Page 16 of 96 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

How do we know that scene from the new Endgame trailer isn't set just before the snap? Clint seems to have lost his whole family, hence his switch the Ronin identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    toldja they'd go with one of Clint's daughter.
    I also think that's Clint's daughter, but that clip from the trailer literally doesn't prove anything regarding the Hawkeye mantle. If we are getting the Young Avengers in the MCU, I still think Kate Bishop will be involved.

That was Kate Bishop in that trailer! No one can convince me otherwise, YA movie and pops incoming

As much as I want a YA reference in the MCU, I don't want that girl to be Kate because I don't want Clint to be a part of her origin story, as I've said a couple of times before.

I think that's definetely Clint's daughter. And having her as the MCU Kate stand-in just... No pls.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Yeah, gonna echo everyone else. No interest in Clint's daughter, or frankly, his family full stop.

Give me Kate Bishop, or just dont bother.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member

For those who worried about that girl being Kate or anything, Lila Barton is certainly too young in AoU to be a teenage like in the Endgame trailer? Unless they just randomly retcon her age. (Which is not impossible, but still.)
    Personally I would accept that girl being Kate if she is Clint's neighbor or the Bishop family is on a trip nearby or something like that.

spoilers:
    As for Teddy, well, with all things considered, they can still keep the Skrull royalty part, though Skrulls are like refugees in MCU and without anything like an Empire. (They could go with old/exiled royalty route though.)
    I wonder if they will try to do Genis/Phyla with Eternals movie, since they are kinda half Titan Eternal. (But I think they are more likely to be puer Kree, if introduced at all.)
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-16-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I also think that's Clint's daughter, but that clip from the trailer literally doesn't prove anything regarding the Hawkeye mantle. If we are getting the Young Avengers in the MCU, I still think Kate Bishop will be involved.
    Isn't there supposed to be a timeskip in Endgame, and then a visit to the future? That's why people were speculating that a teenage Cassie would show up using her dad's tech

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How do we know that scene from the new Endgame trailer isn't set just before the snap? Clint seems to have lost his whole family, hence his switch the Ronin identity.
    That's speculation. The moment they introduced his kids, it was a given that one or both would take up the "family" business.

Not if you know the comics. In the Ultimate Universe, Clint had a wife and kids, but they got murdered.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    For those who worried about that girl being Kate or anything, Lila Barton is certainly too young in AoU to be a teenage like in the Endgame trailer? Unless they just randomly retcon her age. (Which is not impossible, but still.)
    Personally I would accept that girl being Kate if she is Clint's neighbor or the Bishop family is on a trip nearby or something like that.

spoilers:
    As for Teddy, well, with all things considered, they can still keep the Skrull royalty part, though Skrulls are like refugees in MCU and without anything like an Empire. (They could go with old/exiled royalty route though.)
    I wonder if they will try to do Genis/Phyla with Eternals movie, since they are kinda half Titan Eternal. (But I think they are more likely to be puer Kree, if introduced at all.)
    end of spoilers
    The age definitely doesn't seem to match, but we also don't know anything about the timeline of this movie. Like Beetle said, there are rumors about a teenage Cassie Lang showing up and possible time travel involved, so if we're trying to see things from a linear perspective, we might be doing it wrong.

spoilers:
    I still think it's possible for Teddy to be Skrull royalty. I think Talos mentioned that there are like thousands of refugees all over the galaxy, so maybe not all of them were trying to run away just from the Kree. We could find out there is a Skrull Empire, and its dictator king caused many Skrulls to flee from there as well.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    That's speculation. The moment they introduced his kids, it was a given that one or both would take up the "family" business.
    It definitely wasn't a given to me. Cassie had a specific scene in which she talks about wanting to be a hero just like her dad. THAT's a given. Clint's kids were just glorified extras. As a matter of fact, I don't think most fans cared about Clint's family. It was a bland plot point for a character that has been mostly bland in the MCU, tbqh. The fact that the minute the Ronin rumor started to spread, people quickly jumped to speculate his family would be killed off kinda shows how people sees them as not much more than a plot device for him.

Incredible Member

Just came across the thing about the clone line in Captain Marvel and how in the comics all Kree are encouraged to explore there sexuality with each other which got me wondering.

Does anyone have any ideas for what Billy and Teddy's wedding would be like?

Have we even seen what marriage is like for Skrulls or Kree?

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Just came across the thing about the clone line in Captain Marvel and how in the comics all Kree are encouraged to explore there sexuality with each other which got me wondering.

Does anyone have any ideas for what Billy and Teddy's wedding would be like?

Have we even seen what marriage is like for Skrulls or Kree?
    I could see their wedding taking place in a cosmic/mystical setting just as a reference to their origins, but I think it would be pretty much structured like a western, human wedding, 'cause at the end of the day that's their culture and I don't see why they should prioritize another one. So yeah, a pretty standard wedding, but with some alien/magic touch here and there just as an easter-egg. Also, some mention to Billy's jewish heritage would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not if you know the comics. In the Ultimate Universe, Clint had a wife and kids, but they got murdered.
    i own the comics. but i know Disney. they gave him daughters for a reason. it's so they wouldn't have to introduce a brand new female archer who isn't related to Clint. my guess is that only one of the daughters remained un-dusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It definitely wasn't a given to me. Cassie had a specific scene in which she talks about wanting to be a hero just like her dad. THAT's a given. Clint's kids were just glorified extras. As a matter of fact, I don't think most fans cared about Clint's family. It was a bland plot point for a character that has been mostly bland in the MCU, tbqh. The fact that the minute the Ronin rumor started to spread, people quickly jumped to speculate his family would be killed off kinda shows how people sees them as not much more than a plot device for him.
    they call the Black Widow their Aunt. they live off the grid. they are part of that life already.