Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1435

So out of the original twins Thomas Is older than William?

The concept art for Kate looks 100% like Kate, so hopefully that translates well to the actual series .

Although I think the costume might carry over moreso then the visuals since it's obvious they just went with comic Kate for the physical features since they haven't cast anyone yet.

Also doesn't look like the hip holes are as wide as in the comics which is probably how they get away with it (if they keep it in the final costume).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The concept art for Kate looks 100% like Kate, so hopefully that translates well to the actual series .

Although I think the costume might carry over moreso then the visuals since it's obvious they just went with comic Kate for the physical features since they haven't cast anyone yet.

Also doesn't look like the hip holes are as wide as in the comics which is probably how they get away with it (if they keep it in the final costume).
    That's also why her hair is different in that second pic - it's based on a scene from Young Avengers Presents when Kate first met the resurrected Clint (Lucky wasn't there in the comic, of course) - and Kate didn't get the bangs cut into her hair until the Hawkeye series starring both Hawkeyes by Fraction started (which the other concept arts are based on).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I love that Coipel doesn't shy away from including a genitals on his tight-pants-wearing-heroes. If the ladies are going to have these inexplicably pronounced breasts beneath unreasonably vacuum sealed suits, then the guys can most certainly depict that there IS a dick in them trousers.
    If you're talking about the most recent Incoming! cover, that is actually Jorge Molina's art. But yeah, Coipel's great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yes, I guess? I've always wondered what exactly were the circumstances of Billy's and Tommy's births, though. As reincarnations, they weren't born from the same mother, but were they born on the same day, at the exact same time? Is it possible that one of them was born days, weeks or even months after the other? How exactly did the souls ''choose'' (assuming they chose anything) the Kaplans and the Shepherds as their new families? It's crazy how little we actually know about their exact origin and how little Marvel is interested in actually explaining it. It wast just like ''yeah, these two are Wanda's spiritual sons'' and everyone just went along with it without further details. I wish someone would write a definitive origin story for the two of them, going way back to when the original twins died and how they came to be the Billy and Tommy as we know today.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even though they probably did the arts without any actress in mind, I can't help but see a resemblance to Scarlett Johansson on the pic where she's suited up and a resemblance to Camila Mendes on the pic where they're with Lucky. LOL

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yes, he is born first after all and Thomas is the name intended for the first born kid.
    Also in Young Avengers Presents, Tommy Shepherd also thought he is the older brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yes, I guess? I've always wondered what exactly were the circumstances of Billy's and Tommy's births, though. As reincarnations, they weren't born from the same mother, but were they born on the same day, at the exact same time? Is it possible that one of them was born days, weeks or even months after the other? How exactly did the souls ''choose'' (assuming they chose anything) the Kaplans and the Shepherds as their new families? It's crazy how little we actually know about their exact origin and how little Marvel is interested in actually explaining it. It wast just like ''yeah, these two are Wanda's spiritual sons'' and everyone just went along with it without further details. I wish someone would write a definitive origin story for the two of them, going way back to when the original twins died and how they came to be the Billy and Tommy as we know today.
    I always thought... If Billy and Tommy look the same, even though they were born in different families, does that mean they take after Wanda rather than their biological parents?...

The original YAs appeared in History of the Marvel Universe #5, on the page showing the Siege event.

The team also gets mentioned in Runaways...
    spoilers:
    Gert says the rest of the Runaways are fighting so unusually well that it's like they've been possessed by the Young Avengers... high praise indeed!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-13-2019 at 07:49 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The original YAs appeared in History of the Marvel Universe #5, on the page showing the Siege event.

The team also gets mentioned in Runaways...
    spoilers:
    Gert says the rest of the Runaways are fighting so unusually well that it's like they've been possessed by the Young Avengers... high praise indeed!
    end of spoilers
    They popped up on the Civil War page too and Tommy and Billy got a mention when Scarlet Witch and Children's Crusade came up.

Kind of annoying considering that overall, the YA are more important to the overall Marvel Universe than the Runaways or Champions. Figure they should have gotten a page about their origins.

Yeah. It's obvious that the Champions will in issue #6, as Waid created that team, and the New Warriors did get half a page for their origin in issue #4. So why not the Young Avengers?

That was Avengers Disassembled, not Children's Crusade. They skipped over CC.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-13-2019 at 10:23 AM.

It's a shame YA is more Iconic then the Champions or Runaways could ever hope to be. Their team consist of a Legacy (Cassie), King of Space (Teddy) Underrated Black Excellence (Eli) A Princess with natural leader skills,(Kate) Technological Masterpiece (Vision) Rebel with a past and even brighter future (Tommy) Master of Time and Space (Nate/Kang/IronLad) and our future god and lifeforce of the universe who will one day have Franklin so shook he goes crying to invisible mommy!! (Billy)

Honestly we have to no choice but to Stan!!

I do think it's strange they got skipped over and that they should've been included. No reason to **** on the Runaways as if it's their fault or something.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Kind of annoying considering that overall, the YA are more important to the overall Marvel Universe than the Runaways or Champions. Figure they should have gotten a page about their origins.
    I think it's probably a function of the YA all having pretty disconnected origin stories, and the original Heinberg run being ultimately just one element of the larger arc of the Scarlet Witch in the modern era, more than it's own stand-alone thing.

Yeah... I can see Cassie getting mentioned on her own, when she becomes Stinger - especially if MC2 is shown next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The King and his God!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I always thought... If Billy and Tommy look the same, even though they were born in different families, does that mean they take after Wanda rather than their biological parents?...
    I think it's kinda like the reincarnation trope usually seen in romance stories where the reincarnation looks exactly/ mostly like the original version even though the reincarnation may only share the soul of the OG version.