Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1435
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Side note Billy was drinking Wine in Strikeforce today so either he's 21 or he just doesn't give a ****!!
    I mean, the Young Avengers haven't been giving a **** about the law for a while now. Let's not forget that they recruited Tommy by breaking him out of juvie, and didn't have to face any consequences for that at all.

Also, thanks for reminding me of Strikeforce. I will read it when I have the time.

So, Billy didn't do much on Strikeforce #4. Honestly, I don't think this is a bad book... but I wish I was more excited about it. I liked Death's Head because it offered some personal development for Billy (and Teddy). And in Strikeforce he's just... there. And I feel he's only there because Tini likes him. Like, you could swap him for any other mage and it wouldn't make much of a difference, you know? Maybe that will change in future issues, but that's the way I'm feeling right now. I hope something more exciting is coming for him spinning off of Incoming!.

Speaking of which, more Cheung art:

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, Billy didn't do much on Strikeforce #4. Honestly, I don't think this is a bad book... but I wish I was more excited about it. I liked Death's Head because it offered some personal development for Billy (and Teddy). And in Strikeforce he's just... there. And I feel he's only there because Tini likes him. Like, you could swap him for any other mage and it wouldn't make much of a difference, you know? Maybe that will change in future issues, but that's the way I'm feeling right now. I hope something more exciting is coming for him spinning off of Incoming!.

Speaking of which, more Cheung art:

Billy is there to serve personality, Gay Panic, Presence, and promote the fact he's engaged to a superhero who will be king of space!! We Love to See It!!

Side note about Incoming y'all I've been thinking and I can't think of a single character death that would really affect Teddy other then Billy, and The Demiurge is not going anywhere! So what are y'all theories on this murder mystery? Who the **** could have possibly died to get Teddy off his couch?
    Last edited by Journey; 12-12-2019 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Side note about Incoming y'all I've been thinking and I can't think of a single character death that would really affect Teddy other then Billy, and The Demiurge is not going anywhere! So what are y'all theories on this murder mystery? Who the **** could have possibly died to get Teddy off his couch?
    We don't know if the death will directly affect Teddy, though. Not everything on the one-shot seems to revolve around the death, like the Champions story that sets up Outlawed. It's possible Billy and Teddy's portion of the story is also setting up something else. And even if they're involved in the murder mystery, it doesn't mean their involvement has to mean one of them is dying. Maybe it's something related to the Kree/Skrulls, which would justify Teddy being there.

I mean, the Young Avengers haven't been giving a **** about the law for a while now. Let's not forget that they recruited Tommy by breaking him out of juvie, and didn't have to face any consequences for that at all.

Also, thanks for reminding me of Strikeforce. I will read it when I have the time.
    Cassie's also guilty of breaking and entering - needed to be rescued by her Dad, who took the blame (it's the reason he was in jail in most of Spencer's Astonishing Ant-Man run).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cassie's also guilty of breaking and entering - needed to be rescued by her Dad, who took the blame (it's the reason he was in jail in most of Spencer's Astonishing Ant-Man run).
    Yeah, Cassie's the Young Avenger most likely to be impacted by the law, so I'm curious how/where they'll handle it.

Well, if the new Ant-Man book gets a second arc, that's the obvious place. The other option is if Unstoppable Wasp gets a third volume. Now that Cassie and Nadia are friends, there's a decent chance she'd be added to the cast.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, if the new Ant-Man book gets a second arc, that's the obvious place. The other option is if Unstoppable Wasp gets a third volume. Now that Cassie and Nadia are friends, there's a decent chance she'd be added to the cast.
    The solicitations have confirmed the new Ant-Man book is just a mini, so I don't think this will be explored there. Alanna Smith said we should expect more announcements spinning off of Outlawed, so my guess is that if Cassie is going to be involved, it's going to be in a new, to be announced book.

I expect Nadia's status will be shown in Champions, especially since she's a public hero.
    The solicitations have confirmed the new Ant-Man book is just a mini, so I don't think this will be explored there. Alanna Smith said we should expect more announcements spinning off of Outlawed, so my guess is that if Cassie is going to be involved, it's going to be in a new, to be announced book.
    It would be kind of hilarious to see them bring in more teen hero books just when it becomes illegal to be a teen hero .

It wouldn't really be more though. Four new books would just be replacements for Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl, Future Foundation (which itself replaced Wasp) and Ironheart.

So this Empyre thing... could be what Teddy's story in Incoming! is about, right? I mean, Kree/Skrull Empire and all that. A big cosmic event about Teddy uniting both and creating one singular empire has a lot of potential.

EDIT - Quoting what I said on the other thread:

After close analysis, it definitely sounds like Cebulski's first censored sentence is ''It'll star the Avengers and the Fantastic Four against the Kree and the Skrulls''. Just watch the video again with those words in mind and you'll see; it fits perfectly with his mouth/face movements. I think this is gonna be Kree-Skrull War II, and yeah, most likely it'll tie in to Hulkling's story from Incoming!. I also think the second writer he mentions is Dan Slott, which makes sense, as he is the current writer of FF.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-13-2019 at 06:07 AM.

All but confirmed by History of the Marvel Universe:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...aled-spoilers/
    spoilers:
    "The interstellar reign of the half-breed".
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Oh this has me worried what they're going to do with Teddy and Billy...

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Why would you worry? If anything Billy will either be married to Teddy as King Consort, or he'll be the Demiurge an all knowing, limitlessly powerful, probably immortal god I wouldn't stress.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I was genuinely not expecting to be spoiled so early. Well, I guess not that early, since Incoming! is coming out next week. Either way, this just got me a lot more excited for the one-shot. So much potential. So many possibilities. Teddy's time has finally come!

Also, looks like he's about to get a new royal-like look, with a cape and everything. Really curious to see how it's going to look like with a cleaner art.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I'm actually not that worried right now. I think it just probably means they're going to have some stories apart from each other, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Plus, with these two specifically, it's super easy to come up with an excuse for them to be together. Billy can easily teleport to space whenever Teddy needs him, and Teddy can easily sneak off to Earth and leave some trusted Skrull (and just saying: now would be the time to bring Xavin back) impersonating him if they want to use him in other books that would require him being on Earth. Black Panther had an entire arc in space while he was being used on Earth on the main Avengers title, and that was done without any explanation at all, so I think there's no reason why Billy and Teddy's relationship should be damaged because of Teddy having cosmic responsibilities. Editorial just needs to be creative.