Page 66 of 96 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

They are basically like Cosmicbook News.

They should put son in quotations. Because Wanda's kids souls are in Billy and Tommy, but they aren't her sons. They should know they were born to other people. And while Tommy basically had no one, Billy had a very supportive family. It'd be terrible if Rebecca and Jeff were written out, so that Wiccan could have the more famous "mom."
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'm willing to sacrifice Rebecca and Jeff because Billy and Tommy being soul twins and the reincarnations of Wanda's children can get weird and complicated for the general public. Even more so if they involve Mephisto in the whole ordeal. The really sad thing would be losing Billy's Jewish heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Without the problematic political slant, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    I'm willing to sacrifice Rebecca and Jeff because Billy and Tommy being soul twins and the reincarnations of Wanda's children can get weird and complicated for the general public. Even more so if they involve Mephisto in the whole ordeal. The really sad thing would be losing Billy's Jewish heritage.
    If they have the Mephisto's soul babies thing then it'd already be complicated. Likely if they have to establish Wanda's powers, they aren't gonna have two different demon lords in one show. I'd rather Wiccan and Speed be established later.

If they have the Mephisto's soul babies thing then it'd already be complicated. Likely if they have to establish Wanda's powers, they aren't gonna have two different demon lords in one show. I'd rather Wiccan and Speed be established later.
    I feel like if they feel the compulsion to establish their souls being connected to a demon lord, they'll just simply things and give Mephisto's role to Chthon.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I feel like if they feel the compulsion to establish their souls being connected to a demon lord, they'll just simply things and give Mephisto's role to Chthon.
    They could also do away with the demon souls thing too, because it's not even brought up. We only know of it outside of comics. Whatever they do, take their time with it. And don't exclude Speed. I have this feeling that they'd use Viv instead.

They could also do away with the demon souls thing too, because it's not even brought up. We only know of it outside of comics. Whatever they do, take their time with it. And don't exclude Speed. I have this feeling that they'd use Viv instead.
    Yeah, it does seem like an unnecessary complication.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

They should put son in quotations. Because Wanda's kids souls are in Billy and Tommy, but they aren't her sons. They should know they were born to other people. And while Tommy basically had no one, Billy had a very supportive family. It'd be terrible if Rebecca and Jeff were written out, so that Wiccan could have the more famous "mom."
    At this point it's clear people see Billy and Tommy as interchangeable with William and Thomas Maximoff, and I can't even really blame them for that when the comics act like that too. Like when Wanda had that vision of her kids in her recent solo series, it wasn't the OG twins, but mini versions of Wiccan and Speed. Or the The Vision cover art which featured Vision's family tree and they used Wiccan and Speed. Or Billy calling Wanda ''mom'' in New Avengers even though we never saw their relationship developing to a point where they would be that intimate. Since Billy and Tommy are probably more recognizable and popular characters than the OG twins, it's easier for people to see them as her kids, even though they're not her actual kids. I guess it's a lot similar to how Magneto gets more credit for being Wanda and Pietro's parent than Django and Marya.

But yeah, I agree on not wanting the Kaplans to be erased. I still want them to be a part of Billy's backstory whenever he gets an adaption outside of comics.

If they don't want things to get complicated, I honestly think they won't even try to do the whole reincarnation thing, tbh. I suggested this before, but I think the easiest and most realistic way to introduce Wiccan and Speed in the MCU, while trying to keep them as close as possible to their comics backstories is: have them be biological twins from Sokovia, who are distant relatives of Wanda (which could explain their similar powers through mystical family lineage, maybe something related to Chthon). We know sokovians have a history of being war victims, so that could explain that the twins were sent to the USA as refugees when they were still babies. Then they were adopted and raised by two separate american families, and that's how you get the Kaplans and the Shepherds. This way, I think you get the best of both worlds: you have them as your regular american teenagers who join the Young Avengers, but you still pin them to a more mystical background that connects them to Wanda, even if they're not specifically her spiritual kids like in the comics. I think it's a good compromise.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-03-2019 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    At this point it's clear people see Billy and Tommy as interchangeable with William and Thomas Maximoff, and I can't even really blame them for that when the comics act like that too. Like when Wanda had that vision of her kids in her recent solo series, it wasn't the OG twins, but mini versions of Wiccan and Speed. Or the The Vision cover art which featured Vision's family tree and they used Wiccan and Speed. Or Billy calling Wanda ''mom'' in New Avengers even though we never saw their relationship developing to a point where they would be that intimate. Since Billy and Tommy are probably more recognizable and popular characters than the OG twins, it's easier for people to see them as her kids, even though they're not her actual kids. I guess it's a lot similar to how Magneto gets more credit for being Wanda and Pietro's parent than Django and Marya.

But yeah, I agree on not wanting the Kaplans to be erased. I still want them to be a part of Billy's backstory whenever he gets an adaption outside of comics.
    I mean they kind of do? But they don't really. Wanda has barely interacted with them. And the Scarlet Mom thing was for a moment. Vision got a moment with Billy. We never actually got to see what happened there. It's not really an established relationship. It's way more established in fandom fiction and such.

I'm not sure what Marvel's thing is with family dynamics outside of rare examples, but they have been pretty bad at it. Speed especially has been left out of everything. I hope if they do the kids thing, the movies do better than comics have.

Extraordinary Member

WGTC has definitely had a lot of misses, but they were also surprisingly right about a She-Hulk TV show, which literally no one else was reporting on before D23, so who knows. They have also reported on the Young Avengers getting a movie and a TV show on Disney+.

