Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1435

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Editorial just needs to be creative.
    That's why I'm worried. I don't trust them to be.

Had Future Foundation not been cancelled, Ms America was due to be a guest teacher for them, giving them a lesson about dimensions.
    https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1207354856199069702
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Oh this has me worried what they're going to do with Teddy and Billy...
    Space King Arthur needs a Guinevere to be interesting...
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I just don't understand how a character with the power to wish for literally anything he can think off. Will have problems keeping in contact with his space king fiance. Even more stupid when you realize that in the future he's described as an omnipotent god.

Hopefully not even Marvel editorial could fuck up something so simple...

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Space King Arthur needs a Guinevere to be interesting...
    Watch them try and give Teddy a female love interest.

Side note I know Teddy is a skrull Prince, but I thought as far as Kree go he was just meant to join their military? The skulls have been fucked sideways for years in desperate need of guidance so that makes sense. I'm just a little confused as to how he could end up leading the Kree don't they have active leadership?
    Last edited by Journey; 12-18-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Just checked the Marvel Database wiki. The Kree Empire page says their leader is the Supreme Intelligence, but his page says he died in a GOTG issue four years ago. So no, apparently they DON'T have a leader!
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Supre...ce_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just don't understand how a character with the power to wish for literally anything he can think off. Will have problems keeping in contact with his space king fiance. Even more stupid when you realize that in the future he's described as an omnipotent god.

Hopefully not even Marvel editorial could fuck up something so simple...
    In Strikeforce Billy's magic currently seems a lot more limited. He can't teleport without waiting a little inbetween each casting, so keeping in contact across interstellar distances might be tougher

Side note I know Teddy is a skrull Prince, but I thought as far as Kree go he was just meant to join their military? The skulls have been fucked sideways for years in desperate need of guidance so that makes sense. I'm just a little confused as to how he could end up leading the Kree don't they have active leadership?
    The Kree are currently in the middle of a civil war. Noh-Varr helped rebirth the Supreme Intelligence by combining it with Plex, the resulting Plex Intelligence is more peaceful. And then there's the more militaristic factions, like the one that created Vox to weaponize and wipe out the Inhumans.

So Teddy could probably be put in charge of a faction, or even some of the Kree refugees that have been showing up Carol's book and create a new faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Had Future Foundation not been cancelled, Ms America was due to be a guest teacher for them, giving them a lesson about dimensions.
    https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1207354856199069702
    Not surprised Whitley would have brought her in.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I very much doubt this would happen. At worst, they're going with the arranged marriage trope and Teddy being pressured into marrying some alien princess for diplomatic reasons, but he will inevitably end up not going through with it for obvious reasons.

My thinking is that the Kree and Skrull empires won't exist as we know them anymore. If Teddy is uniting both, he may be creating a whole new empire itself that works in a different way and has a completely different leadership, allowing him to step in as ruler of both races.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    In Strikeforce Billy's magic currently seems a lot more limited. He can't teleport without waiting a little inbetween each casting, so keeping in contact across interstellar distances might be tougher.
    Ugh don't remind me giving Billy all these debuffs is literally the worst thing about Strikeforce. Especially coming off of New Avengers where he was at his best as far as control, and capabilities. I blame it on the simple fact that the cast is jacked with powerhouses and they need restrictions for the book continue and try not to give it too much thought but Tini definitely needs to reign back on gassing out my boy after 2 spells completely unacceptable!!

In Strikeforce Billy's magic currently seems a lot more limited. He can't teleport without waiting a little inbetween each casting, so keeping in contact across interstellar distances might be tougher
    Seeing as how teleportation didn't appear to exhaust him previously, I have to wonder if in Strikeforce its to do with the number of people he's teleporting (taxing to do so many at once and so frequently) or the stacking of magic use (lots of big magic stuff exhausting him, thereby negating teleportation due to becoming weak from the other spells etc)
    Granted, we're talking about different creative teams and applying limitations for narrative so...who knows.
    But my headcannon for now is: He's tuckered out and doesn't typically 'port this many folks at once, and in such quick succession.
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-18-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Seeing as how teleportation didn't appear to exhaust him previously, I have to wonder if in Strikeforce its to do with the number of people he's teleporting (taxing to do so many at once and so frequently) or the stacking of magic use (lots of big magic stuff exhausting him, thereby negating teleportation due to becoming weak from the other spells etc)
    Granted, we're talking about different creative teams and applying limitations for narrative so...who knows.
    But my headcannon for now is: He's tuckered out and doesn't typically 'port this many folks at once, and in such quick succession.
    Billy has a history of teleporting large groups of people, though, specially during his Young Avengers days, and ''running out of magic'' was never a problem back then. I think it's clear Tini is just conveniently nerfing him to fit the story. I won't even try to make sense of it because I'm sure future writers will ignore it and make his powers work in whatever way they need...

---

Going back to History Of The Marvel Universe, there was a page in which you could see some of the Young Avengers, and I love how close Eli and America are. I think this is the first time we've seen them together on-page. I can't wait to see them formally meeting each other in a story.

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-18-2019 at 01:43 PM.

In Tini's Death's Head mini, Teddy said that Billy had to pay a toll for magic now, every time he casts a spell. And he didn't have those costs when he was younger because he was younger

In Tini's Death's Head mini, Teddy said that Billy had to pay a toll for magic now, every time he casts a spell. And he didn't have those costs when he was younger because he was younger
    Considering he's about the same age he was in Ewing's New Avengers and he was doing loads more in that book I don't really feel that's a good excuse.

Frankly I'm sick of all this spell shit/magical source to pull from crap anyway my boy is a mutant as far as I'm concerned an omega level at that until proven otherwise. Tini just needs him, Daimon, and Monica nerfed down to a certain degree so she writes it as such without giving concrete reasons as to why. I'm okay with it for now but fact of the matter is she needs to reign that in a bit.
    Last edited by Journey; 12-18-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Tini did a lot of retconning that didn't make sense. And that future writers will hopefully throw out.