he'll be gone after, I think, one more film.

I figure she'll probably be the ace of her high school's archery team or had archery training just for the heck of it (Oliver Queen in some continuities had the guy who did the arrow stunts for Erol Flynn teach him archery before he even ended up on the island).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    I don't think they'll use Kate's original backstory, because it's kind of an insensitive trope. The idea that a woman is 'empowered' after surviving sexual assault is an overused trope that figures in a lot of lesser 'strong female characters', so I would be happy if they gave her another motivation to be a hero. They could pay 'homage' to her original backstory by having her take a particular stand against sexual predators.

There's also the fact that Kate Bishop's character has evolved quite a bit since the original YA run. Initially she was more of a slightly haughty fashionista type (Didn't Hellenberg say he based her on Kate Beckinsale?). Whereas now she's more on a self-deprecating hipster type. Which A) would fit better into the MCu, and B) play well off Renner IMO.
    I don't think either is mutually exclusive. I feel like she's a bit of both these days.

I'm totally fine with Riri replacing Nate, tbh. And I don't think they would ever do Iron Lad when Ironheart exists. Just look how they made Sam the new Captain America even though MCU Steve is much closer to Bucky. Viv over Jonas would also be a good completely logical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm totally fine with Riri replacing Nate, tbh. And I don't think they would ever do Iron Lad when Ironheart exists. Just look how they made Sam the new Captain America even though MCU Steve is much closer to Bucky. Viv over Jonas would also be a good completely logical choice.
    The only major reason to do Nate would be to setup Kang to be honest, but I'm not sure if the MCU is up for that yet.