Page 49 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    KATE BISHOP IS GOING TO BE ON DISNEY+!!!!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1152749942278152192?
    We already knew that lol.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Considering they only revealed the slate up until late 2021, I'm not surprised there was no YA news. We know the Disney slate for Marvel had films up until 2022 and Feige said they had plans up until 2023, so I can only assume the rest of the phase will be announced on D23. There was no Avengers related news at all, so they're probably not ready to reveal what's next for the franchise right now. I'm still holding onto hope.

In the meantime, it'll be fun to see how they handle Kate and what other YA characters and/or easter-eggs they can put in there.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-20-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    We already knew that lol.
    I mean it was only a rumor put out by Variety. Nice to have it confirmed. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Considering they only revealed the slate up until late 2021, I'm not surprised there was no YA news. We know the Disney slate for Marvel had films up until 2022 and Feige said they had plans up until 2023, so I can only assume the rest of the phase will be announced on D23. There was no Avengers related news at all, so they're probably not ready to reveal what's next for the franchise right now. I'm still holding onto hope.

In the meantime, it'll be fun to see how they handle Kate and what other YA characters and/or easter-eggs they can put in there.
    I don’t think we’ll get more at D23. I’m thinking that will be more about their animation properties and Star Wars with some art updates on phase 4. Feige has said the phases will be shorter so I think Phase 5 will begin after this slate with YA debuting there. As it stands, Kate will appear at the end of Phase 4. Phase 5 is looking like gotg3, black panther 2, captain marvel 2, ultimates(?)/avengers, and possibly YA, ant and the wasp 2.

I think it’s likelier that YA will be Disney+ but I’m ok with that since Wanda is tying directly into both. Excited for Kate too, hopefully
    The others will make cameos in phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    I don’t think we’ll get more at D23. I’m thinking that will be more about their animation properties and Star Wars with some art updates on phase 4. Feige has said the phases will be shorter so I think Phase 5 will begin after this slate with YA debuting there. As it stands, Kate will appear at the end of Phase 4. Phase 5 is looking like gotg3, black panther 2, captain marvel 2, ultimates(?)/avengers, and possibly YA, ant and the wasp 2.

I think it’s likelier that YA will be Disney+ but I’m ok with that since Wanda is tying directly into both. Excited for Kate too, hopefully
    I guess it's possible we're getting a shorter phase 4, but the reason why I think there will be more announcements it's because Disney had already released a schedule with their movie dates and included three Marvel movies for 2022. Not sure why they would do that if nothing else is getting an announcement. Well, I guess we'll find out next month.

And yeah, I really hope they can tease other characters. Now that we know Wanda will be a tie between WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2, I'm hoping we might get to see Billy popping up there somehow as a young boy who just discovered his magical powers.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-20-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post

There's no plans for Ant-Man 3 at all. Paul Rudd is campaigning to change that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's no plans for Ant-Man 3 at all. Paul Rudd is campaigning to change that.
    Oh I know there are no plans, Feige only teased Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and GotG sequels (which 2/3 being the 2022 movies + Blade) along with the F4 and Mutants (just for hype). But I honestly don't think Ant-Man will be left out to dry - it wasn't a monumental failure or even a failure at all but definitely one of Marvel's least bankable properties.

I do think Kate showing up in Hawkeye is reassurance the Young Avengers are coming down the line. So hopefully Cassie gets her due alongside Ant-Man/Wasp, maybe the YA could debut there, would be funny seeing Scott and Hope dealing with a young group of heroes.

Scott was dead at the time and Hope didn't exist in the comics (Nadia is not the same as Hope even though they're officially counterparts, and she hadn't been introduced yet anyway), but the characters who were involved in that first YA comic story do need replacing in the MCU (as they were Netflix character Jessica Jones and the killed off Iron Man and Captain America), so it would make sense to use those two instead.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I actually hope they get to use Jessica (and Luke) in a Young Avengers movie/TV show. I think it's the perfect way to bring them back once those characters are free from Netflix's contract. Jessica gets hired to find out their secret identity, and Luke appears because he's Jessica's baby daddy (yes, she would be pregnant in this scenario, as a reference to the comics). Not sure if they would use the same actors from Netflix, though, but I would love for it to happen regardless.

Iron Man and Cap would definitely have to be replaced, though. As far as authority figures go, we would probably need someone from the Avengers and maybe someone from S.H.I.E.L.D., since I'm sure Nick Fury would want kids with superpowers calling themselves Avengers to be watched. My suggestion would be Sam Wilson as Cap, so we would still have a Cap. for the story, and Maria Hill, since I feel like she needs to step out of Fury's shadow a bit and run things on her own sometimes.

I like Scott and Hope, but I don't really see them filling the ''give up on this or I'm telling your parents'' role Steve and Tony had in the comics. I think they would probably be a little more supportive of Cassie and her friends wanting to be heroes. Her mom and stepdad would probably be the naysayers, much like in the comics. Having one half of her family supporting her while the other half scolds her could make for some interesting family drama, actually.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-22-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Anyone know what issue/cover this is from? Trying to find it higher resolution.

images-3323805206072343087..jpg

It's not a cover, it's from the interiors of Avengers the Children's Crusade #1

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    Anyone know what issue/cover this is from? Trying to find it higher resolution.

images-3323805206072343087..jpg
    Man, seeing them in those costumes makes me feel old...

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

I dont think we'll see them outside of maybe showing up in What If, or Tommy and Billy in WandaVision/Strange 2 as kids.

If there is then a big reaction to them showing up in What If, then maybe we'll get something live action, though I think they'll change the name and call it Avengers Next or something like that. Young Avengers just doesnt sound like a good title for a movie.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's not a cover, it's from the interiors of Avengers the Children's Crusade #1
    Thanks for me pointing me out in the right direction! After doing some research there actually is a cover that is a partial sketch variant which is neat:

s-l1600.jpg

Still can't find the textless full color one I posted above. :/ Maybe it's in the Children's Crusade hardcover?

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I dont think we'll see them outside of maybe showing up in What If, or Tommy and Billy in WandaVision/Strange 2 as kids.

If there is then a big reaction to them showing up in What If, then maybe we'll get something live action, though I think they'll change the name and call it Avengers Next or something like that. Young Avengers just doesnt sound like a good title for a movie.
    Well, if they include Kamala and Spidey, it's probably enough justification to call it Champions instead.