Page 27 of 96 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

I thought this was hilarious

lol, I bet Billy actually does like Thor (I assume that's who Teddy shapeshifted as there), considering that before he became Wiccan, he was calling himself Asgardian and dressed similarly to the Odinson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah Billy is a Thor fanboy. I have it in my headcanon that Teddy has managed to give him the best possible meet and greet experience with his idol...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm suprised no one popped up here to say this yet, but spoilers:
    the rumors about a teenage Cassie on Avengers: Endgame were true! And yes, the movie ended with her still being a teenager in the present. Her role is super small in the movie and there are no mentions or teases about the YA, but it definitely leaves her at an interesting place. Ant-Man 3 could really be stepping stone for the Young Avengers in the MCU, so we better look out for that movie!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I thought this was hilarious

I'd seen it already, and I love it. Cris-art never fails to deliver the kind of content Wiccling fans need.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-27-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Incredible Member

What the kid in Oakland in Black Panther becomes Patriot and Young Avengers takes place in the Bay Area.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    What the kid in Oakland in Black Panther becomes Patriot and Young Avengers takes place in the Bay Area.
    That... could actually be kinda cool. I mean, I'd miss them in the Big Apple, but it could be a fun way to set the team apart from the adult Avengers in the MCU.

Oh, btw, do you guys remember that website that first reported the Young Avengers movie rumor? So, they reported something else interesting a while back and I don't think many people noticed: https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...eror-mcu-asap/

Here's the interesting part, where they reinforce the YA movie rumor:

According to what we’ve heard, there are two places the time-traveling miscreant could show up first. Either a Fantastic Four reboot – something not confirmed at this point but heavily suspected – or the Young Avengers movie, which we previously reported is in the works over at Marvel Studios.
    Not sure how reliable their source is, but since they apparently got at least one info right in the past, I guess they're worth the benefit of the doubt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm suprised no one popped up here to say this yet, but spoilers:
    the rumors about a teenage Cassie on Avengers: Endgame were true! And yes, the movie ended with her still being a teenager in the present. Her role is super small in the movie and there are no mentions or teases about the YA, but it definitely leaves her at an interesting place. Ant-Man 3 could really be stepping stone for the Young Avengers in the MCU, so we better look out for that movie!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also I was left kind of wondering whether the scene of Hawkeye teaching his daughter archery was a setup for something.

It seems very unlikely to me that they would cast someone with no acting experience - she's played by the director's daughter - if they were planning on having her take the place of Kate. So hopefully it's just setting up that Hawkeye is a good archery teacher.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Some End Game stuff
    spoilers:
    They messed around with the time-space continuum a lot so Kang seems to be the most logical step.
    end of spoilers

About Cassie.

spoilers:
    I'm curious what Cassie's arc could even be in the comics since it was about her trying to prove her worth after the death of her father, they certainly can't pull off killing Scott again, maybe she tries to prove she can be a superhero in her own way.
    end of spoilers

Apparently, Marvel Comics Present is supposed to showcase popular heroes by decade to decade teaming up with Wolverine, of course for the 2000's they just use Bucky and Iron Man, seriously what the heck Marvel.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 04-28-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I was thinking if they want to make Cassie's power unique, maybe make her the first one in Ant-Man family who doesn't need a suit to shrink/grow? Like the Pym Particles are bound to her in a biological level. (Like OG comic Hank/Jan)
    Scott is not dead, but to Cassie he was indeed gone for 5 years, maybe during that time she was helping people the way she can to honor Scott? And after Scott and Pym's tech came back, she wants to take the next step?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Good idea. Her suit could just be to allow her to fly, if they go with the Stinger identity. She could've already been operating as Stature.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    spoilers:
    Also I was left kind of wondering whether the scene of Hawkeye teaching his daughter archery was a setup for something.

It seems very unlikely to me that they would cast someone with no acting experience - she's played by the director's daughter - if they were planning on having her take the place of Kate. So hopefully it's just setting up that Hawkeye is a good archery teacher.
    end of spoilers
    Right now, I'm not worried about that at all. That Variety article was very clear in stating that if we're getting a new Hawkeye in the MCU, it's going to be Kate. As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    spoilers:
    I was thinking if they want to make Cassie's power unique, maybe make her the first one in Ant-Man family who doesn't need a suit to shrink/grow? Like the Pym Particles are bound to her in a biological level. (Like OG comic Hank/Jan)
    Scott is not dead, but to Cassie he was indeed gone for 5 years, maybe during that time she was helping people the way she can to honor Scott? And after Scott and Pym's tech came back, she wants to take the next step?
    end of spoilers
    I do like both of your ideas. The first one actually reminds me of this concept art we got from Ant-Man And The Wasp, which showcases Cassie doing exactly what you suggested. It would be interesting to see that being canon at some point. It would be faithful to how her powers used to work in the comics, after all.

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Cassie should have been the one to release her father from the quantum realm, she's the only one who has seen Scott go into the quantum realm and has a vague idea what's going on. Plus Cassie has never really done anything aside from being fodder for her father to save aside from the one brief scene in Antman and the Wasp. But nope instead of having Cassie do something a freaking rat could do she's just there to give Scott's emotional moment. Really makes me think they're not interested in developing her character beyond Scott's daughter.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Cassie should have been the one to release her father from the quantum realm, she's the only one who has seen Scott go into the quantum realm and has a vague idea what's going on. Plus Cassie has never really done anything aside from being fodder for her father to save aside from the one brief scene in Antman and the Wasp. But nope instead of having Cassie do something a freaking rat could do she's just there to give Scott's emotional moment. Really makes me think they're not interested in developing her character beyond Scott's daughter.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    well that's certainly not true. for starters she was a small child when her father shrunk inside Yellowjacket's armor. she would have a clue what happened. if anyone should have rescued him, it would be Luis or Bill Foster. it was Luis' van. Cassie wouldn't even know that the van was outfitted as a quantum tunnel. she wasn't part of that adventure.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think aging her up means they have full intentions of developing her otherwise they could have dusted her and have Scott work toward a solution to get her, Hope, Hank, Janet, and everyone else back. I think the assumption was that Scott got dusted with everyone else, Cassie saw that 50% of the population got dusted away and her dad went missing, so she likely assumed he was dusted. I think its more interesting for us to find out what she went through in those 5 years in memory of her father - what happened to her mom, etc. Endgame was about bookending the first major storyline of the MCU, I think Cassie being older, showing signs of wanting to follow in her father's footsteps, and experiencing extreme loss is great setup for Cassie in the future of the MCU.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Looking back I think Wiccan's and Hulkling's origins should have been different.

I don't like the whole OP magic user that Wiccan became. I would have gone with him being Loki's son. Loki would have disguised himself and Thor and got a woman pregnant to make him look bad. Kid would have gotten a magical staff that controlled winter weather and been kind of like Jack Frost from Rise of The Guardians.

Hulkling would have been just that...a hulk. A government program to create a controllable hulk. They took eggs from Jennifer Walters and mixed them with DNA taken from the Abomination. They then placed the kid with a completely functional, loving family so as not have have all the trauma Banner had.