Page 69 of 96 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1435
    Mighty Member

Was it ever explained why Mephisto's soul was shattered in the first place? I've always heard that Franklin Richards blasting him to pieces while in his own realm caused his soul to fracture and give rise to Wanda being able to manipulate souls, but I've never found a panel that explains this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Was it ever explained why Mephisto's soul was shattered in the first place? I've always heard that Franklin Richards blasting him to pieces while in his own realm caused his soul to fracture and give rise to Wanda being able to manipulate souls, but I've never found a panel that explains this.
    It was definitely Franklin, in FF 277, if my Google skills have not failed me. I remember reading it at the time, and Franklin's words being something to the effect of 'Bad man, go away!' and blammo, Mephisto blowed up good. (With it later being established that his soul was shattered into five fragments, and Master Pandemonium, a West Coast Avengers villain, being created/tasked/established to regather them, and so reform Mephisto himself.)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hey so quick question me and my friend were discussing Strikeforce and he thinks Mephisto might be involved and how it would be interesting for him to interact with Billy. And then that got me thinking if Billy, Tommy and Wanda are only mother and son through a spiritual/soul connection. Does that mean that Mephisto would be there dad? If so I would love to see that explored in depth.
    I've always interpreted the situation as Mephisto being the ''magic sperm donor'' of the William/Thomas conception. As in, Wanda and Vision, by themselves, couldn't possibly have any children, and she used Mephisto's ''seed'' to help her conceive babies with not just physical bodies but actual souls. So you could kind of argue that he could be considered their ''spiritual father''. It's a weird area to determine parentage, though, because there was no actual biological conception involved, so it all comes down to the rules of magic, which are not exactly consistent.

And I wish Mephisto was involved on a story with Billy to explore precisely this, but I'm not convinced he's the big bad behind Strikeforce so far. It was said that the threat they're facing grows stronger the more people know about it. I'm not sure how Mephisto would fit into that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And I wish Mephisto was involved on a story with Billy to explore precisely this, but I'm not convinced he's the big bad behind Strikeforce so far. It was said that the threat they're facing grows stronger the more people know about it. I'm not sure how Mephisto would fit into that.
    Grows stronger the more people know about it sounds sort of like D'Sayre, who might have some plot in effect that is deliberately scary and depressing, and the more people are despairing of it / feel hopeless about it, the stronger he gets.

A new Incoming teaser shows the Champions, effectively confirming that team is sticking around. I'm not sure if that's good news or bad for the Young Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    As much as I hope for a mini or series with Billy and Teddy, I get the feeling Marvel will be Marvel and botch this. CB will likely just push them to split or do more pointless 90s nostalgia no one asked for.
    I've said it before and will likely say it again, but they could do with some time apart.

I dont think we'll get a split now though, but somewhere down the line, if Teddy is Space King Arthur, then that'll make Billy his Guinevere - and that worked out soooo well.....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I've said it before and will likely say it again, but they could do with some time apart.

I dont think we'll get a split now though, but somewhere down the line, if Teddy is Space King Arthur, then that'll make Billy his Guinevere - and that worked out soooo well.....
    Billy is Teddy's Merlin. Gay magical nerd love supersedes all.

The Magical God Messiah and The King of Space! Yeah I don't see anyone wanting that kind of smoke!!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I agree that they could use some time apart - for Teddy's part especially, but that doesn't mean they need to break up. They need time apart in order to establish who they are on their own while still being in a relationship.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Billy is Teddy's Merlin. Gay magical nerd love supersedes all.
    Maybe.

But drama sells, and drama means someone cheats eventually. And we all know that'll be Billy
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A new Incoming teaser shows the Champions, effectively confirming that team is sticking around. I'm not sure if that's good news or bad for the Young Avengers.
    We already knew they were sticking around, though. Jim Zub had already confirmed that there were plans for the group, and that teaser doesn't really tell much. I'm not jumping to any conclusions until we know what that page Cheung was drawing was for.

In another news, we're starting to get more info on the casting for the Hawkeye show. Variety is reporting that Hailee Steinfeld is being considered for the role of Kate.

Hailee Steinfield in talks to be Kate.
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/haw...us-1203318859/

Haven't seen anything with her, but she seems like a good fit.

Edit: Oh, ninja'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hailee Steinfield in talks to be Kate.
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/haw...us-1203318859/

Haven't seen anything with her, but she seems like a good fit.
    Watch Edge Of Seventeen. It’s a delightful movie and she’s great in it. Perfect for Kate IMO

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Watch Edge Of Seventeen. It’s a delightful movie and she’s great in it. Perfect for Kate IMO
    Here to second this opinion. Steinfield was really good in that film, and she'd be a really good fit for Marvel and the role of Kate Bishop. I'm surprised I've never seen her be suggested.

She's already done a Marvel character. She was Spider-Gwen in the Spider-Verse movie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman