Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, it went unnoticed, but an AU Billy and Tommy have appeared on issue #3 of Marvel Knights some months ago! lol.

It's co-written by Tini Howard, who's writing the new Death Hand's series. I think Wanda is a cult leader or maybe just a weirdo witch or something...
    That's... nice. Thanks again, Tini. Now that she's an exclusive at Marvel, here's hoping they'll become her pet characters and she'll try and bring them to most stories she writes.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ^spoilers:
    Billy was just a construct of the Vision, appearing alongside similar versions of Ms Marvel, Ironheart, and Winter Soldier. Hulkling and America were the real characters, with Blue Marvel's Avengers World team.
    end of spoilers
    So, do we know if that's going to be an recurring team for Teddy? I'd love for him to have somewhere to be right now if we're not getting a new YA book. And being on a team without Billy for a change could be good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm not sure if this was mentioned upthread, but apparently there will be a Billy and Teddy story in War of the Realms: War Scrolls #2, written by Anthony Oliveira.

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1118950748270878720
    Oh, and this too? Marvel is being way too kind to us lately. I'm starting to get suspicious.

Well, Cebulski did say it was going to be a good year for the Young Avengers. I'm just hoping that means we're getting more than just cameos here and there. We deserve a new ongoing book, period.

I think that Avengers World thing was just Al Ewing setting up a status quo for some of his old characters, even if they don't get a book... the team comprises Toni Ho, Blue Marvel, Hulkling, America, Bill the Lobster(!), and POD-2 (Aikku's previous POD and Enigma armors had been destroyed). Unstoppable Wasp was with them too, but it was explicitly stated that Toni had called her in for a RESCUE/GIRL team-up (they both have their support staff behind the scenes apparently) so she isn't actually on the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think that Avengers World thing was just Al Ewing setting up a status quo for some of his old characters, even if they don't get a book... the team comprises Toni Ho, Blue Marvel, Hulkling, America, Bill the Lobster(!), and POD-2 (Aikku's previous POD and Enigma armors had been destroyed). Unstoppable Wasp was with them too, but it was explicitly stated that Toni had called her in for a RESCUE/GIRL team-up (they both have their support staff behind the scenes apparently) so she isn't actually on the team.
    I hope there's an actual pitch for that and it's not just Ewing teasing stuff that may or may not happen, because he also teased the Young Avengers coming back on his New Avengers and we all saw how that led to nowhere. I like Ewing, I really do, but it sucks to get your hopes up over things like this if there isn't an actual plan to follow them up.

Anyway, it's nice to see Teddy on a team with America and Toni/Aikku again. I keep hoping Billy and Teddy's connection to Toni may lead her to be the new Iron Lad(y) of the Young Avengers.

Well, we know when they were writing No Surrender, Zub did pitch a book continuing Doctor Voodoo, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Synapse's storyline. But they gave the project to Saladin Ahmed instead, and it became a Quicksilver solo.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

About the Marvel Knights thing, just to be clear, it was a case where the entire world had their lives basically rewritten so that no one (aside from a few) could remember being a superhero, so everyone was very different, and that is why Billy and Tommy come across as these sort of creepy twins. Everyone was all weird, Thor and Punisher were cops, Loki was a street punk, Tony Stark was in jail for embezzlement and insider trading, Steve Rogers was in an old folks home, Elektra was a self defense instructor, Wanda was a fortune teller/psychic, etc. so yeah they're real weird there, but that was the point.

Anyway, it's nice they got that Avengers World thing, but seeing as there was no mention of anything related to that in the July solicits, yeah I think it's just a way to keep them a part of the universe even with no book. Though it may mean they could be called in on the main Avengers book, or the next Avengers mini from Ewing, Zub, and Waid if things get dicey.

Also, can we talk about this again for a second?

Notice how they worded it: Doctor Strange and Wiccan & Hulkling. Not ''Doctor Strange, Wiccan, and Hulkling'', but literally Wiccan & Hulkling like a single entity, LMAO. I know, I know, they're becoming too defined by their relationship and that's not really a good thing and bla bla bla, but I just can't help but laugh at that kind of stuff. It's so amusing to me. Also, I'm assuming this means they share a story with Strange? So it's probably going to be something magic related, which makes sense, since it's a tie-in for an Asgard-themed event.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-20-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Oh, I hadn't even realized it might be a story of them with Strange. I just assumed it was two separate stories, one of Strange and one of them. That makes more sense though. Nice seeing Billy with Strange, considering he's a future Sorcerer Supreme.

The first issue of War Scrolls had four stories though

1) Daredevil, 2) the Warriors Three, 3) Wolverine and Punisher and 4) Howard the Duck

So Wiccan and Hulkling could have their own story separate from Strange, but it's unclear based on what we know so far.
    See this is why the Oxford comma is important

If it was all of them in the same story, it would've said "Doctor Strange, Wiccan & Hulkling". Instead it says "Doctor Strange AND Wiccan & Hulkling". Strange's story isn't the same one as Billy's and Teddy's.

When can we expect that issue ?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Devin Grayson? Wow, that is a name I haven't heard in a long while.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I'm happy that Hulkling and Wiccan are appearing again. I'd love a full on Young Avengers reunion though as I absolutely love that team. They are one of my favourite super hero teams.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Devin Grayson? Wow, that is a name I haven't heard in a long while.
    Former Teen Titans writer, primary writer of last year's Marvel Rising mini. So that's someone with experience with teen heroes. The last place I saw that name was as writer of a few pages of Ms. Marvel #38 (LGY #57), the last issue plotted by G Willow Wilson before Saladin Ahmed took over.

Yeah Devin Grayson ought to do really well with them.