Page 24 of 96 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    There's also the thing I brought up earlier about how Nadia probably should have been in Vision's contingency plan as well and this is probably the first she's learning about it.

Also, first look at Billy and Teddy in Deathshead.
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/975b04af...v12n43_540.jpg
    Looks like Billy has switched back to his old costume minus the headband

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I still question why no one seems to have even considered either housing her brain in a special LMD designed after her original body or cloning her a new one. Like, how have these things never even been resented as an option?
    Cloning wouldn't work, since it would have the same problem as her original body. They'd have to remove the X gene, which would probably result in her being depowered.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It would still be Rayshaun because of Marvel Rising and the hard to find at times doll he has.

So someone OUTSIDE of Marvel is interested in him but inside Marvel-he's seen on Marvel Rising covers but MIA in the stories.
    I'm not sure if I understand what you mean; if you're implying Rayshaun was going to be the one used in Black Panther, I don't even think that would've been possible. The movie came out on early 2018 and Shaun made his debut as Patriot on mid-2017. There is no way the writers of Black Panther wanted to include him and not Eli. That movie was probably in pre-production before Shaun even made his debut. And yeah, he got a push because of Marvel Rising, but that's coming from Marvel Entertainment, which doesn't really have a say on what Marvel Studios do anymore. If they wanted to use Eli in the movies because of his backstory and the importance the Bradley family has to the african-american community in the Marvel Universe, then Rayshaun can't just replace that, because that's not his story. I like to believe that if Kevin Feige wanted to use Eli, he wouldn't settle for something else just because Marvel Entertainment wants to push another character. I mean, look at how the whole Inhumans push turned out. Marvel really tried, and we still don't have a single inhuman in a Marvel Studios production. Maybe I'm overestimating how much they wanted to use Eli on Black Panther. Maybe it was just a random suggestion that didn't really matter. But to know that the suggestion existed gives me hope that someone out there still can bring Eli back to the spotlight someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    There's also the thing I brought up earlier about how Nadia probably should have been in Vision's contingency plan as well and this is probably the first she's learning about it.

Also, first look at Billy and Teddy in Deathshead.
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/975b04af...v12n43_540.jpg
    Here's the article the image comes from:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...isis-this-july

There are more. Here's one that confirms Kate will appear (because of course she will, Kate is every-fucking-where these days): https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...g_colors_0.jpg

Here's one with Billy on his classic costume (even the wood scepter thing): https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...lors_new_0.jpg

Here's that same one, but with a better resolution (I LOVE their outfits): https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...1009_col_0.jpg

And here's the continuation of those panels:

https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...001010_col.jpg
    https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...001011_col.jpg

Billy ROCKING that choker/cross earring/moon chain/long black nails look. WERK! Also, the interview kind of confirms one of my theories about what this book will be about: Billy and Teddy feel like they are being surpassed by younger heroes of this ''new generation'' like Miles and Kamala. Not being Young Avengers anymore and not being the teenage sweethearts of the superhero community is what might make them feel afraid of becoming obsolete. I'm ok with that plot, really.

My two bones to pick with this are that A) the writer at one point sounded like she was more excited about writing Billy interacting with Death's Head and Teddy was just tagging along because he's the boyfriend. That's not... great, specially considering the discussion we were having a couple of pages ago. And B) I really, really don't like that idea that it's silly for them to still be called Young Avengers. Like, they are on their late teens, early twenties at best. They're still VERY young. People need to stop acting like it only makes sense for you to call yourself a young hero if you're a minor teenager. YOUNG ADULTS ARE A THING, YOU KNOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Looks like Billy has switched back to his old costume minus the headband
    Teddy also appears to be using his old costume. He didn't have that big ass zipper on his McKelvie design. Looks like a case of artist not doing their homework and depicting the characters with outdated designs. But I can forgive this because Kei Zama is a really good artist. I love the manga-like style of this (which makes sense, considering she is japanese). Billy and Teddy drawn on manga style is something I never knew I wanted up until now.

I just didn't like what appears to be those two connecting covers (the one with Kate and Hulkling with his clothes ripped). It doesn't even look like Zama's art. The inside art in black and white looks better, tbh.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-13-2019 at 01:24 AM.

Billy with a punk choker is everything I didn't know I needed.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Oh, can't say I really like the regressive designs, or the weird talons Billy has going on.

Glad the writer is keen to write him (I'd say them, but it really does appear it's more another Billy story) and I'm still going to get it, even if I'm not keen on the designs
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Teddy's a shapeshifter and Billy can magic them up different outfits, I'm fine with them wearing old costumes

There's something very goth about Billy wearing his old bracelets, fingerless gloves, along with this choker, earrings and long black nails that just wouldn't come across in his starfield vol 2 costume

It's not a phase, moms.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cloning wouldn't work, since it would have the same problem as her original body. They'd have to remove the X gene, which would probably result in her being depowered.
    What problem is that? Martha's original body never had any problems.

oh wow, Billy did go kinda goth didn't he? huh, i kinda like it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What problem is that? Martha's original body never had any problems.
    Then why is she just a brain? I assumed it was because of her mutation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Then why is she just a brain? I assumed it was because of her mutation.
    I think she was disembodied by the mutant-haters who used her as a mutant-detection system, and found her easier to control if she couldn't run away (and easier to dehumanize her as a 'thing' if she was just a brain in a jar, completely dependent on her captors for life support).

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    oh wow, Billy did go kinda goth didn't he? huh, i kinda like it tho.
    Well, to be fair, aren't they in a metal concert or something? I think he's just dressed accordingly lol.

That may be the case, (tho still seems more goth to me. Some metal or punk musicians/fans go for black nails and guyliner, Ozzy, Kirk Hammett etc. but they tend to be kept short, and their jewelry tends to be a little less ornate, unless they are creating a very specific look for theatrical reasons, like black metal and their corpse paint or similar theme gimmicks. If metal, would probably have to be black metal or gothic metal. Could be something like Lord of the Lost which has elements of goth, glam, and metal, and the singer loves playing dress up as part of the act, at least more recently, he looks different in every video. I'm into metal, I'm picky ) but it does seem to be Billy is way more into it than Teddy. Which is fine. Just to be clear, no problem with him going goth, I like it when characters have a style outside the norm, just because I don't think superheroes should be homogenous, all of them being solidly in the average range of expression. If he got into goth/metal, drawn to the darker aesthetic, go for it.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-14-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Ha, well, I'm the one who actually doesn't really see Billy being a goth/punk/etc. This is why I'm imagining it's more of an occasional thing than him really being consistently on that style. I really loved his look on the preview but Idk if I want it to be a permanent aesthetic.

He may be dressing up for a concert yeah, but if he cares enough about the music to dress up, (when Teddy is in just normal clothes) it must appeal to him, so I wouldn't mind some aspects carrying over to his usual look