Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1435

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    "Marvel Studios has made the decision to move ahead with the third 'ANT-MAN' film. About 2 weeks ago, I was told it was expected to film Summer of 2021. Yesterday I found the hard evidence I was looking for: Pym Particles Productions III LLC was formed a little over a month ago."

https://twitter.com/PodcastMurphy/st...58490134642690

Attachment 88413
    Update: Ant-Man 3 officially announced, Peyton Reed is returning to direct.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...usive0-1251732

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Update: Ant-Man 3 officially announced, Peyton Reed is returning to direct.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...usive0-1251732
    I was already pretty much expecting it to happen anyway, but it's good to have a confirmation. And let us not forget that Charles Murphy, who first broke the news about the movie happening, also said he heard rumors about the Young Avengers in it. Even if he's not right about that, I'm still at least looking forward to see what Cassie's role is going to be. I'm hoping we get a flashback sequence showing us what she was up to in the 5 years after The Snap. I think it could be a great way to set her up as a hero in the present time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm hoping we get a flashback sequence showing us what she was up to in the 5 years after The Snap. I think it could be a great way to set her up as a hero in the present time.
    Yea having her mess around with pym particles and fill in for her Dad while he was gone would be a pretty neat flashback.

How old is current MCU Cassie? She looked to be in her 20's but she could've been late teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How old is current MCU Cassie? She looked to be in her 20's but she could've been late teens.
    She's definitely in her mid-teens. She was around 10/11 on Ant-Man And The Wasp, so with the time jump she'd be 15/16 in the present time. Considering AM3 is likely to come out in 2022, they can make the movie take place right after the events of Endgame, which were set in 2023, so Cassie wouldn't have to age at all ever since the last time we saw her and still be in the right age to become Stature/Stinger. Well, not EXACTLY the right age, since she became Stature at the age of 14 in the comics, but I don't think it's a big deal if she's a bit older in the MCU. She'd be the same age as the other members of the team were when they started in the comics.

The actress that played Teen Cassie (Emma Fuhrmann) is only 18. And she was 16/17 when they filmed Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The actress that played Teen Cassie (Emma Fuhrmann) is only 18. And she was 16/17 when they filmed Endgame.
    Wow, she looks older for her age .

I wasn't quite sure who that was supposed to be. Just from the art it looked more like a boy unless this was a younger Cassie (but Scott's in his modern costume) and if she's supposed to be Stinger it looks kind of off.
    It looks off because it's a new costume. We now have confirmation that that is Cassie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well there's a plot twist. Thought they were leaning away from Stinger with Marvel Comics #1000 but I guess it was more a homage to the original Young Avengers team more than anything? Very excited for the new book nonetheless!

edit: also was this changed to an ongoing? I thought it was called Ant-Man World Hive?
    Last edited by Stature; 11-04-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It looks off because it's a new costume. We now have confirmation that that is Cassie.
    I'm surprised they're still sticking with Stinger. Maybe they wanted to keep an "Ant-Man and Wasp" vibe.

If it's a redesign, it makes it look like Cassie is wearing normal pants with a Stinger top and boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good to know it's her. I'm not too crazy about the design right now; I liked the OG Stinger one better. But I think it'll grow on me. I wonder if this one will stick...

Here's a more detailed look at the design:

edit: also was this changed to an ongoing? I thought it was called Ant-Man World Hive?
    Yeah, the fact that they dropped the subtitle made me wonder if they decided to turn it into an ongoing. I hope so, 'cause it's been a while since we've had an Ant-Man ongoing book. I wish they had named it Ant-Man & Stinger, though, just because I think Cassie has earned to have her name in the title at this point (and because I'm still bitter that Nadia got to headline a title with Scott before Cassie ever did).
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-05-2019 at 12:27 AM.

I think World Hive was just the title of an arc. It's hardly the first time Marvel has advertised individual arcs.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Good to know it's her. I'm not too crazy about the design right now; I liked the OG Stinger one better. But I think it'll grow on me. I wonder if this one will stick...

Here's a more detailed look at the design:

The helmet looks too much like her dad's and I think the full purple bodysuit looks a lot better then the half purple, half black, look they have going on here.

Although if you took the helmet and wings off, it would basically be a Stature costume.
    Yeah, the fact that they dropped the subtitle made me wonder if they decided to turn it into an ongoing. I hope so, 'cause it's been a while since we've had an Ant-Man ongoing book. I wish they had named it Ant-Man & Stinger, though, just because I think Cassie has earned to have her name in the title at this point (and because I'm still bitter that Nadia got to headline a title with Scott before Cassie ever did).
    Considering it's an Ant-Man book, I think it'll be lucky to go past 6 issues.

AAM did 13 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    AAM did 13 issues.
    Yeah, but I don't know if a new series now could sustain enough sales to reach that point.