Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1435
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Had Eli been created in this current generation of comics he probably would have got the Miles treatment and been the breakout star of the YA.
    Miles had the advantage of using an iconic name and having his own solo stories with said name. Not sure if Eli would be so lucky as Patriot, unless Marvel tried to push him as the new Captain America and actually allowed him to share the title with Steve permanently. I imagine that if he was created as Patriot today, he'd receive pretty much the same treatment Rayshaun has received, which is not horrible (he made it to Marvel Rising, after all), but it's not on the Miles level either.

Yeah. Miles was an exception. Most new young black characters Marvel makes are still forgotten about...

Had Eli been created in this current generation of comics he probably would have got the Miles treatment and been the breakout star of the YA.
    I wish I could believe even that. Look at what happened the minute Miles was put on Champions, (someone other than the creator) the writer immediately started to write Miles as all, "back of the bus" to three other young heroes. Like he wasn't a breakout star that had even lead a group of heroes on his own, was a key figure in Hickman's secret wars series. I don't know why there always seems to be a subtle muting, and/or trashing of black characters especially males more often than not.

It's actually a really good fucking read. Billly has never had as much personality as he does right now under Tini! Plus he's squishing people's heads like grapes in all his Demiurge might I have to Stan!

Look putting Kamala, Miles or Sam anywhere near YA book would turn me all the way off. If their going to merge the teams it would have to be with the lesser Champions. Viv can come, maybe Riri and maybe Dust for quirkiness. Even still I only say Viv because the Billy and Tommy connection. Truthfully a preferable relaunch would be Eli, and Kate as co leaders, Tommy, maybe America, Cassie, and Nate. With Billy and Teddy coming in at the halfway point.
    Dust will likely be written out as having returned to the X-Men prior to Incoming - she cameoed in New Mutants #1, in a Krakoa crowd shot with some of the other Academy X characters. I suspect Amadeus Cho won't be on either faction either, as he has another team now, the Agents of Atlas. I can see him deciding not to take sides.

And don't worry, I was thinking that the core three would be on the side that continues as the Champions - the fandom would be annoyed if those three were split up. I can see Ms. Marvel being a YA in the MCU (since there's no way they'll have both teams there), but not in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I wish I could believe even that. Look at what happened the minute Miles was put on Champions, (someone other than the creator) the writer immediately started to write Miles as all, "back of the bus" to three other young heroes. Like he wasn't a breakout star that had even lead a group of heroes on his own, was a key figure in Hickman's secret wars series. I don't know why there always seems to be a subtle muting, and/or trashing of black characters especially males more often than not.
    For all the problems I have with Bendis’s writing style one thing that I appreciated with how he wrote Miles was that he never came across as the stereotypical kid from the ghetto. This is pretty much how most writers seem to write him now though and it irks me since Miles background actually means him using all sorts of slang kind of out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    For all the problems I have with Bendis’s writing style one thing that I appreciated with how he wrote Miles was that he never came across as the stereotypical kid from the ghetto. This is pretty much how most writers seem to write him now though and it irks me since Miles background actually means him using all sorts of slang kind of out of character.
    Agreed, I hate to see what few black characters written so flat and one note on personality. This is the greatest obstacle that would be facing Eli if he's brought back.

I laugh because Bendis writes everyone in the same voice and using the same Yiddish phrases no matter where they are from.

https://twitter.com/RamonRosanas/sta...71933051498496

Ramon Rosanas posted this on Twitter recently, but I don't think it's new art. I'm like 95% sure this is a B&W version of one of the panels from Astonishing Ant-Man, when Cassie is remembering her old YA days.

Anyway, random thought: seeing all this hype for Baby Yoda got me thinking about how Marvel lost an opportunity to make these guys an ongoing thing:

I just... think about them a lot. They could've been our Baby Yoda before Baby Yoda was even a thing. #BringTheDemiurgeMinionsBackChallenge2020

It's nice to see Kate's old costume. She exchanged an exposed belly for hip holes, I guess :P.

WHERE IS YOUR SMOLNESS?!

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    WHERE IS YOUR SMOLNESS?!

She looks better with the helmet off.

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/de...-into-madness/

WandaVision is using a high school as one of their shooting locations. This adds credibility to the rumor that we would see teenage versions of the twins, since it’s hard to imagine where else a high school setting would fit in the show. If this is correct, it’s entirely possible they already have cast whoever’s going to play Billy and Tommy in the MCU!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She looks better with the helmet off.
    Yet she has no nose

It does say WIP i.e. it's unfinished.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Yet she has no nose
    How does she smell?