Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 1102
  1. #436
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    I'd quite like a Pym family book.

    Hank and Jan, Vision and Wanda, Billy, Teddy and Tommy, Nadia and Viv.

    It'd be cancelled before even getting to 6 issues, but I'd buy it.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

  2. #437
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    470

    Default

    When does this even take place if it's after War of Realms but Sam doesn't have his helmet back?

  3. #438
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    When does this even take place if it's after War of Realms but Sam doesn't have his helmet back?
    It's probably before War of the Realms

  4. #439
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's probably before War of the Realms
    Yes, especially as the only Champions that appear in the issue are the ones before the relaunch.

  5. #440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'd quite like a Pym family book.

    Hank and Jan, Vision and Wanda, Billy, Teddy and Tommy, Nadia and Viv.

    It'd be cancelled before even getting to 6 issues, but I'd buy it.
    it'd do better if people would stop considering it to be the Pym family (imo). Hank and Jan are divorced. Jan and Vision have no familial link. Hank never raised Ultron. Ultron is only Vision's dad in the crudest of senses. the family starts with Vision and Wanda. Nadia and Vic are included as cousins. Phineas Horton's the one who kicked it off anyways.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  6. #441
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it'd do better if people would stop considering it to be the Pym family (imo). Hank and Jan are divorced. Jan and Vision have no familial link. Hank never raised Ultron. Ultron is only Vision's dad in the crudest of senses. the family starts with Vision and Wanda. Nadia and Vic are included as cousins. Phineas Horton's the one who kicked it off anyways.
    People can call the Spider-Man Family a "Family" when they're the farthest thing from, so I think calling them the Pym family works well enough .

  7. #442
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it'd do better if people would stop considering it to be the Pym family (imo). Hank and Jan are divorced. Jan and Vision have no familial link.
    Technically they do, as Jocasta is Vision's sister, and was based on Janet's brain patterns, which makes her Janet's sister the same way Simon is Vision's brother. Janet and Vision are linked though Jo.

  8. #443
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People can call the Spider-Man Family a "Family" when they're the farthest thing from, so I think calling them the Pym family works well enough .
    Yeah, if Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Jason Todd. Cassandra Cain and Tim Drake can all count of part of the 'Batman family' despite no genetic link to Bruce Wayne, then people as distantly connected to Hank Pym as Jocasta and Cassie Lang and Raz Malhotra can count as part of the 'Pym family,' IMO.

    And I'd totally buy such a book as well. The Giant-Men book is the War of the Realms title I'm most looking forward to, after all.

    The MCU, if anything, has greatly expanded the potential from growers, shrinkers, insect-controllers and robots, by introducing the Quantum Realm business and the Ghost (a phaser tied to the quantum realm) and yet more possibilities in Endgame, and the Microverse offers yet more possibilities to vary things.

    Back when the Young Avengers appeared, and the 'Thor' (Asgardian) turned out to be a Scarlet Witch legacy, and the 'Hulk' (Hulkling) turned out to be a Mar-Vell legacy, I loved the idea of a bait-and-switch team like that, and toyed with the idea of others, like a 'Green Witch' who turned out to be a Hulk legacy (able to produce gamma energy blasts she called 'hexes' that weakened foes), or an 'Ant Lion' that appeared like a big monster with a bushy mane, but was actually a humanoid-shaped ship containing hundreds of tiny 'Bug' warriors (visiting from the Microverse) with tiny jet-packs and blaster-staves that would swarm out of 'him' and attack. I loved the idea of a team of characters who looked like obvious legacies of one character, but were actually spun off from another.

    Danielle Cage, the Captain America of 20XX, is another example, being a 'Captain America' who is actually a Luke Cage / Jessica Jones legacy.

  9. #444

  10. #445
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Heinberg and Cheung are doing something in August!
    Smash cut to ME, at 3 in the morning, on Heinberg's front lawn, banging pots and pans, openly weeping and screaming:

    IS THIS A YOUNG AVENGERS REUNION OR AM I JUST SUPPOSED TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE IN FEAR, HEINBERG?!?!


  11. #446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People can call the Spider-Man Family a "Family" when they're the farthest thing from, so I think calling them the Pym family works well enough .
    they shouldn't. but let's be real. they are trying to sell something. Spider-man's name is marketable. Pym's isn't.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  12. #447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Technically they do, as Jocasta is Vision's sister, and was based on Janet's brain patterns, which makes her Janet's sister the same way Simon is Vision's brother. Janet and Vision are linked though Jo.
    it does if you believe that garbage. they clearly don't have the same personalities. and they don't share any dna or life experiences. Pym didn't even consider Jocasta to be a person last time around. when has he ever treated Vision as a grandchild? and when has Vision treated Jocasta as a sister? hell, shouldn't Pym be Ultron's "brother" by your logic?

    Unstoppable Wasp IS a pym family book. it's Janet and Nadia. that works for me. i'd also accept a Cassie Lang book. but there's just no connection between the members of this theoretical Pym family. because Pym isn't a family man or a friend to most of these folks. but i'm not going to clutter this thread explaining why.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-10-2019 at 05:19 AM.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  13. #448
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,650

    Default

    The logic of the Pym and synthezoid family tree is very messed up. So much so that Viv Vision CRASHED ("ERROR!!!") while trying to explain Wiccan and Speed's relationship to Nadia (which relies on Vision's familial relationship to Hank), forcing Wiccan to explain it himself.

  14. #449
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The logic of the Pym and synthezoid family tree is very messed up. So much so that Viv Vision CRASHED ("ERROR!!!") while trying to explain Wiccan and Speed's relationship to Nadia (which relies on Vision's familial relationship to Hank), forcing Wiccan to explain it himself.
    But Billy loves that story, so that's just classic Wiccan.
    "Hey hey hey wanna hear about my complex and confusing backstory slash connection to the Avengers? Yes? Yes Yes YES? Well sit on down and feast your ear tongues on these knowledge pops"

  15. #450
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Pym was treating Victor Mancha like a grandson in Avengers AI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •