Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1435

https://www.newsarama.com/46865-a-ga...el-comics.html

Another teaser...
    And I'm getting a sinking feeling that this will be something like having Teddy go villain and/or Billy being the one murdered

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/46865-a-ga...el-comics.html

Another teaser...
    And I'm getting a sinking feeling that this will be something like having Teddy go villain and/or Billy being the one murdered
    I'm not worried at all. We still have that first teaser that points to Teddy playing a heroic role in this. The galactic threat could simply be the Kree/Skrull, and he's the one who has to stop it by uniting the two, like the first teaser said.

Am I the only one who's thinking this will be written by Ewing and it's the whole Eternity Wars thing he teased in New Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not worried at all. We still have that first teaser that points to Teddy playing a heroic role in this. The galactic threat could simply be the Kree/Skrull, and he's the one who has to stop it by uniting the two, like the first teaser said.
    There's also every possibility that these teasers aren't all related to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I don’t think this is a crossover, at least not from how Cebulski and Brevoort pitched it at their D23 panel. “Incoming” is supposed to be a one-shot featuring a roster of creators previewing what’s to come in 2020. They described it as an editorial undertaking similar to Marvel #1000 and 1001. So I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just a collection of totally unrelated stories, Hickman likely contributing this X-Men one, and maybe some kind of loose framing device that won’t really matter where the X-Books are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's already done a Marvel character. She was Spider-Gwen in the Spider-Verse movie.
    That was a Sony movie though and Marvel has precedence with recasting. The actress that played Minerva in Captain Marvel is now Sersi in The Eternals.
    #EmmaWasRight

Plus, it was a voice acting role. Can't imagine that being an issue. If Mahershali Ali can be Cottonmouth, Prowler and Blade, Hailee is fine.

Another rumor about the Young Avengers in the MCU:

https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/09...nt-for-disney/

This seems to line up with the other rumors that we've been reading about lately. The source of the rumor is Daniel Richtman, whom I don't know much about, but some people on Twitter seem to trust him, including Charles Murphy (the guy who broke the news about a gay lead on Eternals), so he may be trustworthy.

Solicitation for Incoming #1:

INCOMING #1
    Written by AL EWING. DAN SLOTT, CHIP ZDARSKY, KELLY THOMPSON, GREG PAK,EVE L. EWING, MATT ROSENBERG, ED BRISSON, SALADIN AHMED, TINI HOWARD,JONATHAN HICKMAN, GREG PAK, DONNY CATES & JASON AARON
    Art by HUMBERTO RAMOS, JIM CHEUNG AND MORE
    Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
    ONE WILL UNITE THEM!
    A mysterious murder brings together the heroes of the Marvel Universe in the search for a killer - but no one can imagine where the trail will lead, or how it will affect everything in 2020 and beyond! Who is the victim and who is the assailant?
    The closing chapter to MARVEL’s 80th year, which will connect the dots of everything that happened in 2019 and propel the narrative into the year that is to come! Featuring the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil, Spider-Man, the Champions, the Agents of Atlas, Valkyrie, the Immortal Hulk, Jessica Jones, Venom, Ghost Rider, the Masked Raider and more!
    So that's probably what Jim was teasing on his IG. I'm kinda disappointed that it's not a YA-related book, BUT it also means that it's a teaser for a story to come, so that's exciting anyway! And with the ''One Will Unite Them'' line being brought up like this again, I'm expecting Teddy's story to be quite relevant. If that leads into a cosmic story, I'm hoping Billy is there just as a supporting character in the prequel and Teddy gets to do his cosmic thing on his own in a future book, 'cause it's really time for him to headline his own arc. Unless this turns out to be a teaser for a Young Avengers reunion, then I'm ok with both of them co-leading a new book. And why not both? If Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Iron Man and Captain America can have their solos and be in the main Avengers book at the same time, Billy and Teddy can be in two unrelated books as well. More power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Another rumor about the Young Avengers in the MCU:

https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/09...nt-for-disney/

This seems to line up with the other rumors that we've been reading about lately. The source of the rumor is Daniel Richtman, whom I don't know much about, but some people on Twitter seem to trust him, including Charles Murphy (the guy who broke the news about a gay lead on Eternals), so he may be trustworthy.
    Though note that the source doesn't seem certain about the branding (they mentioned Champions too). We only have two YAs and one Champion in the MCU so far, so it's a toss-up which name gets used. YA would make more sense if they're the majority of the team, of course.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't think Kamala would be a bad addition to the YA. In broad strokes, she fits the archetype of being a legacy character in a way that's deceiving. (Captain Marvel legacy, but she's actually an Inhuman)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though note that the source doesn't seem certain about the branding (they mentioned Champions too). We only have two YAs and one Champion in the MCU so far, so it's a toss-up which name gets used. YA would make more sense if they're the majority of the team, of course.
    Yeah, but keep in mind, this is the first rumor that actually mentions the Champions name. We've had at least 3 or 4 other rumors regarding the YA name being used in the MCU, so I'm more inclined to believe that's the name they're going for right now. I mean, even the video Daniel posted is titled just ''Young Avengers'' and only uses YA pictures.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-10-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Rumor is hailee steinfeld might be Kate in Hawkeye great news loved her in Bumblebee.

Hailee is a great choice for Kate and I've been pretty certain after Kate's addition into the MCU that we would eventually get a Young Avengers/Champions style team. I'd be happy with a Disney+ show with appearances in and potentially a full cinematic film. Again, I think each Disney+ show has the potential to tie to one of the Young Avengers + Kamala (because shes definitely going to be a part of the 'young' team). Kate and Kamala in their respective shows. Cassie just needs to be appear in the YA+ show or movie. A Patriot (Eli?) in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Billy and Tommy in WandaVision. Loki in Loki. etc.

On the comics side of things, its pretty obvious Teddy will feature to some capacity. I hope that Billy plays a part, but doesn't dominate - I'd like their relationship to take less of a focus and mainly used as feature for storytelling and not what everything revolves around. The images Cheung posted are likely from Incoming, hopefully they don't make the worst decision ever and decide to kill one of the boys - really looking forward to Teddy getting his time to shine, and outgrow the Hulkling moniker/association.

I just saw the Deathshead #3 preview and I don't care what anyone Says Tini's Billy is a hot mess and it's fun. This whole mini series has been nothing but fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just saw the Deathshead #3 preview and I don't care what anyone Says Tini's Billy is a hot mess and it's fun. This whole mini series has been nothing but fun to me.
    I love how she writes Billy and I can't wait to see her Billy in Strikeforce along side the likes of Monica, Jessica and Angela. I don't think he'll know what hit him.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast