Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Villain! She joined AIM. Volume 2 issue 3 (issue 4 is next week, so I don't know how long she'll be around for).

And by the way - you do know the Runaways and Young Avengers have met a few times already, therefore Billy, Teddy, Nico and Karolina all already know each other?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-22-2019 at 06:16 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Villain! She joined AIM. Volume 2 issue 3.
    Awwww, I am saddened, yet not surprised, yet not entirely devastated either.
    Jeanne always struck me as the most purely pragmatic Marvel youth in existence. And her allegiance is circumstantial and fluid.

Gawd I love that gal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Billy and Nico bonding over being insecure, super powerful, but also super clumsy witches dating bodacious blond space babes.
    Teddy and Karolina bonding over being alien orphans who fumbled their respective intergalactic duties/burdens and found love with magic messes.
    Lots of complicated parental baggage to go around too.

I wanna see them strolling together at a Carnival.
    Didn't we have this exact conversation before? lol. But yeah, I would die to see that. I imagine Nico and Billy looking at Karol and Teddy talking happily and being like "We don't deserve them"(on a "How did we manage to find those SAINTS to put up with our bullshit?" sense lol).
    Last edited by Wiccan; 01-22-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Didn't we have this exact conversation before? lol. But yeah, I would die to see that. I imagine Nico and Billy looking at Karol and Teddy talking happily and being like "We don't deserve them"(on a "How did we manage to find those SAINTS to put up with our bullshit?" sense lol).
    Its proof of how desperate we are for content. hahaha. Just endless recycling of our collective musings and day dreams. haha

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

And by the way - you do know the Runaways and Young Avengers have met a few times already, therefore Billy, Teddy, Nico and Karolina all already know each other?
    I think everyone knows that. It's just not clear if they kept in touch or even consider each other to be friends, so it'd be nice to get some new interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think everyone knows that. It's just not clear if they kept in touch or even consider each other to be friends, so it'd be nice to get some new interactions.
    Ha.
    Yes.
    Teddy "Hey remember that time we were abducted and I was dissected by that D-bag from the Cube, Karolina? That **** was bananas,eh? Oooh lets get nachos!"

I think the closest thing to evidence that the YA/Runaways keep in touch is Kate having Karolina's phone number on Jessica Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think the closest thing to evidence that the YA/Runaways keep in touch is Kate having Karolina's phone number on Jessica Jones.
    The Marvel Universe needs more of that. If they're not gonna share panel time, they ought to name drop more.
    Like when Power Man named dropped Billy during Mighty Avengers. Gave me life.

The Champions are apparently in contact with at least some of the Young Avengers too - when they needed to rescue Nova and Wasp from Weirdworld, Viv contacted some magic users. Nobody was available (Snowguard ended up summoning the patron who empowered her, who gave the team the means to access Weirdworld), but Wiccan was one of the magicians she contacted. He and Hulkling were out of the country. Rayshaun Lucas is in touch with Eli, as he granted him permission to use the Patriot codename. And Prodigy is on their reinforcements roster, supposedly recruited via The Forums - which Wiccan and Hulkling are known to be users of from the first mention of The Forums in Secret Warriors.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Awwww, I am saddened, yet not surprised, yet not entirely devastated either.
    Jeanne always struck me as the most purely pragmatic Marvel youth in existence. And her allegiance is circumstantial and fluid.

Gawd I love that gal.
    I hope that her villainous turn is as equally mercenary, and that she, practical as ever, will turn face the hot second it is to her advantage to do so...

"Wait! I thought you were on their side?"

"They were losing. I traded up. Unclench and punch faster."

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I hope that her villainous turn is as equally mercenary, and that she, practical as ever, will turn face the hot second it is to her advantage to do so...

"Wait! I thought you were on their side?"

"They were losing. I traded up. Unclench and punch faster."
    omg yes. 100%

Your dialogue is spot on.

So, there's a 4chan rumor going around saying that Wiccan and Viv Vision are going to be in the Vision & Scarlet Witch TV show, but I'm not buying it 'cause it really sounds like people are just taking existing rumors and whispers and giving their own spin to it. Plus, it's 4chan.

---

Anyway, just noticed something I never noticed before. In that very first panel, you can tell it's a guy wearing McKelvie's iconic Captain Marvel design and not Carol. I wonder if that was an easter-egg to Teddy becoming Captain Marvel in another AU?

You're right - Carol didn't cut her hair short until after Secret Wars. I'd guess that's supposed to be a genderbent version of her. A Carl Danvers?

You're right - Carol didn't cut her hair short until after Secret Wars. I'd guess that's supposed to be a genderbent version of her. A Carl Danvers?
    LOL, don't even go there. But yeah, it's obviously a guy there, not just because of the hair, but because of the body type. McKelvie drew the original image as well, so he would definitely know how to draw female Carol. He deliberately made it look different, so I'm assuming there was a reason behind it.