Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Luciano Vecchio fan redesigns for Billy and Teddy, imagining them embracing more of their Scarlet Witch/Captain Marvel legacies. I love both.

I'm a solid Luciano fan. Follow him on the twitter and the gram and if these were legit designs for, say, a parallel reality -- well that'd be rad AF.
    As far as designs for 616, there are elements I appreciate and enjoy. I'm very into Teddy having a more scifi space cadet aesthetic, and I'm a HUGE supporter of his embracing the non-caucasian skin tone AND the signature skrull chin/pointy ears. I love that. And for Billy, although the design is busy -- I enjoy the sparkle and razzle dazzle of his arcane aesthetic. I'm especially fond of how he renders Billy's power signature. I'd still really love to see Billy don a design similar to what Aud Koch created below...vvv

^^^^Specifically the white mystical swirly fade into the black/space-void body. I dig it so much. As for the cloak, I would prefer to ditch the CLOAK stripes and revert to solid red and a more manageable length. ha ha. Maybe an asymmetrical length, like what Magneto wore in the Days of Future Past film, or like Storm's design in X-Men Red.
    I'd love to see Billy's power signature evolve from strictly blue to having a color-change shimmery northern lights affect sort of, depending on what he's casting. But that's likely too complex to track and/or annoying for a colorist. Maybe too similar to what Karolina and/or Snowguard from Champions.
    Last edited by Fokken; 01-16-2019 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    New/Young Avengers film reportedly in scripting stage at Marvel.

As always, take rumors with a grain of salt, but I figured there would be some interest around here.
    Such a thing happening isn't surprising, but I definitely wouldn't expect the comic accurate lineup they claim there. Patriot needs to be Rayshaun instead of Eli for reasons we've already discussed, I imagine Cassie will be Stinger instead of Stature, I can see Jonas being replaced by Viv for diversity (LGBT female), Kate won't be there if there's a Hawkeye series, and they said there's plans for Ms Marvel previously so I think Kamala will replace her, and Iron Lad is impossible, as he's Kang and they can't plan anything involving him yet - and would surely introduce the adult Kang first. In short, a hybrid of YA and Champions under the YA name is more likely than a pure YA adaptation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

As always, take rumors with a grain of salt, but I figured there would be some interest around here.
    I'm really trying not to get my hopes up... But honestly a lot of rumors about Endgame and the Disney+ series seem to point at it... And there's also the rumor we're gonna get a new YA book, after years of Marvel not giving a single **** about them... Uuuugh!

I need my babies. I need them back. In print. On film. Somewhere. Anywhere. Just bring them back and please sweet GAWD if its in print, give them a QUALITY CREATIVE TEAM. My kingdom for a relaunch as well crafted as the recent Rowell/Anka Runaways series.

Also, have folks read the Young Avengers fan fiction Edge of Seventeen?

https://archiveofourown.org/works/99...iew_adult=true

Savage. Emotional. Shhtuff.
    Last edited by Fokken; 01-16-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I am strongly leaning toward the idea that whoever wrote that article just predicted the cast based on the lineup in the first arc of the original comic.

The other rumor, that they're working on a "New Avengers" that might include some of the younger heroes, seems more plausible to me.

Everyone talks about the Vision/Scarlet Witch series setting up Wiccan and Speed, and I suppose it could, but I also know that their backstories don't make any sense because of the timelines (which has been lampshaded in the comics) and the MCU rarely does anything even half that convoluted. If Billy and Teddy appear in the MCU I expect them to have significantly different backstories, and maybe be inspired by their favorite heroes instead of actually being descended from them.
    Last edited by gurkle; 01-16-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Incredible Member

Eli was almost in Black Panther so I don't think there are any issues with using him in the outside media, most likely because it would be too convoluted to get into the Red White and Black storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I am strongly leaning toward the idea that whoever wrote that article just predicted the cast based on the lineup in the first arc of the original comic.

The other rumor, that they're working on a "New Avengers" that might include some of the younger heroes, seems more plausible to me.

