Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Welcome to the life of a C/D-list Marvel character. I remember that an editor was asked about her once, and they just said that it was best if people assumed she went back to her time, but that obviously didn't happen, as she was just recently on the FF book, which means she's been running around in the wrong timeline for quite some time now and no one bothered to address the implications of that, which drives me nuts.

I actually thought that the last New Warriors volume was going to deal with her later on (but never could since the book was cancelled), since there was some unanswered questions about Water Snake. We never saw her completing her mission, and it wasn't clear why it was stated that she looked so much like Nita. My theory is that we were going to find out that Faira was a clone of Nita, and that she was created to ''study'' Nita's life and then take her place in the past up until her death at Stamford, allowing history to follow its course while the real Namorita could stay alive and well in the present.
    I actually remember an article from CBR a few years back that explained Yost's plans for Namorita and Water Snake
    https://www.cbr.com/namorita-new-warriors-return-water-snake/

And you're surprisingly close

I really liked the original line-up and think its a shame that we didn't get more stories out of them. I also want Eli back again. I did like the additions of MAC and Noh-Varr. Prodigy was kinda meh. It would be nice if Marvel produced a Young Avengers ongoing again. I know The Champions kinda fill the teen-hero slot, but I'm greedy and I want them both!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I don't think Noh-Varr actually added much to the group dynamics except to give Kate someone to make out with. He gave them a ship and his exes made up most of their enemies, but Noh-Varr himself wasn't that interesting.

I agree that Noh-Varr was kinda meh. I understand why people don't really see him as a Young Avenger much, but I thought Loki was the most fun/significant addition of that run.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I really liked the original line-up and think its a shame that we didn't get more stories out of them. I also want Eli back again. I did like the additions of MAC and Noh-Varr. Prodigy was kinda meh. It would be nice if Marvel produced a Young Avengers ongoing again. I know The Champions kinda fill the teen-hero slot, but I'm greedy and I want them both!
    Well, if Young Justice and Teen Titans can co-exist, then so can Young Avengers and Champions... I've always believed that. I would've said the same about Titans too, but it just got canned.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    For a Young Avengers Cartoon, I'd have the first season as an adaption of the first volume and Civil War.
    The second Season would introduce the Avengers Academy, and Dark Reign
    The third season would be a long term Thanos set up involving adopting, Infinity, Inhumanity, and Thane.
    The fourth Season would cover basically all of Jonathon Hickman's stuff Future Foundation, Time Runs out, Illuminati and Secret Wars.

Basically storylines that SHOULD transition to animation but we still have yet to see.
    So, would Thane be a friend or foe of the Young Avengers? He is actually another character I have considered as a new member for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh yeah, Speed would be perfect for this.

It's interesting how Marvel has so few speedsters, compared to DC, and much lower-powered ones, at that (making them narratively easier to use than someone who can run, and think, and react!, at lightspeed, evacuate a city in mid-nuclear explosion or disarm an entire army in the blink of an eye), and with such dynamic and attitude-centric personalities as Northstar, Quicksilver and Speed, and yet seems to have little or no interest in actually using them.

If we ever do see the Young Avengers again, I'd definitely like to see something done with Tommy. I've got nothing against Kate or Billy, but the two of them seem to get more attention than the rest, and I'd like to see it spread around a little more. (That said, I liked Noh-Varr and America a bunch too, even if they weren't 'originals!')
    Oh yeah, we definitely need more Tommy. We were supposed to get more, but Heinberg never got to write some of the arcs he had planned, including one that would focus on Tommy and the Young Masters. I definitely wanted to read more about Tommy's relationship with Coat Of Arms. And it sucked that he had to sit out most of Gillen's run, even though I understand that there was a plot point behind that. But that issue focused on him was proof enough that the book would've been even better if he had been given a bigger role. But yes, I'm hoping the next Young Avengers book will heavily feature him, starting by giving him a proper backstory, including more information about his biological family, how he discovered his powers, what exactly where the events that sent him to juvie, what changed his mind about being a superhero, etc. There's a lot to unpack there.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-21-2019 at 06:33 AM.

yes noh-varr sucks whomst did not knoweth this fact

spoilers:
    i like noh-varr in everything else but YA
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh yeah, Speed would be perfect for this.

It's interesting how Marvel has so few speedsters, compared to DC, and much lower-powered ones, at that (making them narratively easier to use than someone who can run, and think, and react!, at lightspeed, evacuate a city in mid-nuclear explosion or disarm an entire army in the blink of an eye), and with such dynamic and attitude-centric personalities as Northstar, Quicksilver and Speed, and yet seems to have little or no interest in actually using them.

If we ever do see the Young Avengers again, I'd definitely like to see something done with Tommy. I've got nothing against Kate or Billy, but the two of them seem to get more attention than the rest, and I'd like to see it spread around a little more. (That said, I liked Noh-Varr and America a bunch too, even if they weren't 'originals!')
    We know the least about Tommy at this juncture. And that's saying something when you've got super cagey America Chavez out and about. Tommy definitely needs some spotlight, rather than simply getting second hand commentary ABOUT him (largely explaining his absence more than anything else).
    I loved getting insight into his daily life and how it feels to BE him during his brief one issue showcasing in Gillen's run. That issue really did afford him a legit explanation for his continued absence, for better or worse.

I would loooooooooooooove it, if in the future when we DO get a Young Avengers title up and running again, if the author would do that internal monologue/narrative from the perspective of a selected character per issue for a little while so we could get inside their heads a bit more too. Like during Children's Crusade, how the opening issue gave us introductions to who and what they all are from Billy's perspective? That'd be fun. The title could start off with a new addition's perspective acting as our reader insert?

Gawd I miss these guys.

