Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Given that Tommy and Billy are (kinda/sorta) Wanda's kids (spiritual god-children, really) and Viv is kinda/sorta Vision's kid, and Vision and Wanda were married, that would make Viv their step-sister.

I'd be all like that robot dude in Star Trek. "Illogical! Illogical!" <smoke comes from ears>

I'm still waiting for Nadia to meet 'her dad' Hank Pym, and him be all, "Huh? What game is this? Maria was infertile..."

And then Tony Stark pops up and says, "Wait, your mom's name is Maria, too?" and we break into interpretive dance.
    Wait but isn't Vision supposed to be Billy and Tommy's father? When did it become stepfather? And wouldn't that make Viv their half-sister?

Incredible Member

Maybe Cassie is explaining to Viv she used to date an entirely different Vision and hes just sitting deactivated in storage closet for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Maybe Cassie is explaining to Viv she used to date an entirely different Vision and hes just sitting deactivated in storage closet for no reason.
    His body was destroyed.

But he had the foresight to backup his damn operating system on an external hard drive (unlike Vin or Virginia or Viv or Viv 2.0). But for some reason even now that Cassie is alive again the Young Avengers aren't building Jonas a new body

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, I gotta say I miss Jonas. I get not wanting to overly complicate things with Vision's family tree, at least not any more so than it already is. But there's gotta be a way to bring Jonas back, they always felt distinct enough to have value as their own character.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

He just needs a new body. Vision himself and Viv have both been rebuilt, so they could do the same for Jonas. I wonder how Viv would react to him? He's essentially another brother to her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I know it's not quite as big as Kate's news but I'm surprised that this hasn't been posted here yet

HAAAAAAAA, I knew it! I even pointed out a few pages back how it looked like it was Kate and America behind Billy and Tommy. Whitley, you handsome devil, you really did it! Now let's turn this reunion into an ongoing book, because I'm starting to get afraid that this is all Cebulski meant when he said the YA were coming back.

Also, why are those fools wearing their freaking superhero costumes to a birthday party? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Tommy Kaplan, Seeker of Darkness
    Don't you mean Shepherd? Although Tommy being adopted by the Kaplans has always been one of my favorite headcanons.

His body was destroyed.

But he had the foresight to backup his damn operating system on an external hard drive (unlike Vin or Virginia or Viv or Viv 2.0). But for some reason even now that Cassie is alive again the Young Avengers aren't building Jonas a new body
    Yeah, Cassie being alive again and Jonas being completely forgotten feels like a huge plot hole that needs to be addressed. I guess the lack of a proper YA book ever since Gillen's run is also to blame, because it's not like there have been many chances for those characters to get together to try and bring Jonas back. Just another reason why we need a new YA book.

Ultimate Member

His body was destroyed.

Status quo being ignored and just makes everyone look kind of assy in comics in general. Over in the X-books, they've got multiple disfigured or maimed mutants who interact *daily* with mutant healers who could fix there problems in a few seconds, and one who is a disembodied brain, and a half-dozen mutants present could create her a robot body that looks and feels human, like Forge, whose mutant power to make damn near anything, or Madison Jeffries, whose original mutant power was to make metal, plastic and stuff mimic the functions of a human body (literally, the power to make robot bodies!), and has since expanded to the usual generic mutant hyperbole power to do anything so long as somebody says machines in the text.

The fact that so many character issues, like Jonas' destruction, are so readily fixed by solutions immediately present around them, and which their so-called 'friends' just can't apparently be bothered to even attempt, just makes them look like terrible people.

Forge and Jeffries are both currently out of commission due to Age of X-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That doesn't really change the fact that they've both been affiliated with the X-Men for years and have never built Martha a body.
    Kenji Uedo, Mister Sinister and some robots from the future have done more for her than they have

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, sure, that's the excuse *this month,* but they've had 10 years to address it, and there are many other options in the X-universe. Frikkin' *Arcade* can make lifelike humanoid robots (quite possible Emma could, too, back in her Hellfire Club days, when she was building psi-tech mind-switcher devices and the like), and he's got nothing like the capabilities that a mutant inventor / techno like Whiz Kid brings to the table. And Martha's situation is one of dozens. Charles himself was in a wheelchair for years, despite multiple options to walk. Ben Grimm has somehow turned down or rejected a half-dozen cures over the years. Peter Parker got married once. But everything has to revert to status quo. Ben can never stay cured for long. Charles will always be 'back in the saddle again.' Peter will be single (and can't ever be financially secure, or 'too grown up').

And Jonas will stay forgotten by not just his only friends, but by his *girlfriend,* who, for all we know, is carrying a flashdrive with him in it in her pocket.

That doesn't really change the fact that they've both been affiliated with the X-Men for years and have never built Martha a body.
    Kenji Uedo, Mister Sinister and some robots from the future have done more for her than they have
    Even Sentinel-X reject Cerebra did more than just give her a ball-and-chain ass chamber filled with brain juice.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

And I agree that Bucky/Falcon doesn't really set up Patriot, but we have to remember we almost had Patriot in Black Panther. Like, that was a legit consideration at one point. So that means Patriot IS on Marvel Studios' radar, for what it's worth. How they might adapt this character, though, I have no idea. I still cling onto the hope that they will be able to use Eli eventually.
    It would still be Rayshaun because of Marvel Rising and the hard to find at times doll he has.

So someone OUTSIDE of Marvel is interested in him but inside Marvel-he's seen on Marvel Rising covers but MIA in the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Even Sentinel-X reject Cerebra did more than just give her a ball-and-chain ass chamber filled with brain juice.
    I still question why no one seems to have even considered either housing her brain in a special LMD designed after her original body or cloning her a new one. Like, how have these things never even been resented as an option?

jonas' backups are the property of a russian oligarch who is doing us all a favor by keeping him far away
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

There's also the thing I brought up earlier about how Nadia probably should have been in Vision's contingency plan as well and this is probably the first she's learning about it.

Also, first look at Billy and Teddy in Deathshead.
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/975b04af...v12n43_540.jpg
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 04-12-2019 at 10:29 PM.