Everyone talks about the Vision/Scarlet Witch series setting up Wiccan and Speed, and I suppose it could, but I also know that their backstories don't make any sense because of the timelines (which has been lampshaded in the comics) and the MCU rarely does anything even half that convoluted. If Billy and Teddy appear in the MCU I expect them to have significantly different backstories, and maybe be inspired by their favorite heroes instead of actually being descended from them.
    You mean Billy and Tommy. Teddy is Hulkling, who, with the Captain Marvel movie being set in the 90s, won't have any problems at all, unless Mar-Vell dies (Hulkling would need to be born in the early or mid 2000s).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Ok, so I just read the original article by We Got This Covered, and I obviously have a lot of thoughts.

1. Is this source even reliable? This is the first time I'm hearing of an exclusive rumor from them, so I have no idea what to think of their credibility.

2. I love the comic book accurate roster. I really hope that that's what they're going for indeed if/when the Young Avengers make their MCU debut. I could live with very few adjustments, but I think keeping the essence of that initial Heinberg roster is a must.

3. A new Vision being introduced right from the start is interesting, as Jonas only makes sense after Iron Lad leaves the team. Unless this is not Jonas at all. The original source theorizes this character could be Wanda and Vision's child, who could end up replacing Speed in the franchise. Honestly... I hate this idea. Tommy is already underrated as it is; erasing him from the MCU wouldn't help. If Wanda and Viz are having any kids at all, they should be Billy and Tommy or just don't even go there.

4. I'm not crazy about the title. Young Avengers is the recognizable brand for those characters in the comics and it should be the brand that gets promoted alongside them. If there's any truth to this rumor, I hope they agree on YA as the title by the time an official announcement is made.

5. Last but not least, something I've said a dozen of times already: Marvel Studios NEED to get their **** together on LGBTQ representation if they make a YA movie. I cannot stress enough how important it is for them to get Billy and Teddy as a couple right. There's no room for half-assed representation. If they don't feel confident about doing it very openly and explicitly, then Young Avengers is not the right franchise for them to turn into a movie right now. It's totally a dealbreaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It does seem possible that they are taking previously known information/speculation and reporting it as news. They talk about Emma Fuhrman being cast as Cassie, which has been reported for a while now, and Katherine Langford possibly playing Kate, which was also a popular theory among fans. But like I said, I never heard of this source before. They just popped up and now are spoiling a bunch of stuff, from what I see. Not sure how reliable they are.

Ok, that makes more sense for the New Avengers title. Still, what in-story reason would we have for a team featuring these adult Avengers and the kids at the same time? Seems a little bit strange to me, unless we're talking about an Avengers Academy type of movie, with the adults training younger heroes. Which could work, but I would prefer if they used that premise for the actual AvAc characters and let the YA be their own thing.

While I do think it's possible to adapt Billy and Tommy as Wanda's kids in the MCU, I do agree that it's hard to see the MCU going out of its way for such a crazy plot point. OTOH, I do think their connection to Wanda IS important and it's something that would essentially make them different characters in the MCU if it didn't exist. The more I think about it, the more I think that a simple solution would be to make them biological twins and say that they are distant relatives of the Maximoffs from Sokovia who got separated at birth and adopted by two different american families. This way, you still get them as long lost twins, you still get the familiar bond with Wanda, and they could explore the Maximoff backstory to explain why they have similar powers (magical lineage in the family, genetic mutation or whatever).

As for Teddy, I don't think it's hard to adapt his backstory pretty much like in the comics. It's actually rather easy. The only thing that could interfere is if the Captain Marvel franchise incapacitates Mar-Vell from having kids for whatever reason. This is something that terrifies me, tbh, because it affects not only Teddy, but also Genis and Phyla. I'd hate to see all of Mar's children having their backstories significantly changed because of one stupid decision on Carol's movie. I get that the movie is not about him, but I hope they don't ruin things for the people who actually care about the Vell family.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Eli was almost in Black Panther so I don't think there are any issues with using him in the outside media, most likely because it would be too convoluted to get into the Red White and Black storyline.
    Did we ever get a reason why Eli was cut from Black Panther? I mean, for all we know, maybe the legal issues were precisely why he wasn't there. But let's not be negative nancies. Let's do like Billy and will our positivity into reality: ELIWILLCOMEBACKELIWILLCOMEBACKELIWILLCOMEBACKELIWI LLCOMEBACKELIWILLCOMEBACKELIWILLCOMEBACK.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-17-2019 at 07:07 AM.