Oh, and the source who claimed MAC was getting a solo show on Disney+ (still not sure if I'm buying that) posted this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/The_GWW/status/1166826512261308422

I know how easy it is to make up stuff on the internet on this day and age, but there have been just so many rumors coming from different sources about the YA in the MCU. It's really hard to not get your hopes up.
    I just feel like WGTC is the spam and wish to hit kind of media.

So, this is some interesting news...
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/wand...as-son-wiccan/
    Attachment 86472
    I hope they also bring Tommy along though.
    I call bull on that. No way are they only having one kid. If they have kids, it'll be twins, but the only question is, will the second twin be Speed like in the comics, or will they make it a girl - Viv Vision? Viv was also a twin in the comics, after all.

WGTC has definitely had a lot of misses, but they were also surprisingly right about a She-Hulk TV show, which literally no one else was reporting on before D23, so who knows.
    That was probably just a fluke. They posted articles about different things, and coincidentally, one of them proves to be correct.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean they kind of do? But they don't really. Wanda has barely interacted with them. And the Scarlet Mom thing was for a moment. Vision got a moment with Billy. We never actually got to see what happened there. It's not really an established relationship. It's way more established in fandom fiction and such.

I'm not sure what Marvel's thing is with family dynamics outside of rare examples, but they have been pretty bad at it. Speed especially has been left out of everything. I hope if they do the kids thing, the movies do better than comics have.
    I'm not really getting why you are making this such a big deal.
    Could they spend more time with Billy (and Tommy's) 'biological' parents? Sure. But it's not like they have that much appearances that every aspect of their private life can be explored.

Besides, it's silly to pretend that Billy and Tommy are completely diferent people from the original twins. Do you think it's pure coincidence that Billy and Tommy look like Wanda and Pietro? Clearly it's not just a case of the twins' souls inhabiting bodies that have no relation to the Maximoff twins. But it doesn't help that Marvel never clarrified what exactly happened when Billy and Tommy came into being to the Kaplans and the Shepards.

Anyway, it just seems really weird to me that a few years ago we were all crying out to see more interaction between the twins and Wanda/Vision and appearantly nowadays we need to see them interacting with the Kaplans and Shepards and any connection to Wanda and Vision should be completely ignored. Comicfans really seem to be mercurial.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'm not really getting why you are making this such a big deal.
    Could they spend more time with Billy (and Tommy's) 'biological' parents? Sure. But it's not like they have that much appearances that every aspect of their private life can be explored.

Besides, it's silly to pretend that Billy and Tommy are completely diferent people from the original twins. Do you think it's pure coincidence that Billy and Tommy look like Wanda and Pietro? Clearly it's not just a case of the twins' souls inhabiting bodies that have no relation to the Maximoff twins. But it doesn't help that Marvel never clarrified what exactly happened when Billy and Tommy came into being to the Kaplans and the Shepards.

Anyway, it just seems really weird to me that a few years ago we were all crying out to see more interaction between the twins and Wanda/Vision and appearantly nowadays we need to see them interacting with the Kaplans and Shepards and any connection to Wanda and Vision should be completely ignored. Comicfans really seem to be mercurial.
    I'm not making a big deal about it. Holding discussion isn't equal to flailling arms about, I assure you.

Stating the fact that comics haven't developed any sort of relationship there, despite having made superficial links to Wanda and Vision's kids, and that's just what happened.

She didn't get her kids back with how comics did it. Other kids simply got the transplant of her kids souls. In some weird comics-like attempt to make a link between old and young Avengers.

If you like that Marvel makes vague family links without actually doing that, that's up to you.

I hope the movies do better.

Btw, I am still of the belief that if writers change something like that, they should do something productive with it. It's on them that they really never did.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-03-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I call bull on that. No way are they only having one kid. If they have kids, it'll be twins, but the only question is, will the second twin be Speed like in the comics, or will they make it a girl - Viv Vision? Viv was also a twin in the comics, after all.
    To play devil's advocate: they didn't actually say they were only having one kid, just that we would see Wiccan being introduced. We could get the twins storyline, and that could lead to a teaser of Wiccan's origin story. WandaVision ties in with Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness, so maybe there is a reason why they are prioritizing a mage character. Speed was a later addition to the YA comics anyway, so it wouldn't be far-fetched for them to be saving his origins for later.

That was probably just a fluke. They posted articles about different things, and coincidentally, one of them proves to be correct.
    That's definitely a possibility. It just seems weird that they would make up a rumor so specific about a She-Hulk production when everyone was convinced that Marvel couldn't do ANY kind of Hulk-led production. If you're trying to build some credibility, it seems like the wrong move to spread a rumor that everyone was immediately going to doubt.

Anyway, I just went to their website and guess what? Now they are saying Hulkling will be in Captain Marvel 2, LOL. I mean, don't get me wrong, this is definitely something that I can see happening, but it just feels so conveniently timed, when they JUST posted the rumor about Wiccan. Kinda too good to be true, you know? I wouldn't be shocked if their next rumor is about Stature/Stinger appearing on Ant-Man 3 or something like that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-03-2019 at 10:09 AM.

I wouldn't be shocked if their next rumor is about Stature/Stinger appearing on Ant-Man 3 or something like that.
    A film which doesn't even exist. There's no plans for Ant-Man 3.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman