Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Screw that. I don't know how many times I have to say this, but they are not interchangeable just because they are both black young men.

Eli has his own fans, his own history and connections throughout the Marvel universe. He offers a completely different personality, perspective and storytelling possibilities.

Saying that because Rayshaun exists, Eli is now somehow irrelevant or redundant, is just shitty
    This being a visual medium, folks really do get exceptionally hung up on similar aesthetics, don't they? How many folks are running round with the same moniker or powerset or color scheme?
    Its FINE. The rules have changes. There is no longer a ONE THOR (for example) to Rule them All! Hullooo all you Spider People-- yes I'm looking at you.
    These boys have different origins. They have different histories with heroes. They have different VOICES. Different abilities.
    Eli's got that super soldier blood transfusion -- which always felt super down played to me, but whaddyagunnadoo?
    Rayshaun has..... uh... DOES Rayshaun have powers? Or is it more that he has the USA glider gizmo?

What they DO have in common is that they are young, black, males with a stars N' stripes motif and apparently have been afforded the same code name. THAT particular detail is the most troubling. I'd love to hear Eli's reaction to that too, since I imagine he'd be rather miffed. His title and style given to another young BLACK male, specifically? Like, they're just interchangeable so who cares? No sir no sir.

For real though, can anyone give me the 411 on Rayshaun's powers or lack thereof?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    This is true. I'd actually love them to co-lead a revitalized Young Avengers. Still dying to see a comeback and this time with Anya Corazon attached. I figure I can will it into existence eventually.

All we know is that there is something Young Avengers on the horizon, and it isn't connected to Champions. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for any news.
    This.
    I too would very much like to have Anya aboard, and I TOO am skowering the interwebs on the REG for any and all links, clues, pepperings, prints, whatever some such crumbs of info that might give insight into their future.

Rayshaun doesn't have any powers. He's just a kid who was a fan of Rage, and seeing the injustice of Rage getting sent to prison (Captain America Sam Wilson #18), sought out his allies. Rage had been working with Sam Wilson. Before he had chance to do anything except design a costume (Captain America Sam Wilson #21) though, Hydra Cap played his hand and Secret Empire began (Secret Empire #1). With Sam out of the picture and Rage still in a coma, and having obtained files from Rick Jones, Rayshaun joined the Resistance (he was recruited by Viv Vision, who encountered him on an online message board, presumably The Forums that was later mentioned in Secret Warriors and Champions). He managed to persuade Tony Stark (or rather, his AI who Riri had left piloting a hollow Iron Man suit) to give him a costume and shield (Secret Empire Brave New World #2). The shield is capable of becoming a glider, or can be used in the traditional way. He worked with the makeshift Champions (Champions #11), the Resistance having paired up the three remaining members (Spider-Man, Viv Vision and Totally Awesome Hulk) with Ironheart, Unstoppable Wasp, and Sam Wilson's sidekick Joaquin Torres, the new Falcon. While the other six went off with Black Widow (Secret Empire Uprising), Rayshaun stayed behind. He then tracked down Sam at last (who'd been in hiding), and volunteered himself as a new partner, explaining to him that Eli had given him permission to be the new Patriot (Captain America Sam Wilson #24). After Secret Empire was over, Sam reverted back to Falcon, and Joaquin took a backseat to Rayshaun (Falcon #1). Soon though, Joaquin rejoined them, and since then the two sidekicks have worked together, both of them working with the Champions (Champions #16-18) and eventually joining them full time (Champions vol 3 #1).

https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Raysha...as_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, they've given up on him. The question now is, with Eli out of the picture, if YA relaunches and doesn't replace West Coast (and therefore Kate doesn't join the new YA), who would be team leader?
    I'm not completely sure Marvel gave up on Eli. Once in a blue moon they decide to remember him in random, strange ways; like his presence on variant covers or on social media. If their plan was to completely shelf the character and make the audience forget he ever existed, they wouldn't bother to do that. I think it's possible there is a loophole in which they can use him, since he wasn't created for the Truth series, but it might come with SOME legal trouble that Marvel hasn't felt like dealing with, so that's why he hasn't officially made a return.

As for a new leader for the Young Avengers, I do think Billy and Teddy co-leading the team is the next natural step, as they were the ones who wanted to assemble the team again last we heard. Have we ever had an official Avengers team led by an LGBTQ character? 'Cause that would be a nice ground to break.

Luciano Vecchio fan redesigns for Billy and Teddy, imagining them embracing more of their Scarlet Witch/Captain Marvel legacies. I love both.

I'd lose the green stripes on Teddy's chest - it makes him look like Carol's legacy instead of Mar-Vell's.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd lose the green stripes on Teddy's chest - it makes him look like Carol's legacy instead of Mar-Vell's.
    Eh, I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like people remember Carol's look because of the stripes. If anything, I think color scheme causes a bigger impact on audiences' views, and this particular color scheme (white + green) is very reminiscent of Mar-Vell. This is actually something I'd expect Marvel Boy to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Eh, I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like people remember Carol's look because of the stripes. If anything, I think color scheme causes a bigger impact on audiences' views, and this particular color scheme (white + green) is very reminiscent of Mar-Vell. This is actually something I'd expect Marvel Boy to wear.
    Well, I think the stripes are definetely one of the memorable parts of Carol's costume. The stripes and the hala star in the middle are pretty much her logo. I guess it' not that big of a deal if he has it too though lol, I love this design.

Tbh I don't really like the idea of Wiccan being pushed more as Wanda's legacy though. Wanda doesn't even get enough attention from Marvel's current editorial. And I like his blue power signature and some blue/grey tones on his costume instead of so much red.

I may be limited to s1 and some of the Gillen run but I enjoyed the YA and hope they make a return. They can be great contenders for the YJ.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Guys, is Hulking a real person? I mean, I'm sure I read somewhere that he was just a Billy creation that he made with his powers.
    PS: I'm asking you bc I'm not a fan of Wiccan or Teddy but I don't want to be an ignorant either.

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Guys, is Hulking a real person? I mean, I'm sure I read somewhere that he was just a Billy creation that he made with his powers.
    PS: I'm asking you bc I'm not a fan of Wiccan or Teddy but I don't want to be an ignorant either.
    Yeah he's real. What you're talking about it's a "theory" that Loki brought up on Young Avengers vol 2 to stir the pot(and probably for some other reasons that I don't remember).

While I like the costumes in theory, I don't particularly like white in Teddy's colour palatte and I absolutely loath those earrings on Billy. That and I want Billy to stay his own person and not turn into a mini-Wanda like he does with that costume.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Luciano Vecchio fan redesigns for Billy and Teddy, imagining them embracing more of their Scarlet Witch/Captain Marvel legacies. I love both.

These are really cool. I even like them more then their current uniforms and those are good designs as well.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I want Billy to stay his own person and not turn into a mini-Wanda like he does with that costume.
    Same!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah he's real. What you're talking about it's a "theory" that Loki brought up on Young Avengers vol 2 to stir the pot(and probably for some other reasons that I don't remember).
    Thanks! I don't remember where I read it...I think it was on Tumblr or in another comic book forum.

So, it turns out No Road Home has the legacy numbering of New Avengers. Which implies that book may be relaunching afterwards. I wonder if that's what was mentioned at NYCC, when Cebulski was apparently talking about Young Avengers? After all, we know Wiccan will be involved in whatever is planned (he said a Billy cosplayer would be happy), and last time we saw him and Hulkling, it was on a New Avengers team.

New/Young Avengers film reportedly in scripting stage at Marvel.

As always, take rumors with a grain of salt, but I figured there would be some interest around here.