Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It REALLY bothers me that Excelsior changed so much between New Avengers and War Scrolls. It's glaringly bigger now in thickness.
    I'm tempted to say it has something to do with the fact that Teddy just woke up in the morning...

But seriously, the fact that it is a magic sword probably accounts for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why would Teddy age? He's a shapeshifter, which means he should be able to stay looking young forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D
    Perhaps he doesn't want to. Might feel strange to look young when all your peers are aging.
    And even though he can make himself look younger with his shapeshifting powers, his natural form would still be aging. So, does he really want to be using his shapeshifting powers all day, every day, to maintain an artificial youthful appearance?

Extraordinary Member

Is there an official source on Kree and Skrull's average life span though? I think they both live longer than humans?

Ultimate Member

It would be funny if the shapechanging 'King of Space' sword is also a shapechanger...

It REALLY bothers me that Excelsior changed so much between New Avengers and War Scrolls. It's glaringly bigger now in thickness. Is the sword able to shapeshift or what? That is my headcanon until someone explains it.
    I'm not into the trend of Mega Sizing magic swords into these massive surfboard blades either.
    I was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper put off by Illyana's sword when Bendis/Bachalo took over Uncanny.
    Its all very Final Fantasy -- and I respect that fandom BUT -- this isn't that fandom so I'm just not bout-it-bout-it.

I too, naturally, will defer to "Magic sword" in explaining away this new aesthetic and resolve myself to day dreaming about adorable practice images of Teddy sitting in their living room exploring what he can do with it. Make it big? Make it small? Daggah daggah dagger? Does it turn into other stuff like She-Ra's sword? This is my headcannon for the time being.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yo all these YA pop ups 2019 is just spoiling us! I'm not mad though the Young Avengers was actually the first comic book I ever read got it as a present In middle school!! Sighs memories years later I felt really stupid when I finally figured out Billy and Teddy were gay! LOL

Also good on Billy ab game is looking strong!! Or is that just the reality warping lol!
    Last edited by Journey; 06-05-2019 at 04:09 PM.

I do like it when they use the hood on his cloak. Helps hide his face.

I mean seriously do any of the Young Avengers even have a secret identity anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I mean seriously do any of the Young Avengers even have a secret identity anymore?
    Only one I can think off is probably Tommy.

This is really turning into the year of the YA (or at least Wiccan), hopefully we'll get to see Teddy and the others too. If this follows in the same vein of No Surrender and No Road Home, perhaps we'll get some Wanda, Vision, Billy, and Tommy moments!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I think most of them ended up registering after Cap surrendered except for maybe Patriot and Kate, who stopped bothering by the time Fraction started writing her in Hawkeye.

Incredible Member

I'd say it might be because they're setting them up in the MCU, but the Eternals are still dead and the movie is approaching.

You know, instead of giving me hope, all those appearances are just making me think a YA relaunch ISN'T happening. The main reason we were thinking they were coming back was due to, according to BleedingCool, Cebulski saying on a con that "You're gonna be very happy this year" or something like that, to a Wiccan cosplayer. Now, he never actually answered the question. He didn't even give an explicit hint about the team's return. He just said that a Wiccan fan would be happy with what's coming.

With Death's Head, this new teased event, War Scrolls, Wasp guest-appearance and the Marvel #1000 page... Yeah, this feels like a pretty good time for Billy and Teddy by comparison, considering their previous status was 2 years or so in limbo. But I think it was just about that, not actually the Young Avengers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    This is really turning into the year of the YA (or at least Wiccan), hopefully we'll get to see Teddy and the others too. If this follows in the same vein of No Surrender and No Road Home, perhaps we'll get some Wanda, Vision, Billy, and Tommy moments!
    I doubt they care enough to do that.
    But here is the hope.
    I also kinda hope Billy being the Demiurge could be tied to the grander mystical lore, would be cool if Billy's Demiurge is indeed connected to the one who created Elder Gods of Earth.(Some fan account believes so, it opens some story opportunity and lore expansion.) And it can create some angle on Wanda/Billy relationship as well.
    But again those are characters and lore that are given the cold seat for quite some time, I don't expect much.
    I am just glad Billy is in it and all, they are like dead quiet since New Avengers.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

