Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'd never heard of Robles before he did this story, but it seems like he does great stuff. I'd 100% support him as the artist for a YA ongoing.

On another note, is that shirt on Billy an established design, or something of Robles' own making? Not going to lie, I'd 100% buy a t-shirt with that print on it.
    The author, Anthony, confirmed via twitter that its a limited edition Dazzler concert shirt. Upon doing a quick google search, I was unsuccessful in finding any additional imagery to affirm its prior existence so I believe it was created for this story. I wouldn't be all too shocked if it was attained from the concert they attended in space, whilst dimension hopping in Style > Substance. Its lovely.

And to the complete shock and awe of precisely NO ONE, the Drag Brunch with Loki was EXCEPTIONAL. Beautiful. Funny. Charming. With a completely unexpected gut punch to my emotions. I would LOVE to see/read/experience further tales from this creative team. Not only did Anthony nail the characters, he managed to further develop and expand upon their world -- their day to day, their community, etc. He introduced charming additions to the MU without feeling forced and without giving the all too common feeling of "I just wanna add my own thing" and without having them steal the focus from the lead characters. The number of continuity nods and pop culture references made was so impressive and appropriate and again didn't feel forced. Teddy's magic sword, The group photo from Gillen's run, their gifted loft from Roberto, the Dazzler shirt, X-Men themed drag show (so appropriate imho), Kate's LA connections (Quire, etc), the relationships fostered during Style>Substance, the Demiurge, etc etc etc It was all just masterfully RICH and entirely satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByEVnJtn...d=rpk1czpwo7bl

Seems to be the first glimpse of the #1000 issue!

Also YAY! And I do believe I see Tommy's hair peeking out the other side there next to Billy.
    Last edited by Fokken; 05-30-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    This is cute! Just add a little stubble and sign me up, following, buying, etc...

For those who purchased the "War Scrolls" issue...How many pages is the Teddy/Billy story? I really liked the preview, but the $5 price tag is putting me off.

The War Scrolls content of which you speak is 10 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The War Scrolls content of which you speak is 10 pages.
    Thank you sir!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

War scrolls 2 was brilliant and gorgeous. Want more.

Wedding?

Incredible Member

Crap I'm going to have to shovel out the 10$ to buy this now aren't I?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

surprised people haven't brought up the War Scrolls issue... I htought it was cute and a bit sad, but that's not why i'm here... I'm here to post this:

War Scrolls was a delightful read. In a way, it was what I expected, but also a lot deeper than I thought it would end up being. I really hope we get to see more of Billy interacting with Loki in the future.

BTW, Teddy just lying on his lazy ass are my favorite panels EVER, so now it's obviously my avatar, as the lord intended.

AND YESSSSSS FINALLY CHEUNG POSTED SOMETHING! I was stalking him on social media everyday to see when he was gonna drop the goods, haha. Teddy looks like his classic self, but Billy definitey has a new haircut, which makes me think this might not entirely be a flashback story like I suspected. Looks like the kids might be dressed up for some special occasion (you can see someone on top apparently wearing some fancy dress). Honestly, I would love if Billy and Teddy got married on a story by Heinberg/Cheung, and on a very special Marvel anniversary book nonetheless. But at the same time, just one page doesn't feel like enough for their wedding... Either way, I'm excited to get more Wiccling content! This is the FOURTH book they appear on this year. 2019 has been blessing us.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-31-2019 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The author, Anthony, confirmed via twitter that its a limited edition Dazzler concert shirt. Upon doing a quick google search, I was unsuccessful in finding any additional imagery to affirm its prior existence so I believe it was created for this story. I wouldn't be all too shocked if it was attained from the concert they attended in space, whilst dimension hopping in Style > Substance. Its lovely.
    Somebody should pester Robles to put something up on Redbubble or threadless or something.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 05-31-2019 at 02:28 AM. Reason: forgot to include the verb

Finally read War Stories #2, and the one thing I will say is kudos! Not for the story being heartfelt, in character, and utterly unique to these characters (which is 100% was!), but for the preview. Yes, the preview! They could have taken any three pages, but they didn't, they took the ABSOLUTE GAYEST of that whole mini and plastered them publicly on every preview site!

I know it's a small gesture, in the grand scheme of things, but it does feel meaningful, at least a little bit.

Someone on Twitter pointed out something about a particular line Billy has in War Scrolls:

https://twitter.com/Peldari/status/1133870251207270401

And the only thing I can say is:

So which was better Teddy using Excelsior as a TV tray or 20XX Teddy leaving Excelsior in an umbrella rack?

Why would Teddy age? He's a shapeshifter, which means he should be able to stay looking young forever.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why would Teddy age? He's a shapeshifter, which means he should be able to stay looking young forever.
    Perhaps he doesn't want to. Might feel strange to look young when all your peers are aging.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So which was better Teddy using Excelsior as a TV tray or 20XX Teddy leaving Excelsior in an umbrella rack?

It REALLY bothers me that Excelsior changed so much between New Avengers and War Scrolls. It's glaringly bigger now in thickness. Is the sword able to shapeshift or what? That is my headcanon until someone explains it.

Magik has the same problem with her Soulsword.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman