Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Elis' grandfather went to the Royal wedding. Tchalla had to pull stings to get him out of the U.S..
    Right! I totally forgot about that. So yeah, I can definitely see T'Challa being friendly with Eli.

The Young Avengers worked with T'Challa during the first Civil War

He gave Kate an EMP arrow that she ended up using during the Fallen Son mini (where she first met Clint Barton)

Billy and Teddy are characters of the month on r/Marvel.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm..._this_special/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I can see how it can be considered a little too gimmicky. Especially since Eli has no connection to the BP mythos. Although I would love for Eli to meet T'Challa, Shuri, etc. and for him to visit Wakanda.

How long are all of the legal issues regarding Marvel not being able to use Eli as Patriot suppose to last?
    Yes, that would be great to see Eli come back outfitted by Wakandian tech suit and shield. I do hope that if he was anti-patriotic that it wouldn't be a one note angry black guy, but that there is background and depth to him.

Apparently people don't always keep up with superhero news - the Young Avengers get a mention in Champions #3 when someone mistakes the team for them. Viv Vision corrects that person only for someone to mistake them for mutants!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Apparently people don't always keep up with superhero news - the Young Avengers get a mention in Champions #3 when someone mistakes the team for them. Viv Vision corrects that person only for someone to mistake them for mutants!
    It's funny Viv mentioned that they were not the Young Avengers. Billy is, for all intents and purposes, her half-brother.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    It's funny Viv mentioned that they were not the Young Avengers. Billy is, for all intents and purposes, her half-brother.
    Almost full brother considering Virginia was created with Wanda's brain patterns. Considering how Vision and Wonder Man are considered brothers, I guess Wanda is technically her aunt, and so Billy and Tommy would be both her brothers and cousins.

Just read a Captain Marvel spoiler and it seems like they just ruined Teddy's origin story in the MCU. Sigh.

I'm not really surprised.

spoilers:
    Marvel hasn't really played up Teddy's relationship to Mar-Vell since his Young Avengers Presents oneshot (which was incidentally one of the stronger issues of that mini.)

They've mostly focused on Teddy's Skrull heritage, his royal lineage, and the fact that he's a hybrid. But nothing specific to the Vell legacy.

If they ever introduce Phyla to the MCU, I'd expect a similar divorce from Mar-Vell in her origin
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm not really surprised.

spoilers:
    Marvel hasn't really played up Teddy's relationship to Mar-Vell since his Young Avengers Presents oneshot (which was incidentally one of the stronger issues of that mini.)

They've mostly focused on Teddy's Skrull heritage, his royal lineage, and the fact that he's a hybrid. But nothing specific to the Vell legacy.

If they ever introduce Phyla to the MCU, I'd expect a similar divorce from Mar-Vell in her origin
    end of spoilers
    I am actually surprised, honestly.

spoilers:
    I knew that they weren't interested in using the real Mar-Vell in this film, and that was ok with me, but such a huge, drastic change like that which essentially erases the original character from the MCU was something I was not expecting. I honestly believed he was gonna get the Hank Pym/Guardians 3000 treatment.

And yeah, I'm aware Marvel doesn't give a **** about the Vell family these days. I was just fool enough to hope that the MCU could've changed that. That we would get Mar-Vell being Genis, Phyla and Teddy's dad and that would be something that would inspire the comics to do more with this family connection because they love their synergy.

The optimist in me wants to believe there are ways to salvage it. They could change Mar's name and keep his essence on a character that would essentially play the same role, but the realist in me thinks that if Kevin Feige allowed this to happen, then I might as well face the fact that they don't care about this character to adapt him in any way at all.
    end of spoilers

So, yeah, I'm really disappointed. But I'll survive...

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Just read a Captain Marvel spoiler and it seems like they just ruined Teddy's origin story in the MCU. Sigh.
    Where was this spoiler posted?

Where was this spoiler posted?
    Social media. The movie has come out in some places already, so there are some spoilers floating around everywhere from people who've seen it.

Jerks. They could at least wait until it's out in at least the UK and USA.

I was expecting you say a reviewer had posted something.

Jerks. They could at least wait until it's out in at least the UK and USA.

I was expecting you say a reviewer had posted something.
    It was actually related to a review, but it didn't come from the reviewer themselves, but from the people who were commenting on the review.

Is Jeremy Whitley launching a Young Avengers book? He's asking who we want to see most out of Wiccan, Speed, Cassie and Hulkling.
    https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1103148787118366721

That would create a bit of an anomaly if he is doing YA. Since the book he currently has is a solo for one of the Champions, and he'd be writing a teen team without that character on it.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-07-2019 at 12:17 PM.