Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1435
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    In Tini's Death's Head mini, Teddy said that Billy had to pay a toll for magic now, every time he casts a spell. And he didn't have those costs when he was younger because he was younger
    That's a good point, but Tini never actually explained what were these costs. She also never explained Teddy's comment implying Billy's powers are from a different dimension (?) or something like that. And on Strikeforce, she never brought up any of the stuff from Death's Head as an explanation for what was happening with Billy's powers; she just said he was tired. I guess we'll have to see what kind of stories Billy will have in Strikeforce, because right now I'm not convinced there is an actual story behind what's happening with his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Tini did a lot of retconning that didn't make sense. And that future writers will hopefully throw out.
    I hope writers don't throw out certain things. I will say Billy has never had as much personality as he does under Tini I really hope that transfers over in the future, because sarcastic, lowkey bitch Billy gives me life.

Literally the only retcon I've ever hated for Billy was when Ewing said he was a lapsed Jew I choose to ignore that BS, he's Jewish end of story.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Billy is nerfed af in Strikeforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's a good point, but Tini never actually explained what were these costs. She also never explained Teddy's comment implying Billy's powers are from a different dimension (?) or something like that. And on Strikeforce, she never brought up any of the stuff from Death's Head as an explanation for what was happening with Billy's powers; she just said he was tired. I guess we'll have to see what kind of stories Billy will have in Strikeforce, because right now I'm not convinced there is an actual story behind what's happening with his powers.
    I really think this is all gonna lead back to Billy and Tommy's souls coming from Mephisto. It might even go a step further and leads into the Fate of Mephisto teased in Marvel's grand History final issue!

Also everyone to be fair to Tini we are only 4 issues in She might have spectacular plans for are Demiurge! Hell she's always got him talking about the fact that he is the Demiurge.
    Last edited by Journey; 12-18-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    In Strikeforce #2 when Billy was tapped out he said that he felt like he was "wishing from nothing" when he tried to use magic

And with all of the videogame references he's been making I think that Tini wants to give Billy a mana bar of sorts, he has a certain amount of magical energy stored within him that he can use as the cost for these spells. But once he's used up all of his spell slots then he's running on empty until he gets a chance to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I hope writers don't throw out certain things. I will say Billy has never had as much personality as he does under Tini I really hope that transfers over in the future, because sarcastic, lowkey bitch Billy gives me life.

Literally the only retcon I've ever hated for Billy was when Ewing said he was a lapsed Jew I choose to ignore that BS, he's Jewish end of story.
    I could do without the "can't figure out how to do his own laundry" and "mysterious falling out with Tommy and all other heroes" nonsense. He was fine in War Scrolls, let's go back to that Billy and Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I could do without the "can't figure out how to do his own laundry" and "mysterious falling out with Tommy and all other heroes" nonsense. He was fine in War Scrolls, let's go back to that Billy and Teddy.
    I agree with this statement War Scrolls was a great portrayal of Billy, he had gone back to his Jewish roots, stil had the whole kind of goth emo thing but still had some shine to him.

If I had magical powers hell I wouldn't do my fucking laundry. Hell the boy didn't even shower or brush his teeth in War Scrolls he just pulled a sailor moon and magically took care of all that. So I wouldn't put it past him not to know how to do laundry. And the Tommy thing for sure needs to be addressed because like WTF.

I really think this is all gonna lead back to Billy and Tommy's souls coming from Mephisto. It might even go a step further and leads into the Fate of Mephisto teased in Marvel's grand History final issue!
    I wish. I've been waiting for a Billy/Tommy/Mephisto story for ages, but it never comes. And with Billy being ignored from most major magic events/books, I pretty much gave up hope. Then again, I also thought they were going to sleep on Teddy and his cosmic story, and they decided to deliver, so who knows... maybe there is hope, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    In Strikeforce #2 when Billy was tapped out he said that he felt like he was "wishing from nothing" when he tried to use magic

And with all of the videogame references he's been making I think that Tini wants to give Billy a mana bar of sorts, he has a certain amount of magical energy stored within him that he can use as the cost for these spells. But once he's used up all of his spell slots then he's running on empty until he gets a chance to recover.
    Yeah, I can see her taking this approach. I'm not sure if it's something that's going to stick with other writers, though. Billy's powers are way too dynamic to be put in a box, and I think sooner or later someone will come along and write him in a way that's more similar to how Allan, Kieron or Al did.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Billy is nerfed af in Strikeforce.
    He is, but he kind of has to be, from a narrative standpoint. If he's a wishing well that never runs out of juice, the story pretty much only exists until someone thinks of asking Billy to make it go away, and everybody gets a free pony and lots of candy.

