Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

To be fair, Jessica was pregnant at the time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's cool to see Cheung take on the new versions of their costumes.

We've probably seen about 1/3 of the page by this point lol
    Last edited by H-E-D; 07-03-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

YASSS KING CHEUNG KEEP THROWING 'EM CRUMBS TO US BIRDS!

Kate has her Aja design, so it definitely seems like this is a post-Children's Crusade story. I already had my suspicions because of Billy's new haircut, but I'm pretty sure now this is not going to be a flashback.

I see Teddy on the right and Billy on top, so it definitely looks like a panel with all of them ready for action in their suits. I'm REALLY curious to see if Eli's going to be suited up too. I'm also wondering how all of this is gonna fit into one page. We have two panels with them all chill in black tie clothes, and then a seemingly even bigger one with them suddenly in their superhero clothes. How's that transition going to work, exactly? I'm really hoping that we're getting something else other than that one page on Marvel Comics #1000 and we're just not aware of yet. I'd be ok with an annual or a mini, if we're not getting another ongoing soon.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-04-2019 at 12:59 AM.

A one-shot wouldn't surprise me. I mean, they're doing them for Alpha Flight and Power Pack, among other things. Could be part of the 80th birthday celebrations, maybe in November or December (since it's only from the 2000s, makes sense for it to be one of the last).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Jim Cheung: *breathes*
    YA fandom:

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A one-shot wouldn't surprise me. I mean, they're doing them for Alpha Flight and Power Pack, among other things. Could be part of the 80th birthday celebrations, maybe in November or December (since it's only from the 2000s, makes sense for it to be one of the last).
    I wouldn't want to get my hopes up. I'd love to be wrong, but, I don't expect much.

Oh, I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen. Just that I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wouldn't want to get my hopes up. I'd love to be wrong, but, I don't expect much.
    This just for that anniversary thing though right? One page per creative team, or whatever.

That's what we know is happening, yeah. But if that is all we're getting, we've already seen a good portion of it.

So, apparently, I missed this Twitter exchange last month:

I wonder if this means Anthony is writing something with Teddy. Hopefully yes. He needs to be doing something while Billy is on Strikeforce and Marvel is being an ass by not giving us another YA book.

There are many bonds I would have loved to see get explored for potential buds for my precious good boy Teddy.

Noh Varr is an obvious one. But I would have also loved to see Teddy and Victor Mancha from the Runaways, or Berto Lopez from Avengers Academy become nerd buds. And this may seem like a stretch to some(?) but I think it would be cute if he and Kamala became close.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    this may seem like a stretch
    Non-intended pun?

Because of Kamala's powers? lol. They do both have connections to Captain Marvel though. And they have met now, thanks to Unstoppable Wasp.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...07011968245761

So there's this quick description of the Hawkeye TV show for Disney+ going around which seems to reiterate Kate is going to be a part of it... good.

Although Kate stans on social media are mad at the suggestion that she's going to be trained by Clint and could possibly have her comics backstory erased, which I get, 'cause it's the one thing I've been saying I would dislike if they did to MCU Kate. My hope right now is that even if he does help her become a hero, he is not the only reason why she becomes one. I still want her to have a personal motivation for doing what she's doing. I get if Disney doesn't want to go with rape, as that is controversial (although I do think it's a important topic to be discussed, if they have the balls to do so), but they can come up with something else. Maybe something related to her mom's death...

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...07011968245761

So there's this quick description of the Hawkeye TV show for Disney+ going around which seems to reiterate Kate is going to be a part of it... good.

Although Kate stans on social media are mad at the suggestion that she's going to be trained by Clint and could possibly have her comics backstory erased, which I get, 'cause it's the one thing I've been saying I would dislike if they did to MCU Kate. My hope right now is that even if he does help her become a hero, he is not the only reason why she becomes one. I still want her to have a personal motivation for doing what she's doing. I get if Disney doesn't want to go with rape, as that is controversial (although I do think it's a important topic to be discussed, if they have the balls to do so), but they can come up with something else. Maybe something related to her mom's death...
    Oh hey, the Muppets! It's great to see them making a comeback again. Hopefully they find success on Disney+ .

But I'm not expecting Clint to play a part in her motivation at all, just a mentor and someone who trains her to achieve her goals. Even if it's not for the same reasons I expect her desire to fight crime will still be her own.

(And jeez, the only new Marvel cartoon is "What If?" Doesn't show a lot of confidence in Marvel Animation to be honest).