Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

can you ever really trust Cassie's height? she seems to grow or shrink depending on her emotional state.

That was when she was Stature and apparently no longer applies. She's not exhibited that problem since she became Stinger - or heck, since she was resurrected.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

She could still probably add a few inches at will. To get on amusement park rides.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

On the subject of Eli, I still think he should pick a different identity if he ever comes back. Not just because it's awkward that we currently have another Patriot that looks and kinda acts like him, but because I really want to see him become the anti-patriotic kinda guy, sorta like the Nomad for the new generation. I can totally see Eli reaching that point due to his family backstory and current socio-political events. I really think this could be an interesting development for the character. It really sucks that Eli couldn't be used during Nick Spencer's Captain America and Secret Empire runs, 'cause I feel like the character would have so much to say and do during those times.

And yay for Cassie being used! I hope she gets to do a little stinging, if you know what I mean. I'm tired of her being relegated to the civilian role. Also, I wonder if she's gonna bring up the fact that she's friends with Viv's brothers. I REALLY want this family connection to be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    can you ever really trust Cassie's height? she seems to grow or shrink depending on her emotional state.
    Cassie's spontaneous size-changing was due to the fact that her entire body was mutated by the Pym Particles. They were literally a part of her, so her body had a natural reaction to strong emotions. Since she's lost those powers ever since and depends on external sources to use her powers now, it doesn't look like this is something she'll still have to go through. I wouldn't mind if she became a mutated hero again, though, as I thought that was cool part of her powers.

I'd love for Eli to get a new identity. But it's hard coming up with new codenames (just ask Speed, Hulkling or Wiccan...)

And the Nomad identity seems cursed. rip Rikki and Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cassie's taller than Nadia, but she looks about the same height as Viv?
    She looks dressed up, so she might be wearing heels?

What do you all think of Eli becoming a heroic version of the American Panther:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I was considering Iron Patriot since that time he punched out Osborn and broke his hand doing so is one of my favorite Eli moments

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I was considering Iron Patriot since that time he punched out Osborn and broke his hand doing so is one of my favorite Eli moments
    That would be cool too.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Kate, America, and Noh-Varr just lost their book. West Coast is cancelled. Kelly Thompson is now hoping that trade sales could rescue it like Unstoppable Wasp... but what if she's keeping a relaunch as Young Avengers secret, and deliberately lying about it until it's announced?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I.... never knew that was a thing. It's a cool design, but I don't know, it would feel too gimmicky. Like they are slapping a panther on the black kid to ride on the coattails of Black Panther's success.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kate, America, and Noh-Varr just lost their book. West Coast is cancelled. Kelly Thompson is now hoping that trade sales could rescue it like Unstoppable Wasp... but what if she's keeping a relaunch as Young Avengers secret, and deliberately lying about it until it's announced?
    I don't think she's lying. She seems genuinely surprised at the cancellation. Anyway, as sad as the cancellation is, I do hope this could mean Marvel is making room for a Young Avengers title.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I.... never knew that was a thing. It's a cool design, but I don't know, it would feel too gimmicky. Like they are slapping a panther on the black kid to ride on the coattails of Black Panther's success.
    I can see how it can be considered a little too gimmicky. Especially since Eli has no connection to the BP mythos. Although I would love for Eli to meet T'Challa, Shuri, etc. and for him to visit Wakanda.

How long are all of the legal issues regarding Marvel not being able to use Eli as Patriot suppose to last?

Indefinite, since one of the creators involved is dead.

I can see how it can be considered a little too gimmicky. Especially since Eli has no connection to the BP mythos. Although I would love for Eli to meet T'Challa, Shuri, etc. and for him to visit Wakanda.

How long are all of the legal issues regarding Marvel not being able to use Eli as Patriot suppose to last?
    My headcanon is that T'Challa knows about the Bradley family (Isaiah was established to be respected by the black heroes of the MU, plus his uncle Josiah was a part of the original The Crew), so I could see them meeting someday. Maybe Eli can get a special vibranium suit/weapon as a gift to continue the legacy of the Bradley family. That'd be cool.

And we don't know anything specific about the legal trouble behind the Bradley family, unfortunately. It's all a big mystery, considering Marvel hasn't even officially come out and said there IS a legal trouble. All we have is whispers and speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    My headcanon is that T'Challa knows about the Bradley family (Isaiah was established to be respected by the black heroes of the MU, plus his uncle Josiah was a part of the original The Crew), so I could see them meeting someday. Maybe Eli can get a special vibranium suit/weapon as a gift to continue the legacy of the Bradley family. That'd be cool.

And we don't know anything specific about the legal trouble behind the Bradley family, unfortunately. It's all a big mystery, considering Marvel hasn't even officially come out and said there IS a legal trouble. All we have is whispers and speculation.
    Elis' grandfather went to the Royal wedding. Tchalla had to pull stings to get him out of the U.S..