Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Billy's unfortunately back to the old Wiccan outfit in Death's Head, so it's that.

Talk about a downgrade.
    Urgh. Whoever made that decision needs a slap.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Look how good this is. Ugh. Why is it gone.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Because he's been portrayed as a leaner looking guy for the most part, and it suits him better. Everytime someone tries to buff him up, it just looks wrong for the character, IMO. And there is no shortage of big, buff looking dudes in comics. It's a good thing to have a superhero who can look different, either by being more thin or more fat than usual. Also, being skinny doesn't necessarily equal being weak. It's not like skinny people can't be fit. And specially in superhero stories where some heroes don't rely on physical strength, which is Billy's case, specific body types are not always relevant.
    Okay but my original point is he's always been drawn as relatively lean and fit just like Tommy. He's never been a skinny twink I don't see why him having abs is suprising. Just my personal opinion but whatever.

Did Bryan Singer design that Doom cover?

Psion

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Did Bryan Singer design that Doom cover?
    Umm why exactly?

That cover is great. As usual people are making a big to-do again about nothing.
    So Billy has a bit of muscle definition. That hardly equates to them drawing him 'manly'. Using the word manly there as a negative in the portrayel of a lithe gay male is a whole other hill of beans.
    He's clearly still has a thin build in that image. Hardly the ol' bodybuilder physique you get with most superheroes. And FYI muscletwinks rock.

As for the uniform. I love all of Billy's uniforms. I don't mind him switching between them now and then. I would like to see the old Asgardian uniform make a return again sometime as well. The only thing I don't like about his second uniform was the tan colour of the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    Umm why exactly?
    It's some kind of joke about how Bryan Singer had parties where he supposedly did inappropriate things with the young male stars of his movies or something like that. And the fact that Billy standing in front of Doom appearantly has some kind of sexual connotation.
    Personally I don't see anything sexual about that cover, but whatever.
    Last edited by NexusTenebrare; 08-26-2019 at 12:30 AM.
    #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    His Naruto headband is iconic, don't y'all dare.
    I liked the headband back then and how it fit with the overall look, but I wouldn't want him to return to that. I still think he should wear a headpiece, though, but something that looks lighter and more... fashionable, I guess? I really liked Kevin Wada's redesign ideas for Wanda's headpiece, for instance. Marvel should call him to design a Billy look.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Look how good this is. Ugh. Why is it gone.
    I don't think it's gone. They used this very same costume in the promotional teaser art for Strikeforce, and then the cover artist used his old uniform. Right now, in Death's Head, he's wearing an upgraded version of his old costume, but he appears with his McKelvie costume on the covers for the last two issues. It's just typical inconsistency among artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Okay but my original point is he's always been drawn as relatively lean and fit just like Tommy. He's never been a skinny twink I don't see why him having abs is suprising. Just my personal opinion but whatever.
    When I referred to him as a twink, I didn't mean that he was an anorexic twink or whatever. There isn't just one way to be a twink. I'm just saying that he is usually leaner than how he was portrayed on that particular cover.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    That cover is great. As usual people are making a big to-do again about nothing.
    So Billy has a bit of muscle definition. That hardly equates to them drawing him 'manly'. Using the word manly there as a negative in the portrayel of a lithe gay male is a whole other hill of beans.
    He's clearly still has a thin build in that image. Hardly the ol' bodybuilder physique you get with most superheroes. And FYI muscletwinks rock.
    I think you're the one who's making a big deal about my opinion and my use of the word manly, which wasn't even meant in a negative way or had any connection with his sexuality. I used quotation marks for a reason. I was simply pointing out that he looks more physically mature and developed in comparison to how he usually looks, hence, he looks more like a grown man, ''manly''. And I just happen to prefer him not looking like that.

Cover art means very little these days. I'm reserving judgement for interiors.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I liked the headband back then and how it fit with the overall look, but I wouldn't want him to return to that. I still think he should wear a headpiece, though, but something that looks lighter and more... fashionable, I guess?
    I fanwanked back in the day that he wasn't as capable at the spellcasting (yet) as someone like Dr. Strange, so he found it useful to have physical talismans of some sort to sort of 'anchor' his spells. The tattered rag of a cloak was a (painted) wind-tattered flag from a campground he went to as a kid, serving to help channel Winds of Watoomb-like magic to fly. The stick he carried was from a tree struck by lightning, and channeled whatever magic he used (back in the day) to throw lightning bolts. And the headband and bracers that seemed to be inscribed were made from bits of armor scrap that he had personally etched with protective runes to 'anchor' the Shields of the Seraphim and provide a small measure of protective magic.

But that's all fanwank, and he's never really used 'Dr. Strange' magic style invocations (like the Shields of the Seraphim, Winds of Watoomb, Bolts of Bedevilment, Crimson Bands of Cytorrak, Images of Ikonn, Flames of the Faltines, etc.) anyway. (Not that modern writers even have *Dr. Strange* use those spells anymore...) Heck, I'm not sure if anyone currently thinks of him as a magic-user of any sort, or just a reality warper with a magic fetish...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I fanwanked back in the day that he wasn't as capable at the spellcasting (yet) as someone like Dr. Strange, so he found it useful to have physical talismans of some sort to sort of 'anchor' his spells. The tattered rag of a cloak was a (painted) wind-tattered flag from a campground he went to as a kid, serving to help channel Winds of Watoomb-like magic to fly. The stick he carried was from a tree struck by lightning, and channeled whatever magic he used (back in the day) to throw lightning bolts. And the headband and bracers that seemed to be inscribed were made from bits of armor scrap that he had personally etched with protective runes to 'anchor' the Shields of the Seraphim and provide a small measure of protective magic.

But that's all fanwank, and he's never really used 'Dr. Strange' magic style invocations (like the Shields of the Seraphim, Winds of Watoomb, Bolts of Bedevilment, Crimson Bands of Cytorrak, Images of Ikonn, Flames of the Faltines, etc.) anyway. (Not that modern writers even have *Dr. Strange* use those spells anymore...) Heck, I'm not sure if anyone currently thinks of him as a magic-user of any sort, or just a reality warper with a magic fetish...
    Yeah, I wish that his "casting" was dug into more. I'd love to get an explanation for the source of what he does.

The whole magic or just reality warping debate needs an answer. I'm just really hoping we get a definitive explanation of whether or not Billy and Tommy are still mutants. Especially with everything going on with the X-men now is the time. I'm saying yay only because a future version of Billy was a confirmed X-men.

Bleeding Cool are speculating that Teddy will be getting a new codename... Captain Marvel.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...aptain-marvel/

I don't see it happening though, unless he and Carol share it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bleeding Cool are speculating that Teddy will be getting a new codename... Captain Marvel.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...aptain-marvel/

I don't see it happening though, unless he and Carol share it.
    Well she stole it from "his" dad so he ranks above her as far as rights to the name. Plus 2 Hawkeyes have been around for years now wouldn't shock me if they shared.

Yeah, nope, Marvel would definetely not want to have a male Captain Marvel "competing" with Carol.

Meh. If Teddy is to be re-branded then don't hold back. Give him something entirely fresh.
    Call him Paragon or Examplar or Herald or... I dunno. Skip the Marvel.