I wonder if there is some sort of connection to his power source, and that of Franklin Richards (both of whom are tangled up in Mephisto, in different ways, with Franklin's shattering of Mephisto's soul being the ultimate genesis of Billy's 'creation'), who also serves as a sort of Demiurge, creating entire worlds and universes with the power he contains. If Billy's power is a reflection of Franklin's, and Franklin has recently drained it down by creating all sorts of universes to replace those destroyed in the incursions or whatever, then perhaps Billy is feeling the drain, even if he doesn't understand where all the 'wishing power went.'

There's also the longer term consequences. If Billy's power as Demiurge is meant to create new worlds tomorrow, then the bigger stuff he does with it today could be seen as robbing future worlds of potential. (Small stuff shouldn't matter, since it's kind of trivial, but big world-changing stuff could be tapping a finite pool of 'creation energy' that is earmarked for future world-creation.)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-18-2019 at 04:54 PM.

I doubt people at Marvel even know/remember/understand that Billy is supposed to have a connection to Mephisto.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I doubt people at Marvel even know/remember/understand that Billy is supposed to have a connection to Mephisto.
    You might be right other then in YA Presents and In Volume 2 when there was an alternative Mephisto Version of Billy when they raided Mother's universe, I can't think of it even being alluded too.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Watch them try and give Teddy a female love interest.

Side note I know Teddy is a skrull Prince, but I thought as far as Kree go he was just meant to join their military? The skulls have been fucked sideways for years in desperate need of guidance so that makes sense. I'm just a little confused as to how he could end up leading the Kree don't they have active leadership?
    Not what I meant, haha.

I just expect a Camelot story, which means Billy cheats.

Given Noh-Varr appears to be present, Space King Arthur Teddy, his good friend Lanceloh-Varr and GuiniBilly will fit those roles.

Supremor as Merlin to round out the main players and boom, space drama right out of Chaucer
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Given Noh-Varr appears to be present, Space King Arthur Teddy, his good friend Lanceloh-Varr and GuiniBilly will fit those roles.
    Billy: I thought it was you shape-shifted as Noh-Varr and we were just roleplaying!!!!

Incredible Member

That reminds me, has anyone ever read the fan comic that takes place in the House of M universe where Billy has to marry Teddy is a Prince who has Noh-Varr and Xavin as his companions.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 12-18-2019 at 09:32 PM.

You might be right other then in YA Presents and In Volume 2 when there was an alternative Mephisto Version of Billy when they raided Mother's universe, I can't think of it even being alluded too.
    Wait, what? I don't remember that. Do you have any pictures?

And Young Avengers Presents was so good. It was really the first and only book to actually give any depth to the connection between Billy and Mephisto. I remember that it was said that Billy had nightmares about Mephisto being his ''real daddy'' and it was so creepy and cool. And of course, their interaction with Master Pandemonium on the same issue. Too bad no one wrote a follow-up to that particular storyline. I kinda wish Marvel would give us a YA Presents Vol. 2, with one-shots exploring what's going on in the lives of the members now that they are a bit older. Like, one issue with Eli and his college life, one issue with Teddy doing cosmic stuff, one issue with Billy and Tommy hanging out with Wanda and Vision, etc. It's the least they can do if we're not getting a new ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Not what I meant, haha.

I just expect a Camelot story, which means Billy cheats.

Supremor as Merlin to round out the main players and boom, space drama right out of Chaucer
    God forbid. I like Noh-Varr and I want him to be a part of Teddy's story, but not like that. I don't even think it's necessary for Billy to be a permanent companion to their cosmic adventures, honestly. He can be the occasional guest star, but the whole Knights Of The Infinite should be for Teddy what Strikeforce is for Billy right now: a chance for him to be a hero of his own without being attached to his fiance.