Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Age inconsistency is generally unavoidable in corporate-owned, long-running shared universes. Unless there's a conscious effort to be strict about it from the beginning, it isn't really worth fretting much over. Some characters will age faster than others simply because it's more convenient for a specific story or simply due to the fact that they're appearing. Likewise they can be aged down just as easily.

Jubilee is the same age as Pixie if not younger. It doesn't make a lot of sense, it merely is.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

She's not. Jubilee was teaching some of the kids - kids who are Pixie's peers - in Generation X. Jubes is in her early 20s at this point, though her aging was frozen when she was a vampire, which is why she still looks like a teenager. Pixie is probably 16-17 or so.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's not. Jubilee was teaching some of the kids - kids who are Pixie's peers - in Generation X. Jubes is in her early 20s at this point, though her aging was frozen when she was a vampire, which is why she still looks like a teenager. Pixie is probably 16-17 or so.
    Jubilee was Fifteen when she first appeared. Thirteen when Generation X started. Sixteen during her solo series*. In her twenties post M-Day, but still a teenager when she got vamped. Being a teacher doesn't necessarily exclude her from being the same age or younger than her students.

Pixie was Thirteen when introduced*, Nineteen during Matt Fraction's run on Uncanny, and to my knowledge while she's still a student that hasn't been stated to have changed

Justify it however you want in your head, but for all intents and purposes they were approximately the same age. Don't pretend it makes sense on panel, it really doesn't need to as they barely interact.

*These were roughly the same period of time in terms of publishing, and just before M-Day in terms of continuity.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Anthony Mackie says he'd like to see an adaption of Truth: Red, White And Black in the MCU: https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06...ite-and-black/

That's... an interesting choice. We unfortunately had the total missed opportunity of Sam interacting with the Bradley family while he was Captain America in the comics, so maybe they could make up for that in the MCU. Let's hope that with Eli finally coming back in Marvel Comics #1000, the alleged ban on the Bradleys is no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Anthony Mackie says he'd like to see an adaption of Truth: Red, White And Black in the MCU: https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06...ite-and-black/

That's... an interesting choice. We unfortunately had the total missed opportunity of Sam interacting with the Bradley family while he was Captain America in the comics, so maybe they could make up for that in the MCU. Let's hope that with Eli finally coming back in Marvel Comics #1000, the alleged ban on the Bradleys is no more.
    That'd be pretty awesome. Just wish that Black Panther could've had Eli's cameo like the director wanted.

Incredible Member

I'm sticking with my headcanon that kid at the end of Black Panther was Eli, makes as much sense as Spiderman being in Iron Man 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    That'd be pretty awesome. Just wish that Black Panther could've had Eli's cameo like the director wanted.
    I mean, I think it was Coogler's choice to take him out. Looking at the movie, I don't really see a spot where Patriot could have naturally shown up. It's not like Black Panther had a lot of spare room in it.

Except for that kid at the end, yeah. That's pretty much the only place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    I'm just glad he was even considered. It may not have happened in BP, but now we know he's on Marvel Studios' radar, which could brings us one step closer to the YA in the MCU. Between this and Anthony Mackie talking about Truth, it's nice to see that even with Marvel Comics trying their best to erase the Bradley family in the last 7 years, there are people working on the movies who still think about them.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-22-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I mean, I think it was Coogler's choice to take him out. Looking at the movie, I don't really see a spot where Patriot could have naturally shown up. It's not like Black Panther had a lot of spare room in it.

Except for that kid at the end, yeah. That's pretty much the only place.

Whose to say the kid (from Moonlight) was Eli-Eli could have been one of the kids playing ball with Killmonger at the start.

Whose to say that kid who was left with the women in the beginning was not Eli?

Since we know Wakandans were all over the world in secret. Whose to Eli's Daddy was not a Wakandan Agent? We don't KNOW who Eli's Daddy is.

Daddy could have taken his son home as a baby. W'Kabi could be his Daddy with Okoye being stepmother.

Oh, I mean, I don't actually think Eli is in the movie. The way Coogler talked about it, I don't think he even made it into a draft of the script.

Not exactly Young Avengers related, but king Allan Heinberg will be the showrunner of a Sandman TV show on Netflix, for anyone who's still interested in his work. I never read Sandman, but people always talk about how it is this great masterpiece, so I'm assuming those are some pretty big shoes Allan is filling as a showrunner. Plus, after two of his live-action projects for Marvel got cancelled, it's nice that he's found his way to comic book adaptions again. Hopefully this is a success and will keep him on Marvel Studios' radar in case they are really considering bringing the YA to the MCU.

Also, I wish he hadn't deleted his Twitter. With Marvel Comics #1000 coming up, we need him on social media teasing and talking about the Young Avengers more than ever! I'm kind of tired of going on Jim Cheung's IG everyday to see if there's any new piece of art.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-01-2019 at 09:27 PM.

I don't think I'm personally too hot on the idea of a Sandman show – I love what I've read of it, but, I've started to find the endless push for live-action adaptations of everything a little grating. Superhero films are one thing – they might be called adaptations, but usually they're largely original stories for the characters, so there's something genuinely new being made with the property. Plus, with Marvel's focus on movie/TV synergy, a character getting a movie can bring their comic back to life. (Beyond YA, I'm pulling for a Thunderbolts adaptation myself).

But if you're just straight adapting something, I dunno, feels a little bit like placing live action on a higher pedestal than comics, animation and prose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

This honestly made me wish they had Kate go retro once in a while.

God I hope that panel includes Cassie and Tommy.

And that Eli doesn't take Jessica Jones's place as the former teen hero who just stands back as a civilian as the others go off to save the day