Page 18 of 96 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

I... What?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The differences between the two and their respective dramas is striking, and not, IMO, terribly flattering to Billy. He gets the lion's share of the focus, and has both an adoptive 'spiritual family' in Wanda, and a real family in the Kaplans, and a destiny that may well include someday becoming Demiurge and / or Sorcerer Supreme. Teddy is his arm-candy, watching his only parent figure die in front of him, amd has a destiny as 'space prince' that he has more or less abandoned to hang out with Billy on Earth. I sometimes feel like the young man is a volcano, and avoiding all of his issues (and potential) to focus entirely on Billy's dreams and goals and life, which is hardly unrealistic or anything (women married to powerful men do it all the time, pretty much sacrificing their own lives to puff up and support their husbands careers and ambitions), but kind of tragic, and quite possibly headed for an explosion of some sort, when his neglected potential / responsibilities / ambitions come around and bite them both.

It feels like the story could be told that Teddy isn't being neglected by the writers, but tweaked so that he's actively avoiding the focus, because he doesn't want to confront this 'Skrull prince' or 'King of Space' or 'Last son of Mar-Vell' business, he just wants to be a young hero in love.
    Intriguing perspective there! I wonder if a writer would ever consider exploring this option?

Astonishing Member

Also, yay for Teddy and Billy...?

Also, also, what'a Death's Head, and what's it have to do with those two, and where they in any of the reveals pics? I didn't recognize them if they were.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Also, also, what'a Death's Head, and what's it have to do with those two, and where they in any of the reveals pics? I didn't recognize them if they were.
    death's head is some british robot or something and he's not the first thing I really wanted involving billy kaplan and head but i guess that's the monkey's paw for ya
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

He's a robot who was created to be the vessel of a Demon called Lupex, but Lupex's wife, Pyra, gave the robot free will, and he became Death's Head, a freelance peacekeeping agent who only cares about profit.

He first appeared in the Marvel UK Transformers comic. He's the most famous character to come out of Marvel UK.

The artist of this book, Kei Zama, did an issue of Robinson's Scarlet Witch solo, and is best known for her Transformers work, she is a big fan of Geoff Senior, the artist who co-created Death's Head with Simon Furman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    He's a robot who was created to be the vessel of a Demon called Lupex, but Lupex's wife, Pyra, gave the robot free will, and he became Death's Head, a freelance peacekeeping agent who only cares about profit.

He first appeared in the Marvel UK Transformers comic. He's the most famous character to come out of Marvel UK.

The artist of this book, Kei Zama, did an issue of Robinson's Scarlet Witch solo, and is best known for her Transformers work, she is a big fan of Geoff Senior, the artist who co-created Death's Head with Simon Furman.
    I have to disagree with the bolded part, Captain Britain is far more famous then Death's Head (I wish Union Jack was but that's a seperate point and not the actual case!)

"The book starts out when Death's Head realizes he's not as good as he used to be,” said Howard during the announcement. “He's told all the newer models do it better than you, and I was thinking about who would be a good character to pair with him. Wiccan and Hulkling team with him in this."

What the hell?
    Why the hell would Billy and Teddy help him?

In other news, looks like Billy and Tommy are showing up on Wasp after all!

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1109929578930364418
    Plus Viv.

Holy canoli! Tommy survived Secret Wars?! #BuyWaspYouPunks
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I have to disagree with the bolded part, Captain Britain is far more famous then Death's Head (I wish Union Jack was but that's a seperate point and not the actual case!)
    True. Death's Head likely is the 2nd most famous though.

As for Union Jack, I don't think he would be in the running, would he? Didn't all three Union Jacks make their debut in the standard Marvel Comics line (I and II in INVADERS and III in CAPTAIN AMERICA), not the Marvel UK imprint?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    By famous, read 'Best Selling' - in the UK, he was very popular. By the time of Death's Head (I or II), Captain Britain was firmly a part of Excalibur and Marvel UK was doing it's own thing without so much US involvement, creators or characters.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Death's Head, Wiccan and Hulkling? Are we sure this isn't being ghostwritten by Gillen?

It's a weird team up, but it could work. Bounty Hunter adventures in space

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    True. Death's Head likely is the 2nd most famous though.

As for Union Jack, I don't think he would be in the running, would he? Didn't all three Union Jacks make their debut in the standard Marvel Comics line (I and II in INVADERS and III in CAPTAIN AMERICA), not the Marvel UK imprint?
    Technically, no Union Jack wouldn't be in the running, being a Marvel U.S character. I do agree that Death's Head is probably 2nd most famous though (he'd be more famous then Motormouth, Killpower or Dark Angel for sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    In other news, looks like Billy and Tommy are showing up on Wasp after all!

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1109929578930364418
    Plus Viv.
    And Cassie, we already saw a pic of Nadia with the girls. Three YAs and a Champion. Those four make sense... Viv, Tommy, and Billy are direct relations of Nadia via her nephew Vision, and Cassie considers Hank Pym to be an honorary Uncle - which means she and Nadia are like cousins.

Tommy looks bored. Is he not impressed by the girls?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm just plain confused about this Death's Head thing.
    Also, I can't even tell that its Billy & Teddy in the images they provided.
    I'll definitely pick up that issue of the Wasp though. What month?