Page 67 of 96 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1435

tumblr_3f20236c165d669129fffec08f21d3e1_f32ab8eb_640.jpg

Soooo, now I'm very afraid of who's dying for this event... It better not be anyone from YA, especially Teddy, Billy, and Tommy (And I say Tommy because they seem to not care that much about him, so killing him off to further Billy and Teddy's plot doesn't seem too farfetched...), I swear to God...

People in the thread specific to that teaser seem to think it's Crystal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Mayor of Rio tried to ban the Brazilian edition of Children's Crusade. Apparently he's homophobic.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...-for-gay-kiss/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post

Soooo, now I'm very afraid of who's dying for this event... It better not be anyone from YA, especially Teddy, Billy, and Tommy (And I say Tommy because they seem to not care that much about him, so killing him off to further Billy and Teddy's plot doesn't seem too farfetched...), I swear to God...
    Well, it looks kinda like a woman?
    Also he/she has to be someone close to both Avengers and FF right?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Mayor of Rio tried to ban the Brazilian edition of Children's Crusade. Apparently he's homophobic.
    Brazilian Mayor Blasts Marvel, Orders Police 'Sweep' of Young Avengers Book
    https://www.cbr.com/brazil-mayor-rio...-avengers-ban/

That's the same news story?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I really don't think it's Billy. I don't think Marvel would've put him on this brand new team only to kill him off right after he makes his debut there. If it ends up being any of the Young Avengers, my bet would be on Noh-Varr just because he is probably the only one that would connect with Teddy and the Excelsior plot that was teased. Teddy is not really close to many cosmic heroes, and the other ones he's close to seem to be ruled out: it's not Carol, and the skin color of the feet doesn't make it look like it could be Xavin or America. There's Karolina Dean in her human form, I guess, but I don't think Marvel would kill Karolina due to the new Runaways arc.

But I don't actually want it to be anyone who's close to Teddy, really. Hopefully they can wove him into the story without having to make him suffer. He's already lost most of his family, no need to take away his friends or loved ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Brazilian Mayor Blasts Marvel, Orders Police 'Sweep' of Young Avengers Book
    https://www.cbr.com/brazil-mayor-rio...-avengers-ban/
    The takeaway from this is that the book got a massive promotion and ended up being a hit. Just another reason why Marvel should stop sleeping on the Young Avengers. They even have an international market now.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

None of those characters would care, save maybe Carol, if a YA died, in universe speaking (aside from obvious sadness that a young hero was dead).
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Those guys might care if Cassie died again

Of course they didn't really care last time...

I feel like this is fairly likely to end up as an anthology a la Point One.

Jim Cheung posted this:

along with a statement about the situation in Brazil: https://jimcheungart.tumblr.com/post...was-with-great

As I said in the other thread, I'd be happy if they got a colorist other than Frank Martin to fill the slot of the late, great Justin Ponsor. I don't think he was a good fit for Cheung based on that Marvel #1000 page.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    As I said in the other thread, I'd be happy if they got a colorist other than Frank Martin to fill the slot of the late, great Justin Ponsor. I don't think he was a good fit for Cheung based on that Marvel #1000 page.
    I didn't hate it, but i it did feel, specially in the group shot, that something was lacking.

Anyway, I'm really curious to know where this new Cheung image is from. It doesn't seem like it's from Marvel Comics #1001, since he wasn't listed among the artists working on that issue, but judging by their looks it does seem to be a continuation of the page from MC #1000. I'm really hoping Marvel gave them a mini or at least a one-shot to continue the story.

I can see it being a December one-shot. Don't forget there's been a lot of them this year because of the 80th anniversary. The most recent being Power Pack and Alpha Flight, both from the 80s.

according to the Incoming thread, apparently that is a Point One type deal, with little short stories to give a sampling of everything coming up, so it may be from that... though that would imply there is something afterward following up on it.