Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

THE AIR IN MY LUNGS GOT TRAPPED IN MY THROAT when I saw this article this morning.

omg pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Ok, so I haven't read the WCA issue yet, but did something actually happen to suggest this? 'Cause that entire article just sounded like a huge wishful thinking to me, as much as I want it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Ok, so I haven't read the WCA issue yet, but did something actually happen to suggest this? 'Cause that entire article just sounded like a huge wishful thinking to me, as much as I want it to be true.
    I DO read WCA and I do not recall any implication. I mean, c'mon, I would've bum rushed this damn thread if Kate name dropped the boys, right?
    Noh Varr IS asking for help with something but we haven't really been told what that something IS.

I suppose I could tweet Kelly and ask if the article has any validity in its claims?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, nothing really about the issue teases a Young Avengers reunion, other than Noh-Varr (and he wasn't even an original Young Avenger) coming back. The article is very much just "Kate is having trouble because her team is inexperienced so I think this mean's she'll contact her Young Avengers friends and get them back."

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, nothing in that article amounted to more than speculation. Does anybody else remember when Comic Book Resources actually had decent articles? More than just TV/Film reviews, listicles, and the occasional headline spoiling a major comics story the day before it comes out? I think I do, but it's been a long time. I miss Jonah.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Also: IS THERE even a Skrull invasion on the horizon? Or is it just that Marvel is putting a book out about a Skrull family?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Also: IS THERE even a Skrull invasion on the horizon? Or is it just that Marvel is putting a book out about a Skrull family?
    The Captain Marvel movie is coming out pretty soon so if they were doing a major Skrull event you'd think we would have heard of it by now, but we're still in the middle of the War of the Realms and by the time that's over Avengers Endgame will be in theatres

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Captain Marvel movie is coming out pretty soon so if they were doing a major Skrull event you'd think we would have heard of it by now, but we're still in the middle of the War of the Realms and by the time that's over Avengers Endgame will be in theatres
    Further popping holes in the article's suspicion is Kate's inclusion within the War of Realms event. I mean, I don't know how long it lasts but...

Miles is in that Journey Into Mystery book too, which looks likely to lock him out of two issues of Champions. Is it not possible that the WCA > YA changeover would happen in July, with it being set after WOTR? I think that's also when Duggan's (New?) Avengers book will launch. No Road Home is before WOTR, and if most of that team carries over to Duggan's book, then Clint will be off the WCA, leaving just the teens. Then Kate calls in more reinforcements (Hulkling, Wiccan, and Stinger?), and there's your retool to justify the rebranding.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

We are in desperate need of an official teaser/announcement, 'cause I'm not even sure if I trust in-story teases anymore after that last issue of New Avengers (so cruel, Marvel...). I almost wish Cebulski hadn't said what he said at NYCC, 'cause now I'm so damn impatient waiting for news to drop.

Well, the book is about a Skrull family planning an invasion, so both? Although we don't know what the extent of this invasion will be. Something tells me it's not going to be as huge as Secret Invasion, but who knows? Speaking of Meet The Skrulls, I would actually love for Teddy to show up there. I wonder how the family feels about THE heir of the Skrull Royal Family being on Earth too. Do they have some sort of admiration for him and would see him as a valuable asset, or do they despise him for being raised outside of their Skrull ideology? Could be an interesting plot point to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Miles is in that Journey Into Mystery book too, which looks likely to lock him out of two issues of Champions. Is it not possible that the WCA > YA changeover would happen in July, with it being set after WOTR? I think that's also when Duggan's (New?) Avengers book will launch. No Road Home is before WOTR, and if most of that team carries over to Duggan's book, then Clint will be off the WCA, leaving just the teens. Then Kate calls in more reinforcements (Hulkling, Wiccan, and Stinger?), and there's your retool to justify the rebranding.
    I would love it. I would love it so much. And Kelly is such a tremendous writer, I'd be very interested to see which directions she would take our long shelved-boys + Kate & crew.

I love Kelly's writing on A-Force, Captain Marvel and JJ, but judging from WCA, she would most likely make YA a stealth Kate solo and...No. And If it's literally a WCA rebranding? Then it's pretty much guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I love Kelly's writing on A-Force, Captain Marvel and JJ, but judging from WCA, she would most likely make YA a stealth Kate solo and...No. And If it's literally a WCA rebranding? Then it's pretty much guaranteed.
    I dunno. WCA is a very clear extension OF the Kate solo, and Kate is the leader so it makes sense that she would get a lot of spotlight, just as with any team book, the leader tends to get a bunch of panel time. And of course there are multiple narratives FROM the Kate Solo bleeding into WCA (Madam Masque, Kate's parental situation, the blossoming friendships and romances, etc)

If the book DID "conclude" and Kelly DOES helm a YA relaunch and the premise DID involve her needing her old teammates yadda yadda as the article speculated, these characters are too big to second fiddle them.

Okay so this is all just wishful thinking and maybe some fanboy hand waving because I want it all so badly, so ....I'm not arguing. Just eager to discuss. hahah.
    Kelly DID talk about wanting to use Billy and Teddy but that the book would feel to Young Avenger Redux, so.... again, the article is probably just more of what I'm doing: fanboy hand waving. haha

I dunno. WCA is a very clear extension OF the Kate solo, and Kate is the leader so it makes sense that she would get a lot of spotlight, just as with any team book, the leader tends to get a bunch of panel time. And of course there are multiple narratives FROM the Kate Solo bleeding into WCA (Madam Masque, Kate's parental situation, the blossoming friendships and romances, etc)

If the book DID "conclude" and Kelly DOES helm a YA relaunch and the premise DID involve her needing her old teammates yadda yadda as the article speculated, these characters are too big to second fiddle them.

Okay so this is all just wishful thinking and maybe some fanboy hand waving because I want it all so badly, so ....I'm not arguing. Just eager to discuss. hahah.
    Kelly DID talk about wanting to use Billy and Teddy but that the book would feel to Young Avenger Redux, so.... again, the article is probably just more of what I'm doing: fanboy hand waving. haha
    Unfortunately, the thirst for YA and Billy made me go "After waiting for so long, everything better be perfect" instead of "Yes!!! I'll take anything!!!" when it comes to a possible relaunch or something lol.

I don't really think the old YA are "too big to be second fiddle". Like, at all. If Marvel thought that, the last run wouldn't have been 5 years ago. The only YA members that Marvel editorial cares about are Kate and America, this should be obvious by now. I think it's definetely possible that they're gonna relaunch WCA as YA because it's not selling well but they like Kelly's Kate and YA it's a more popular brand.

If they do rebrand WCA to YA and if they add the old cast to WCA's current roster, then for all that is holy please remove Quinten Quire from the book. The last thing I want is for that piece of trash to become a Young Avenger.
    On the other hand, I'd love to see Billy and Gwen interact. It'd be funny to see them bond over the times they walked over the 'panels' of the 616 reality.
    #EmmaWasRight