Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

A magic-based origin is just what makes the most sense for Billy and Tommy, IMO. There's no other way to logically explain their crazy origin story. Billy inheriting powers derived from Wanda, Tommy inheriting powers derived from Pietro (and even his white hair), Billy and Tommy looking like identical twins... all of that while NEITHER of them are biologically related to each other or to the Maximoffs. I really don't see any logical genetic explanation for all of this, even using ''Marvel Science'' as a standard.

Anyway, here's the cover for Death's Head #4 without the logo in case any of you wanted to appreciate Billy's face.

Someone on Reddit mentioned Eli being in Marvel Battle Lines. So I said "sure it wasn't Rayshaun Lucas", and they replied with this link:
    https://marvel-battlelines.fandom.com/wiki/Patriot

So Eli's being used in games now? Even without Marvel Comics #1000, this proves any legal problems with him are resolved.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Someone on Reddit mentioned Eli being in Marvel Battle Lines. So I said "sure it wasn't Rayshaun Lucas"
    Of course you did lol.

Remember when Eli was in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2?

Oh how times have changed

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Of course you did lol.
    Because that legal issue would've kept Eli out of everything. If we needed proof the legal issues are sorted, this is it.

Looks like that game is showing a lot of Young Avengers love actually.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Someone on Reddit mentioned Eli being in Marvel Battle Lines. So I said "sure it wasn't Rayshaun Lucas", and they replied with this link:

So Eli's being used in games now? Even without Marvel Comics #1000, this proves any legal problems with him are resolved.
    I'm loving this apparent comeback Eli is making to Marvel media. Let's hope he sticks around! And in case he does, I'm curious to see how they're gonna handle him going forward and if he's still gonna be Patriot now that we have another one around.

Because that legal issue would've kept Eli out of everything. If we needed proof the legal issues are sorted, this is it.

Looks like that game is showing a lot of Young Avengers love actually.
    Yeah, I was just looking on the Fandom page, and it seems like all of the members (except for Jonas) are in the game:

https://marvel-battlelines.fandom.co...Young_Avengers

I don't play this, but it's always nice to see the team being acknowledged like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, I was just looking on the Fandom page, and it seems like all of the members (except for Jonas) are in the game:

https://marvel-battlelines.fandom.co...Young_Avengers

Holy **** this is great news. I have to try this game out now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Of course you did lol.
    So what happens to Rayshuan now? Does that explain him being MIA in Marvel Rising latest mini?

Extraordinary Member

A magic-based origin is just what makes the most sense for Billy and Tommy, IMO. There's no other way to logically explain their crazy origin story. Billy inheriting powers derived from Wanda, Tommy inheriting powers derived from Pietro (and even his white hair), Billy and Tommy looking like identical twins... all of that while NEITHER of them are biologically related to each other or to the Maximoffs. I really don't see any logical genetic explanation for all of this, even using ''Marvel Science'' as a standard.
    The fact that Billy and Tommy are not actually brothers may be the most-forgotten fact about them. That or the fact that Billy actually is the biological child of the Kaplans.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So what happens to Rayshuan now? Does that explain him being MIA in Marvel Rising latest mini?
    The cancellation of the current Champions series and the fact that Sam Wilson is in limbo right now, means that yeah, Rayshaun will be limited to just the Marvel Rising cartoons for the time being.

I think his absence from the Rising comics is explained simply by the fact that the Secret Warriors team doesn't yet exist. They did decide to form it at the end of the just finished second mini though. As far as I can tell, to match the cartoon they need to add Patriot, Ironheart, and Ghost-Spider, and remove Miles, who I think replaced Gwen, not Rayshaun. Wouldn't surprise me if the writer wanted to use Gwen but couldn't because she was still AU (though she'll be usable from now on, now she's at 616's ESU) and was told to use Miles instead. And think about it, if they called Rayshaun (or Riri) for help, the entire Champions team would logically answer the call. That sounds like a good reason to exclude him.

If both teams were to relaunch, YA and Champions, it's possible that both could have a Patriot on the team. It's not like it's the only shared mantle. Nova, Falcon, Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Hulk, Captain Britain, they're all shared too.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-28-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Jim: "Pretty exciting to hear that Kate is joining the other Hawkeye, in the upcoming Disney Plus show! Can't wait to see how she looks onscreen! Wonder if this costume will make it? ��"

66468017_100482741281639_1548646819519849913_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0e1lxdH729/

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    Jim: "Pretty exciting to hear that Kate is joining the other Hawkeye, in the upcoming Disney Plus show! Can't wait to see how she looks onscreen! Wonder if this costume will make it? ��"

66468017_100482741281639_1548646819519849913_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0e1lxdH729/
    I wish .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The fact that Billy and Tommy are not actually brothers may be the most-forgotten fact about them. That or the fact that Billy actually is the biological child of the Kaplans.
    It is odd and a little bit off-putting that he's had more connection with Wanda over the recent years, thanks to stuff like Children's Crusade, than he seems to have with his *actual parents* who, AFAIK, have done nothing worthy of being forgotten (other than probably only being alive because of this, since living family tend to be endangered and / or snuffed off as a source of drama / angst, when certain writers remember them...).

Maybe Billy 'cast a spell' that makes everyone forget the Kaplans are his parents. For their own protection!

"Let's hurt that little punk by going after his parents!" "Yeah, that witch-y Avenger chick? No thanks. Don't want to be turned into a toad..."

Who knows if Tommy even has parents. His entire backstory can be summed up as, "Busted out of juvie. Met Coat of Arms there." and it took several years to get even that second sentence.

It would be dark irony if he didn't have parents, because (dun-dun!), it wasn't Hulkling that was subconciously reality-warped into existence by Billy to be the 'perfect boyfriend' (as Kid Loki implied to sow seeds of doubt in them) but Tommy, to be the 'brother I never had.'

Extraordinary Member

Anyway, here's the cover for Death's Head #4 without the logo in case any of you wanted to appreciate Billy's face.

Yeah, just a random concept I thought up, they can explain Billy and Tommy's looks saying "the body is the imitation of the soul" or something like that.
    I think it's also a classic trope that soul reincarnation looks like former self? (You know, the usual reincarnation of a hero/warrior/prince/princess/ruler, etc. I can't remember the exact examples though.)