Page 50 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Judging by the solicits of Strikeforce, I'm getting the feeling Billy won't be in the first two issues. Maybe Tini didn't want to use him there while he was in Death's Head.

And speaking of Death's Head, the solicit for the final issue is out, and we have our fearless YA trio on the cover:

DEATH’S HEAD #4 (of 4)
    TINI HOWARD (W) • KEI ZAMA (A)
    Cover by NICK ROCHE
    Connecting variant cover by JOHN MCCREA
    NUMBER FOUR IS ALWAYS A PROBLEM!
    Death’s Head and his fri—err, associates—are trapped in Dr. Necker’s robot graveyard. Tensions are high, but batteries are low. Will this team-up all sign on together, or log off separately? What does the mysterious Dr. Necker want? And how will Death’s Head learn to text with those big robot hands? Find out in our final issue!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    Hopefully being together like that again will inspire them to discuss a YA reunion.

And a reminder to everyone: the first issue of Death's Head will be out next week! I've been using Marvel Unlimited to read my comics, but I will make an exception for this one and purchase it digitally right after it comes out, because I really want to support a Billy/Teddy book in the best way that I can.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-25-2019 at 08:52 AM.

So I guess Billy was just feeling nostalgic and that's why he magiced up there old uniforms in the first issues makes sense. Also I stand by the fact that the new younger DH is the accidental robot son of B and T that Billy accidentally created!! Also it's nice to see Kate with her real "best" friends. I love America but I don't care what all these writers are tryna force Kate is Billy's bestie.
    Last edited by Journey; 07-25-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Kate is Billy's bestie.
    Kate is becoming the Kitty Pryde of the Avengers. She's best friends with EEEEEEEEEVERYone.

Who is Kate besties with? Cassie? Billy? America? Ramone? Guh.

You can add Alexis from Unstoppable Wasp to that list! Check out Wasp vol 2 #7 and #10.

Cassie's probably no longer a BFF... seems like she's been lacking friends lately, and Scott set her up with Nadia. It's surprising she didn't end up on the Champions Reinforcement Roster, since Wasp #7 certainly showed her getting close to Nadia and Viv. Though, Champions seems to be cancelled... EDIT - it is.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-25-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Kate is becoming the Kitty Pryde of the Avengers. She's best friends with EEEEEEEEEVERYone.

Who is Kate besties with? Cassie? Billy? America? Ramone? Guh.
    These hoes ain't loyal... *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So I guess Billy was just feeling nostalgic and that's why he magiced up there old uniforms in the first issues makes sense.
    Yeah, I was thinking about that. At first I thought the old uniforms were just an artist mistake, but it looks like there was some kind of plot point behind it, since they end the series with their most recent ones. Although Billy seems to still be wearing his old ragged cape.

Also it's nice to see Kate with her real "best" friends. I love America but I don't care what all these writers are tryna force Kate is Billy's bestie.
    I like Kate's friendship with America and I wouldn't say it's forced, but I do like when writers have her interacting with her OG crew and I hope it happens more often now that she doesn't have a book anymore. Also, with this book likely being set in NY (Billy and Teddy's apartment is mentioned in the solicits), I wonder if Kate moved back to NY or she's just visiting.

Young Avengers is the only Avengers title I've bought. I hope they come back as a team somewhere.

Fantastic Member

Why don’t they rebrand them as the New Avengers?
    Eli
    Speed
    Ms America
    Hulkling
    Wiccan
    Kate
    Stinger
    Marvel Boy

And add:
    Alloy
    Fuse

Somehow bring back Jonas

Mighty Member

Big fan of YA, so I thought I'd post these preview pages from DH #1

I'm so excited for this!

Just a minor nitpick: I wonder if there's going to be some explanation as to why Billy's reality warping requires so much ''concentration'' and repeating the words again when in New Avengers he seemed to be much more in control of those abilities, being able to use his powers in a quicker way and with simpler words or sentences, without the need of repetition like in the past. Even in the recent War Scrolls issue, all it took for him to change his clothes was to casually say ''Moon Prism Power''. Is this regression maybe related to him going back to his old looks somehow? Maybe it's a psychological thing? Maybe there isn't even any plot point behind it and the writer just liked his powers better when they were portrayed like this?
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-26-2019 at 03:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Judging by the solicits of Strikeforce, I'm getting the feeling Billy won't be in the first two issues. Maybe Tini didn't want to use him there while he was in Death's Head.

And speaking of Death's Head, the solicit for the final issue is out, and we have our fearless YA trio on the cover:

Hopefully being together like that again will inspire them to discuss a YA reunion.

And a reminder to everyone: the first issue of Death's Head will be out next week! I've been using Marvel Unlimited to read my comics, but I will make an exception for this one and purchase it digitally right after it comes out, because I really want to support a Billy/Teddy book in the best way that I can.
    Poor Billy is bullied by that goddamn title pushing his face.

I'm so excited for this!

Just a minor nitpick: I wonder if there's going to be some explanation as to why Billy's reality warping requires so much ''concentration'' and repeating the words again when in New Avengers he seemed to be much more in control of those abilities, being able to use his powers in a quicker way and with simpler words or sentences, without the need of repetition like in the past. Even in the recent War Scrolls issue, all it took for him to change his clothes was to casually say ''Moon Prism Power''. Is this regression maybe related to him going back to his old looks somehow? Maybe it's a psychological thing? Maybe there isn't even any plot point behind it and the writer just liked his powers better when they were portrayed like this?
    Perhaps its the spell level. (Sorry, I've been playing a lot of D&D lately) Maybe it requires more focus to "contain the robot"?
    I'm deeply conflicted about this book.
    The War Scrolls issue fed my soul. And I've since embraced "soft goth" Billy. But wtf is going on with his stiletto finger nails? And why is Billy's gettup all shredded and tootoo'ed? And what's with Billy worryin' about Teddy getting shot. There's just....continuity stuff being overlooked or ignored for the sake of...I dunno... dialogue.
    Time for my OWN chanting I suppose. "KeepAnOpenMind KeepAnOpenMind KeepAnOpenMind"

Even in the recent War Scrolls issue, all it took for him to change his clothes was to casually say ''Moon Prism Power''.
    He quoted Sailor Moon's transformation call?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Billy making pop culture references for spell casting (Moon Prism Power) as an evolution from the repeatrepeatrepeatrepeat was everything I wanted.

Its like the creative method behind casting with the Staff of One....but....no limits.

Y'all are reaching.