Page 72 of 96 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1435
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Yikes, I do not want Rosenberg writing any characters I care about.
    Gotta agree with this. Haven't liked much of his Marvel work so far at all. On saying that, his Tales of Suspense was ok.

Howard's Strikeforce with Billy came out today. Billy comes over as a bit of a brat imo. I can't see him talking to some of these people the way he does. But, the book over all is pretty good.

Though the god awful Hellstrom re-design from Aaron's recent Avengers issue has returned. It actually makes me want to dump the book, I hate it that much.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I liked that the cast page called Billy the "dream child" of Wanda and Vision.
    It reminds me of that scene in New Avengers when Billy said that he was "their wish come true"

After all of these years of writers insulting Wanda and calling her crazy for imagining her sons into reality, it's just nice that Howard and Ewing have acknowledged the other side of that. That the twins were wanted and loved by both of their parents

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I think the original idea of Englehart is about “love conquers all problems” than “unrealistic goal achieved by unnatural means.”

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I love how many lines Billy got in the first issue. I was kind of afraid that he was gonna end up overshadowed with this cast of characters, but Tini made sure that he stood out, and I'm thankful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Vell gays united at last?
    Teddy and Phyla getting to meet each other is like the number one reason why I want Teddy to join the Guardians. Although it would be less exciting if it was the AU version and not his actual sis. With the revelation that 616 Moondragon is alive and possibly a roster change with the relaunch, hopefully they're planning on bringing the original pair back.

Y'all!! Billy was terrific in Strikeforce. I love the premise. I love the D&D vibes this Strikeforce is giving. I love the art. I love that he's being depicted as the youth but also not shying from speaking or participating. He doesn't seem intimidated by the other members. Yay Tini!

So the rumor is NYCC will reveal a new YA book and the twist is it'll merge the YA with the Core Champion members. This is the Eve Ewing rumored book.

My enthusiasm pretty much depends on which core Champions members

And with Teddy and Billy seemingly busy with their own things right now, I wonder which of the YA will get to stay on the team.
    For example I don't see Nadia and Cassie both coexisting on the team, or Rayshaun and Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    So the rumor is NYCC will reveal a new YA book and the twist is it'll merge the YA with the Core Champion members. This is the Eve Ewing rumored book.
    I’d rather see the lesser known champions on this team, then the core four.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

And with Teddy and Billy seemingly busy with their own things right now, I wonder which of the YA will get to stay on the team.
    For example I don't see Nadia and Cassie both coexisting on the team, or Rayshaun and Eli.
    Nadia and Cassie are friends now. i'd say that they are compatible. and i fully expect it to be more of an informal team book (maybe starring 2 separate teams).

Yeah, I don't think the Champions team are done at all, they got that wrong. The Incoming teaser promised a titanic divide. Maybe some of the 15 Champions members stick with that team, including Kamala, Miles and Sam, but others, such as Riri and Nadia, would move over to the YAs, who would need replacements for Wiccan (who's in Strikeforce) and Hulkling (who's probably in GOTG).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Maybe something like a Titans and Teen Titans split, Teenagers on one team and the Young Adults on the other?

Nothing says the guys have to be replaced. They can be on multiple teams. And I'd really hate a YA book without members as important as Billy and Teddy.

Billy, Teddy and Kate, are the core members of the YA, with that said I kind of feel it would be a double edge sword if 2 of 3 are indisposed. 1 it wouldn't really feel like YA without them. On the other hand them being gone could give Characters like Tommy and Eli a great opportunity to shine. Though if they just add Kamala, Miles, Ect and their constant attention hogging ways it would be for nothing. Tommy and Viv interacting would be cool. And I personally can't stand Amadeus so I don't want him anywhere near my favorite group.

I don't think Kamala, Miles, Sam or Amadeus would be involved. Viv's the only founder Champion that may defect. She's a like for like replacement for Jonas. Don't forget Amadeus has the Agents of Atlas, who will probably also be getting another run after the current mini ends (otherwise, why are they in Incoming?).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    The Bleeding Cool rumor doesn't say anything about the core members. It doesn't even sound 100% sure if the Champions will be involved, since they say some former members MAY join the new team. And then they only name Viv and Riri as characters being considered. It sounds more like Young Avengers with an extra something instead of a proper merger. And thank god for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Nadia has had plenty of spotlight ever since her creation; I'm ok with her taking a backseat so Cassie can do her thing now. And Eli absolutely trumps Rayshaun as a priority. He's been shelved for 7 years and after Marvel Comics #1000, there's absolutely no excuse to keep ignoring him.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Nothing says the guys have to be replaced. They can be on multiple teams. And I'd really hate a YA book without members as important as Billy and Teddy.
    Strikeforce is a pretty isolated book. So isolated that it didn't stop Blade from being on the main Avengers team, so yeah, there's no reason why Billy can't do double duty. Teddy going to space is not an excuse either; Black Panther had a long ass arc on space in his solo while he was with the Avengers on Earth in the group book. If anything, Billy and Teddy appearing in multiple books is what they deserve after being sidelined during Marvel's ''diversity era''. It's about time they get that push.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy, Teddy and Kate, are the core members of the YA, with that said I kind of feel it would be a double edge sword if 2 of 3 are indisposed. 1 it wouldn't really feel like YA without them. On the other hand them being gone could give Characters like Tommy and Eli a great opportunity to shine. Though if they just add Kamala, Miles, Ect and their constant attention hogging ways it would be for nothing. Tommy and Viv interacting would be cool. And I personally can't stand Amadeus so I don't want him anywhere near my favorite group.
    I would be ok with Billy and Teddy being on the team without being its focus while they are in other books. I think at least having them around is important just for interactions' sake and to give them a safety net in case the other books they're in get cancelled.

I really don't want Kamala and Miles to be a part of this, tbh. They have successful solo books they can rely on. Being on any team is just a bonus for their fans. There are other characters who need the team dynamic more.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-26-2019 at 07:54 PM.