On the topic of Namorita, since she's being discussed, and I'm getting a tiny headache just thinking of the mathematical gymnastics required, where does she fall in terms of AGE ? I mean, if she or one of her many incarnations(?) were to join the Young Avengers or perhaps if the YA and the most recent New Warriors gang were to merge in some way -- how would that work in terms of age discrepancies/authority?
    The New Warriors MUST be older than the YA, right?
    Mostly.
    I imagine Hummingbird and Haechi (and of course Sam/Nova) are the youngest of their ranks. From what little I know of her, Hummingbird would be a fun addition to the Young Avenger crew. Her powers and personality would afford the writer a unique plot device for interpersonal drama/hilarity, in a similar vein to what many folks find charming in characters like Molly Hayes and the X-Men's Honeybadger. The Youthful exuberant truth-sayer.

Last edited by Fokken; 01-21-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Incredible Member

So, would Thane be a friend or foe of the Young Avengers? He is actually another character I have considered as a new member for the team.
    Both, we'd get an episode where the team tests both Nate and Thane to see if they can make the right decisions and join the team. In the end, they both fail and form their own space traveling group like the Young Masters with the goal of taking down Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    On the topic of Namorita, since she's being discussed, and I'm getting a tiny headache just thinking of the mathematical gymnastics required, where does she fall in terms of AGE ? I mean, if she or one of her many incarnations(?) were to join the Young Avengers or perhaps if the YA and the most recent New Warriors gang were to merge in some way -- how would that work in terms of age discrepancies/authority?
    The New Warriors MUST be older than the YA, right?
    Mostly.
    I imagine Hummingbird and Haechi (and of course Sam/Nova) are the youngest of their ranks. From what little I know of her, Hummingbird would be a fun addition to the Young Avenger crew. Her powers and personality would afford the writer a unique plot device for interpersonal drama/hilarity, in a similar vein to what many folks find charming in characters like Molly Hayes and the X-Men's Honeybadger. The Youthful exuberant truth-sayer.

That last NW team was a mix of older people and newbies. Scarlet Spider is physically the oldest, being biologically Peter Parker's age. Of course, he's a clone, so he's really much younger. The same goes for Water Snake, as she's also a clone. Namorita would definitely be early 20s if she aged naturally, but her time displacement means she may still be a teenager. Justice is older than the YAs as well. Speedball is probably the same age as the oldest members of the YAs, as he was the youngest of the original NWs. Also, Squirrel Girl used to have a crush on him. She's about 20, so I'd imagine he is too - around the same age as Hawkeye, Wiccan, Speed, and Hulkling. Haechi and Hummingbird are teens, yeah. Sam Alexander is supposed to be 15 and was the youngest of the last NW team (he's also the youngest Champion, unless the also 15 year old Riri Williams is a few months younger). Justice specifically recruited him to take Rich Rider's place.

The original New Warriors are probably all older than or the same age as the Young Avengers. The Champions are mostly younger, with a couple of exceptions. Most of the latter day additions to both teams would also fit in the Champions age group.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-21-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Oh yeah, we definitely need more Tommy. We were supposed to get more, but Heinberg never got to write some of the arcs he had planned, including one that would focus on Tommy and the Young Masters. I definitely wanted to read more about Tommy's relationship with Coat Of Arms.
    Yeah, Coat of Arms definitely felt like more than just a throwaway villain. (Ditto Melter and the new Enchantress and Executioner.) Her appearance even made me go look up Tiboro (the source of her magic jacket), because I was annoyed that Normal Osborne apparently knew more about it than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I would loooooooooooooove it, if in the future when we DO get a Young Avengers title up and running again, if the author would do that internal monologue/narrative from the perspective of a selected character per issue for a little while so we could get inside their heads a bit more too. Like during Children's Crusade, how the opening issue gave us introductions to who and what they all are from Billy's perspective? That'd be fun. The title could start off with a new addition's perspective acting as our reader insert?
    It would be a nice way to get caught up with the characters after this longish absence without an expositional info-dump every time someone new comes on panel.

Sun Girl, Haechi and Water Snake were my favorites from that crew. Hummingbird was a bit *too* perky for my tastes...

There are so many young heroes floating around, and not just the ones currently employed as Champions. Various Initiative recruits, like Komodo and Hardball, and lesser-seen ones like Telemetry and Red Nine and Gorilla Girl. The two missing Power Pack kids, Jack and Katie. Avengers Academy teens like Striker, Reptil and Finesse. New X-Men like Hellion, Dust, Loa, Bling!, etc. Various other young mutants like Goldballs and Scanner. Younger Inhumans/NuHumans like Flint, Kimura and Haechi.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-21-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Finesse is no longer limboed - she's in Unstoppable Wasp. Dust is rumoured to be a Champion, as we know a non-white female X teen who wasn't in Disassembled is joining the team in issue 3.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Ok, I NEED this friendship/conversation to be canon in the comics.

Wickling/Deanoru double date WHEN

In that fanfiction link I posted a while back (Edge of 17?) Karolina is one of Teddy's teammates and she goes by the code name Sunburst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wickling/Deanoru double date WHEN
    Yes. Yes. Yes.

Billy and Nico bonding over being insecure, super powerful, but also super clumsy witches dating bodacious blond space babes.
    Teddy and Karolina bonding over being alien orphans who fumbled their respective intergalactic duties/burdens and found love with magic messes.
    Lots of complicated parental baggage to go around too.

I wanna see them strolling together at a Carnival.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Finesse is no longer limboed - she's in Unstoppable Wasp. Dust is rumoured to be a Champion, as we know a non-white female X teen who wasn't in Disassembled is joining the team in issue 3.
    Ooh! oooh! Can you tell us more? I love Finesse. Is she a regular cast member? Cameo appearance? What's she up to? Which issues?