Page 14 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Cassie …………...

Don't get me wrong, I have my favorites -- OF COURSE -- but whenever the proposal of "Choose one" comes up in regards to the Young Avengers --- its like a gut-punch to my fanboyheart.

You CAN'T ASK ME TO CHOOSE ONE. Billy? Teddy? Tommy??? omg that's just str8 up SAVAGE.

I'm cool if Cass doesn't make the cut honestly. Sorry y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is Jeremy Whitley launching a Young Avengers book? He's asking who we want to see most out of Wiccan, Speed, Cassie and Hulkling.
    https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1103148787118366721

That would create a bit of an anomaly if he is doing YA. Since the book he currently has is a solo for one of the Champions, and he'd be writing a teen team without that character on it.
    Maybe not relaunching the book but including them in one of the books he's currently writing (like Wasp).

Kind of surprised Cassie's leading the polls, granted she's the one of the few with a confirmed upcoming appearance (in Wasp, in fact).

Cassie's winning the poll right now - but I wonder if there's bias involved since we already know Whitley will be writing her in Unstoppable Wasp #7?

Come to think of it, all four would make sense to include in Wasp... Cassie's already appearing, and think about it - Billy and Tommy are basically Viv Vision's brothers, which means they're also related to Nadia. And of course Billy brings Teddy along.

But you know what? I wouldn't be surprised if Cassie finds out about GIRL and the Champions and is jealous that Nadia has so many people around her. Cassie's probably quite isolated down in Florida, not many super teens there. It could inspire her to get the Young Avengers back together.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-07-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There needed to be an 'all of the above' option.

I think this is most likely about guest starring on Wasp. Cassie is probably the most obvious one, considering her power set, her connection to the Ant-Man Legacy, and the fact that the book overall is about a group of teenage girls. So it makes sense that she's winning. That said, giving the crazy Pym family tree, Nadia would technically be Billy's aunt. I want them to meet just to mention that if anything lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think this is most likely about guest starring on Wasp. Cassie is probably the most obvious one, considering her power set, her connection to the Ant-Man Legacy, and the fact that the book overall is about a group of teenage girls. So it makes sense that she's winning. That said, giving the crazy Pym family tree, Nadia would technically be Billy's aunt. I want them to meet just to mention that if anything lol.
    And she's already been confirmed to appear, so ...

Interesting that he referred to Cassie as the growing girl though, when that's no longer her current power set (Cassie's current powers are pretty much identical to Nadia's).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Interesting that he referred to Cassie as the growing girl though, when that's no longer her current power set (Cassie's current powers are pretty much identical to Nadia's).
    Simplest explanation would be that she is more popularly known as the girl who grows.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Is Jeremy Whitley launching a Young Avengers book? He's asking who we want to see most out of Wiccan, Speed, Cassie and Hulkling.
    https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1103148787118366721

That would create a bit of an anomaly if he is doing YA. Since the book he currently has is a solo for one of the Champions, and he'd be writing a teen team without that character on it.
    If he's asking people to choose one, then it doesn't really sound like a YA reunion but rather just him picking up guest star ideas for his books. If he's going through with it, I hope someone other than Cassie wins just because we already know she'll be showing up in TUW, so, you know, kinda redundant.

Oh, by the way, looking at the replies, he talks about the Eli situation again, but he actually got his facts wrong: Eli didn't debut in Truth. He debuted on the very first Young Avengers issue. Despite being a part of the Bradley family, he wasn't created by Robert Morales at all, so his argument doesn't really hold up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I have my favorites -- OF COURSE -- but whenever the proposal of "Choose one" comes up in regards to the Young Avengers --- its like a gut-punch to my fanboyheart.

You CAN'T ASK ME TO CHOOSE ONE. Billy? Teddy? Tommy??? omg that's just str8 up SAVAGE.

I'm cool if Cass doesn't make the cut honestly. Sorry y'all
    My go-to are always Billy and Teddy and I don't really feel bad about picking them above anyone else, but yeah, choosing between the two of them makes me feel super guilty about leaving the other out.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-08-2019 at 05:34 AM.

We see Kate all the time, and it's only good like half the time. And she never invites the boys or Cassie in to her books, just America and Noh Varr

So she kinda falls to the bottom of my list

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    We see Kate all the time, and it's only good like half the time. And she never invites the boys or Cassie in to her books, just America and Noh Varr

So she kinda falls to the bottom of my list
    Well, to be fair-- Noh Varr invited himSELF back into Kate's life.

But yeah. I wonder what the boys are up to.
    MY KINGDOM for a throw away explanation of their happenings these days.
    I think our last "update" was from Viv Vision, stating that Billy and Teddy were out of the country?

Yeah, in Champions #25. She was listing various unavailable magic users, since the Champions don't have one. They ended up with Snowguard preying to her guardian deity Sila, who provided the device they needed to locate Nova and Wasp.

Hulkling is completely impossible in the MCU...
    spoilers:
    Unless they change Queen Arella into a King. Mar-Vell is female - and elderly too, so he'd have to have been born before the 90s and wouldn't be a teenager. That pretty much rules out a comics faithful MCU Young Avengers.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Yep that actually really angered since it ruined four characters at once.

spoilers:
    Teddy, Genis, Phyla, and Mar-Vell himself? Though I'd suggest that Wiccan will now run into issues too, as most of his storylines involve Teddy. Comics accurate YA in the movies? Not happening. I've said before that it would probably be hybridised with Champions - that's looking very likely now.
    end of spoilers