Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1435

So Billy and Teddy are apparently international Icons now in Brazil if Marvel was smart they would ride this wave and give em both a huge push.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    according to the Incoming thread, apparently that is a Point One type deal, with little short stories to give a sampling of everything coming up, so it may be from that... though that would imply there is something afterward following up on it.
    Hulkling is apparently in it - but NOT with the YAs. That first teaser without the puzzle piece shape was his silhouette.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So Billy and Teddy are apparently international Icons now in Brazil if Marvel was smart they would ride this wave and give em both a huge push.
    Did you see the cover of the biggest newspaper in Brazil?

Love seeing these boys get the spotlight. Pretty soon we'll get an ongoing, come on Marvel!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'd love if they did that, but I'm not sure if Marvel Comics cares about the south american market that much. Not in the way Cebulski seems to cater to the east asian market, at least. If the Children's Crusade graphic novel keeps selling out and the brazilian publishers order new printings, maybe this could catch Marvel's attention? Not sure what exactly is the process to determine when a book is a hit overseas.

As much as I hope for a mini or series with Billy and Teddy, I get the feeling Marvel will be Marvel and botch this. CB will likely just push them to split or do more pointless 90s nostalgia no one asked for.

Well, I reckon they will be pushed next year... but not together. We already know Wiccan is in Strikeforce, and it looks like Hulkling will be in whatever Incoming is setting up.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    As much as I hope for a mini or series with Billy and Teddy, I get the feeling Marvel will be Marvel and botch this. CB will likely just push them to split or do more pointless 90s nostalgia no one asked for.
    I doubt Marvel will split them. If anything, having them together is good publicity for them. You're probably right about the 90s nostalgia, though. lol

Anyway, adorable art by Luciano Vecchio:

I love that he keeps drawing Billy with his redesign. I wish he had used the redesign he made for Teddy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'd love if they did that, but I'm not sure if Marvel Comics cares about the south american market that much. Not in the way Cebulski seems to cater to the east asian market, at least. If the Children's Crusade graphic novel keeps selling out and the brazilian publishers order new printings, maybe this could catch Marvel's attention? Not sure what exactly is the process to determine when a book is a hit overseas.
    It doesn't seem like Marvel has even put out a statement on this whole thing, so I feel like they're just ignoring it.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It doesn't seem like Marvel has even put out a statement on this whole thing, so I feel like they're just ignoring it.
    I definitely think they're ignoring it publicly, but I feel like that's mostly because of the their recent ''let's try not to get too political'' policy. Like I said in the LGBTQ Thread, if they're hesitating to openly criticize their own government, it's unlikely they would bother to get into brazilian politics at all. But that doesn't mean people over at Marvel are not seeing the controversy behind the scenes and maybe being inspired by the free publicity to do more with the characters. It may not happen, but I wouldn't rule out just because they're not talking about it publicly.

Hey so quick question me and my friend were discussing Strikeforce and he thinks Mephisto might be involved and how it would be interesting for him to interact with Billy. And then that got me thinking if Billy, Tommy and Wanda are only mother and son through a spiritual/soul connection. Does that mean that Mephisto would be there dad? If so I would love to see that explored in depth.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Their dad is Vision, or at the least Wonder Man. Mephisto is like... their surrogate?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Their dad is Vision, or at the least Wonder Man. Mephisto is like... their surrogate?
    Oy this **** is confusing no wonder Wanda avoids them. And Vision makes robot families I mean who has the time for that kind of headache.

Wanda and Vision are the parents of the original twins
    It was their love that Wanda used to power and shape the spell which turned those souls into living babies

Mephisto was the source of their souls. They were fragments of his own soul.
    If anything I'd say Billy and Tommy are reincarnations of Mephisto. Or William and Thomas were.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Wanda and Vision are the parents of the original twins
    It was their love that Wanda used to power and shape the spell which turned those souls into living babies

Mephisto was the source of their souls. They were fragments of his own soul.
    If anything I'd say Billy and Tommy are reincarnations of Mephisto. Or William and Thomas were.
    Well, sometimes individuals born from soul shards of another being would be considered offsprings than reincarnations in some fantasy settings.

Oy this **** is confusing no wonder Wanda avoids them. And Vision makes robot families I mean who has the time for that kind of headache.
    Speaking of that robot family, it's so confusing even Viv Vision can't figure it out. She actually CRASHED (as in a computer crash) while trying to explain Wiccan and Speed's origin to Nadia in Unstoppable Wasp vol 2 #7.