Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, nope, Marvel would definetely not want to have a male Captain Marvel "competing" with Carol.
    They have a male and female Hulk, male and female Hawkeye, male and female Thor, make and female Loki (okay, the same person but still...)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    They have a male and female Hulk, male and female Hawkeye, male and female Thor, make and female Loki (okay, the same person but still...)
    Sorry to pop in without much conversational context, but as far as a male and female sharing the same moniker, while it is and should be fine in theory, in practice for Marvel (and some readerbases/complainerbases): with Jen, we'll see how long she can have the Hulk name without "She" appended back to it; the Hawkeyes are relative "lowkey" compared to the other heroes, which is probably why they (read: Kate) have gotten away with sharing the name as they have; they stripped Jane of the name Thor as soon as they brought Odinson back into prominece (even with the MCU seemingly ready to have Jane pick up the mantle on their end not long after...).

If this is in regards to Teddy becoming Captain Marvel? I would love it. Like Wiccan getting a new name in Demiurge (he and his writers just need to stick with using it!), I feel that Teddy needs a new, "evolved" name. Hulkling very much feels outdated for the character. Being the first Captain Marvel's biological son, Teddy coming into that name as his new hero moniker would be grand.

That all said, Captain Marvel is too big of a name that Marvel is just now reaping the returns on their push inventments. They're not at all likely to give that up or share it with a comparatively, in their eyes, minor character, no matter how thematically fitting the name is for that character. Not any time soon.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-30-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Sorry to pop in without much conversational context, but as far a male and female sharing the same moniker, while it is and should be fine in theory, in practice for Marvel (and some readerbases/complainerbases): with Jen, we'll see how long she can have the Hulk name without "She" appended back to it;
    I always just assumed she was still She-Hulk, people were just shortening it for brevity. It makes more sense then her just wanting to be called "Hulk." I think even Marvel editorial, solicits, and marketing still call her She-Hulk.
    they stripped Jane of the name Thor as soon as they brought Odinson back into prominece (even the MCU seemingly ready to have Jane pick up the mantle on their end...).
    Well, they didn't really strip it away from her. That implies a more negative or forceful connotation compared to what actually happened, like what they did to OG!Thor, but she got a big final Thor story where she went out on a high note and then kind of pushed Thor to actually use his own name again.

Not only that, Jane's going to take up the Thor mantle in the MCU.

As for Jennifer, her bulkier form she has in Avengers right now does call herself Hulk, but editorial refers to her as She-Hulk. The announcement of that Disney+ show may well mean Aaron's about to get told to put her back to normal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just saw this posted on Reddit - MAC on Disney+?
    https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/08...series-disney/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    We seem to be in disagreement on whether we think Marvel would think Carol sharing the name with anyone would be a good idea.
    Oh, I actually do agree with the notion that they probably don't want her to share the title. I was just speaking hypothetically: IF they ever decided to let her share the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just saw this posted on Reddit - MAC on Disney+?
    https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/08...series-disney/
    That's... unexpected. But it would be pretty cool. And another step in the right direction towards the Young Avengers in the MCU. Unless they only plan on using her in the Ultimates, since they'd be only one character away from the full line-up from the comics, so it'd be easier to make it happen compared to the YA, I guess. But the original source for the rumor claims they are considering the Young Avengers for the MCU alongside this project, so that gives me hope.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-27-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Look how good this is. Ugh. Why is it gone.
    Good news!
    strikeforce.jpg
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-28-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Replaced image which apparently wasn't showing up.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand?

Huh? You can't see the image? An interior page from Strikeforce #1 showing Wiccan in that costume.

And some bad news. The YA page in Marvel Comics #1000 was altered from what was originally previewed to the media. Apparently, they changed Eli saying the Young Avengers were back together, to instead saying it was a one-time thing. In other words, the planned YA revival has been cancelled!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...-and-hulkling/

Good news!
    strikeforce.jpg
    Where is this image from?

A previews comic they released today.

I mean the YA revival was never confirmed. All they said was we'd be happy this year. And so far they've been delivering. Cassie popping up here and there, Kate is always around, Billy is getting shine in both Deathshead, and Strikeforce. And Teddy may be a lead in a big marvel event. It's been a good year now just throw in Tommy and have Eli pop up some more it would be spectacular.

I've come to except the fact that the YA revival won't happen until an MCU debut.

While I miss his celestial costume. I think the goth one fits him and he's a lot more cheerful and fun than in NA where he looked like a brooding anime character

A previews comic they released today.
    Huh weird if it's the one I think your talking about I can't find it anywhere.
    Last edited by Journey; 08-28-2019 at 11:46 AM.