Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

What happened to Patriot?

Dispute with his grandfather's creators. They can show his costume, but it seems Eli himself can't appear. That's why the Patriot mantle was given to Rayshaun Lucas, who is one of Falcon's sidekicks and a Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    You got me on Monica though. I forgot that she was already appearing in Captain Marvel as a child, and would be too old for a 'Young Avengers' type role alongside a grown up Cassie. Probably for the best. I'd be okay with a teen Monica, but much prefer an adult version in the MCU someday.
    She's a dead cert for Captain Marvel 2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That rumour doesn't exist. It was one website simply listing the comic lineup! We know for a fact that Eli Bradley is off limits, so it will definitely not match the original lineup.
    No, the rumor does say the movie line-up will be that one. They claim they were specifically told that:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ration-heroes/

Obviously, people are free to not believe them. But that IS what they said. And if they were simply listing the Heinberg line-up, they wouldn't have specifically left Speed out while mentioning Vision, considering both were later additions to the original roster.

Incredible Member

The article just says Patriot it never mentions which Patriot.

Then again they did plan on including Eli in Black Panther.

Which got nixed for a reason (clearly the movie side didn't know why the comics weren't using him - once they realised, he was dropped). If Patriot does show up in the MCU, it's going to be Rayshaun Lucas.

Omitting Speed from that list may well be accidental. And don't forget that Iron Lad can't even be considered until the Fox deal is done (so any current plans should exclude him) because he's a teenage Kang the Conqueror, who is a distant descendent of Mr Fantastic.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

it's weird that they created a kid version of Bucky (RJ) with Patriot around. but i just never warmed to Rayshaun. he's just not as interesting to me as Eli or David Alleyne (who i thought they were setting up to fill the boots).

Rayshaun is in a real pickle where he was set up nicely but he doesn't have a place to actually grow or have an arc. He's also not Joaquin, and anyone pales in comparison when they're in the same room as that hunk of awesome.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Can Coates stop playing around and have Falcon give Rayshaun over to Rogers to train for a bit.

Yeah, that should happen - after all, that's what they went with for Marvel Rising, at the end of the animated TV movie last year, Rayshaun was revealed to be STEVE's sidekick, and the Secret Warriors were formed as a way for him to go out on his own among peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Can Coates stop playing around and have Falcon give Rayshaun over to Rogers to train for a bit.
    it makes sense. but i don't want it. it would remind me that Steve never trained Eli. that Patriot identity belongs to him. that might be not being fair to Rayshaun. but they conditioned me to feel this way. they showed those alternate Young Avengers where Eli was a grown up wearing a captain america uniform and married to (speculatively) a descendant of Sam Wilson. Rayshaun's claim to fame is being on tv in Rage-face and hiding out with everone else during Secret Empire. sort of pales in comparison to being the descendant of the first black super soldier (even if Eli was a drug using cheater). why is it so difficult to give black characters decent origins? RJ/new Bucky has one.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-20-2019 at 08:01 AM.

So Cassie finally meets Nadia and Viv!

Cassie hanging out with Nadia and Viv (and being taller than them both) is nice. It's been so long since we've even seen her in 616.

I think she had a cameo during Secret Empire when Scott was getting her out of the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Cassie hanging out with Nadia and Viv (and being taller than them both) is nice. It's been so long since we've even seen her in 616.

I think she had a cameo during Secret Empire when Scott was getting her out of the country?
    She was in Waid and Garron's Ant-Man and the Wasp. Looking terrified of the inhumane nightmare papa Lang brought home.

Yeah. She never met Nadia there though, for some reason, even though Scott had told Nadia about her and said they should meet. No doubt he uses this birthday party as an excuse to finally get the girls together - and they get on swimmingly.

And yeah, she did have that cameo in Secret Empire, being sent to France. It was odd that she didn't show up in U.S.Avengers, since their tie-in was set there.

Cassie's taller than Nadia, but she looks about the same height as Viv?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-22-2019 at 02:39 AM.