I'm excited for the potential - but will remain skeptical until a concrete announcement.

Seeing how Disney+ is going to be run by Feige and Marvel Cinematic, I think they will use the Disney+ shows to set them up with an eventual cinematic team-up, and if done right it could be pretty genius on their part. We have confirmation on Loki and a showrunner for Vision and Scarlet Witch - rumors have been circulating about Hawkeye, Winter Soldier and Falcon, and Nick Fury. Each of these shows has potential to introduce one of the YAs. Young Loki in Loki, Billy and Tommy in V/SW, Eli in WS/F, Kate in Hawkeye, and Teddy in Nick Fury.

I could see them going the Kate "Barton" route and having her be Clint's daughter or they could set up the series following the aftermath of the snap where Clint takes on a protege in the wake of losing his family. It will likely follow the Hawkeye solo.

It's still up in the air if Mar-Vell is in Captain Marvel - if he isn't then he could be introduced in Nick Fury. Maybe they'll do a double(triple?) flip and have Jude Law play Yon-Rogg who, like Carol, has had his memories manipulated into believing he's Yon-Rogg when he's actually Mar-Vell (or it will be the opposite). Nevertheless there's potential for Teddy to show up as CM takes place in the nineties.

Falcon and Winter Soldier could explore the first iteration of the super soldier program and have them eventually encounter the Bradley family.

Wanda and Vision could encompass a story dealing with family and humanity. If they explore the magical nature of Wanda's powers and Vision "soul"-searching - they could establish a way for Billy and Tommy to be "born." I think an interesting alternate route would have them save a pair of twins from near death by imparting pieces of their souls into them - both highlighting Wanda's magic and Vision's soul/humanity. This way they can sidestep the timeline issue by having the twins older and still playing into a mystical relation between the boys and their parents (also it opens up the door for more diverse casting).

With the apparent addition of an older Cassie, Peter, Shuri, and the eventual inclusion of Kamala and Miles we could see a different iteration of the YA/New Avengers team. There definitely will be changes - in no way should we expect the characters to be identical to their comic counterparts, but I do hope they are introduced in a respectful and meaningful way.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Fun fact: Rob Liefeld pitched a Young Avengers title for Marvel in the late 80s that turned out to be the New Warriors later on:

http://robliefeldcreations.com/liefe...vengers-pitch/

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. A young version of the Avengers is such an obvious pitch that it's weird how long it took Marvel to actually go through with it.

Fun fact: Rob Liefeld pitched a Young Avengers title for Marvel in the late 80s that turned out to be the New Warriors later on:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. A young version of the Avengers is such an obvious pitch that it's weird how long it took Marvel to actually go through with it.
    Gawd Bless Heinberg for his creations.

Liefeld just..... I can't. He's just not my cup of protein powder. <shrug>

Roster is the exact same, with the exception of Night Thrasher, so clearly they ended up deciding to go with that pitch, but since Liefeld had other work by then they found a new creative team who coined the New Warriors name and added Thrash. Had Liefeld's version happened, then the history of both teams would've been different. After all, there are periods later when they co-exist.

YA needs an animated series, I think their popularity would jump if they got the YJ treatment on Disney+. Especially Billy, Teddy, and MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    YA needs an animated series, I think their popularity would jump if they got the YJ treatment on Disney+. Especially Billy, Teddy, and MAC.
    On a corporate level I'm not sure if they would want something that would probably be aimed at the same kind of audience Marvel Rising is, not that I would really want current Marvel Animation to touch the Young Avengers anyways.

I would also point out that America is already in Rising... but Ms Marvel was in both that and Avengers.