Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm not sure how much of a push there really is. To me it all seems like writers who like them just being allowed to use them.

I mean, Death's Hand is a character/franchise that has literally nothing to do with Billy and Teddy. It seems to me like Marvel's idea was to bring that back and Howard just decided to put them on it. Nadia meeting the YA(mostly Cassie and I guess Billy/Tommy) was one of those thing fans wanted to see, and I think Whitley really likes the YA too. It was an issue with lots of other guests anyway, so why not. And now, this new event. If Ewing is the one writing as people are guessing, signs also point to writer's pick, considering he had Billy on New Avengers. Lastly War Scrolls... Also by fan, less than a full oneshot, and pretty much about Loki, who's actually relevant to the WOTR event.
    Ok, maybe push wasn't the right word, but my point is: as long as Marvel keeps using them, that will keep the Young Avengers on their radar, which could inspire a comeback for the team. I mean, look at the reception of those teasers on Twitter: the Billy one was so far the one with the most comments, retweets and likes. There is clearly a lot of online attention whenever he is around, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that the YA fandom is very vocal online. I'm not saying that that alone will make sure the team will come back, but I think it helps Marvel see the potential.

Yeah, at the very least, I don't think this hurts the Young Avengers chances of coming back.

I have this gut feeling that they've been holding off on a new YA book because they're waiting for a really distinctive new pitch for one. Think of how the newest Runaways book had to be about resurrecting Gurt and putting the group back together, rather than just picking up with the Runaways as they were. As much as the fan base would just love a standard "continuing adventures of the Young Avengers" book, I have the impression that Marvel Editorial wants Young Avengers books to be statement pieces. There certainly doesn't seem to be any lack of love for the individual characters. Except for Eli. Poor Eli.

Jonas gets even less love than Eli

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Jonas really feels that he should be a bigger deal than he's treated as in post Children's Crusade comics. I mean, I get that the Vision family is complicated but he could at least be allowed to possess a graphing calculator.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Ah, right, yeah, Jonas. I guess the fact that the OG Vision came back not long after put him out of a lot of people's minds.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Ah, right, yeah, Jonas. I guess the fact that the OG Vision came back not long after put him out of a lot of people's minds.
    And I think that's the problem right there. For Marvel, and probably for a lot of readers as well, Jonas was just a ''Vision substitute'', and since we got the OG back, we don't need him anymore. I totally disagree with this, obviously, but I get the feeling that's pretty much the reason why the character never showed up again. It'll take someone who is really a fan of Heinberg's Young Avengers to bring him back to canon in a way that actually allows him to stick around.

I still stand by my wish that he should be brought back using Vin's body. This should make him different from OG Vision enough, but at the same time, important enough to exist as his own character and stick around, much like Viv has.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    To think that I was mad at Marvel for sleeping on Billy not too long ago. Now I'm just like:

Gonna keep my fingers crossed for that Billy/Teddy book or YA announcement.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, think about it: Cebulski is an active guy on social media and I'm sure he saw how excited people got over the little Wiccan/Hulkling stuff this year. I'm sure he's been hit with MANY messages regarding the Young Avengers, 'cause that's always been Billy and Teddy's ''home''. I think Billy and Teddy suddenly getting a push again in comics is actually good for the Young Avengers, because wherever they are, the team always seems to be brought up somehow. If Marvel is interested in using those two again, then the odds of the team making a comeback are bigger, IMO. They might try giving Billy and Teddy their own book, which I would love, obviously, but at the end of the day, Young Avengers is probably the safest book in which they can appear, be the main characters and actually sell.

That kind of reminds of the Leah/Hela backstory from Journey Into Mystery, as it was implied that Leah was sent to the past so she could grow up to become Hela in the future. It would be interesting if there was that sort of connection between both Demiurges. Like, maybe future Billy did something in the past and left his ''magic essence'' behind, essentially creating the OG Demiurge who created the Elder Gods and so on. I'm hoping Al Ewing will get to write Billy in whatever this new thing is, 'cause he is probably the only writer other than Gillen who'd be interested in exploring more of this particular mythology.
    Well, Leah is kinda part of Hela right? This part of oneself growing into new entity do fit the pattern, like Wanda got part of Chthon's power/soul, Billy got part of Mephisto and Wanda(since he is a soul reincarnation), OG Demiurge born from part of Billy(a powerful future version maybe) would not be a stretch.
    About Teddy's storyline and future, I still kinda want him to meet Rick Jones with Jones to be brought back in Immortal Hulk. Kinda intereting they are both kinda Mar-Vell/Hulk family characters.

Also about Jonas returning in Vin's body, oh boy, the drama intensifies.

You know I wonder who's more powerful, Franklin Richard's or Billy, Franklin has more feats but that's only because Billy is more underused. Their powers seem very similar in nature though.

Congrats, Wiccan fans. Those teasers are for a new team book.

Commiserations to fans of the rest of the team, as this probably rules out a YA revival for a while.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Congrats, Wiccan fans. Those teasers are for a new team book.

Commiserations to fans of the rest of the team, as this probably rules out a YA revival for a while.
    Great...what horrible thing are they going to do to Teddy to make Billy go all ruthless?

Ted is gonna turn into a dog, someone will shoot the dog, Ted will be fine, but Bill will still #GetTheStrap.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

And WHO is WRITING THIS ?!

Looking at the cast, I wouldn't be surprised if it's written by Al Ewing. He wrote Blade and Monica in Mighty Avengers, Monica in Ultimates, and Billy in New Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ewing also cowrote the crossover between Thor and Loki Agent of Asgard that revealed that Angela was their sister and introduced Heven as the Tenth Realm

This is great Billy being in a book without Teddy will be good for him. I've never liked how they seem to be a package deal their both unique in their own way.

Though this whole no mercy thing is so unlike Billy I wonder if maybe his mental illness issues will play some part in it. Oh and as far as final member I'm really hoping for Tommy!!