To think that I was mad at Marvel for sleeping on Billy not too long ago. Now I'm just like:

Gonna keep my fingers crossed for that Billy/Teddy book or YA announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You know, instead of giving me hope, all those appearances are just making me think a YA relaunch ISN'T happening. The main reason we were thinking they were coming back was due to, according to BleedingCool, Cebulski saying on a con that "You're gonna be very happy this year" or something like that, to a Wiccan cosplayer. Now, he never actually answered the question. He didn't even give an explicit hint about the team's return. He just said that a Wiccan fan would be happy with what's coming.

With Death's Head, this new teased event, War Scrolls, Wasp guest-appearance and the Marvel #1000 page... Yeah, this feels like a pretty good time for Billy and Teddy by comparison, considering their previous status was 2 years or so in limbo. But I think it was just about that, not actually the Young Avengers.
    I get what you're saying, but at the same time, think about it: Cebulski is an active guy on social media and I'm sure he saw how excited people got over the little Wiccan/Hulkling stuff this year. I'm sure he's been hit with MANY messages regarding the Young Avengers, 'cause that's always been Billy and Teddy's ''home''. I think Billy and Teddy suddenly getting a push again in comics is actually good for the Young Avengers, because wherever they are, the team always seems to be brought up somehow. If Marvel is interested in using those two again, then the odds of the team making a comeback are bigger, IMO. They might try giving Billy and Teddy their own book, which I would love, obviously, but at the end of the day, Young Avengers is probably the safest book in which they can appear, be the main characters and actually sell.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I doubt they care enough to do that.
    But here is the hope.
    I also kinda hope Billy being the Demiurge could be tied to the grander mystical lore, would be cool if Billy's Demiurge is indeed connected to the one who created Elder Gods of Earth.(Some fan account believes so, it opens some story opportunity and lore expansion.) And it can create some angle on Wanda/Billy relationship as well.
    But again those are characters and lore that are given the cold seat for quite some time, I don't expect much.
    I am just glad Billy is in it and all, they are like dead quiet since New Avengers.
    That kind of reminds of the Leah/Hela backstory from Journey Into Mystery, as it was implied that Leah was sent to the past so she could grow up to become Hela in the future. It would be interesting if there was that sort of connection between both Demiurges. Like, maybe future Billy did something in the past and left his ''magic essence'' behind, essentially creating the OG Demiurge who created the Elder Gods and so on. I'm hoping Al Ewing will get to write Billy in whatever this new thing is, 'cause he is probably the only writer other than Gillen who'd be interested in exploring more of this particular mythology.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-06-2019 at 07:16 AM.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, think about it: Cebulski is an active guy on social media and I'm sure he saw how excited people got over the little Wiccan/Hulkling stuff this year. I'm sure he's been hit with MANY messages regarding the Young Avengers, 'cause that's always been Billy and Teddy's ''home''. I think Billy and Teddy suddenly getting a push again in comics is actually good for the Young Avengers, because wherever they are, the team always seems to be brought up somehow. If Marvel is interested in using those two again, then the odds of the team making a comeback are bigger, IMO. They might try giving Billy and Teddy their own book, which I would love, obviously, but at the end of the day, Young Avengers is probably the safest book in which they can appear, be the main characters and actually sell.
    I'm not sure how much of a push there really is. To me it all seems like writers who like them just being allowed to use them.

I mean, Death's Hand is a character/franchise that has literally nothing to do with Billy and Teddy. It seems to me like Marvel's idea was to bring that back and Howard just decided to put them on it. Nadia meeting the YA(mostly Cassie and I guess Billy/Tommy) was one of those thing fans wanted to see, and I think Whitley really likes the YA too. It was an issue with lots of other guests anyway, so why not. And now, this new event. If Ewing is the one writing as people are guessing, signs also point to writer's pick, considering he had Billy on New Avengers. Lastly War Scrolls... Also by fan, less than a full oneshot, and pretty much about Loki, who's actually relevant to the WOTR event.