Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1435

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Wait, what? I don't remember that. Do you have any pictures?

Looks like Mephisto's son to me... Edit I cant get the image to appear it's like in the 80th page of Volume 2
    Last edited by Journey; 12-19-2019 at 08:14 AM.

My quick takes

Camelot stuff: The parallels have already been drawn with the sword, the knights and the destiny. Applying surrogates for Lancelot, Guenivere, etc. isn't necessary. This impending space opera need not mirror every detail of the already established homage.

War Scrolls vs. Death's Head: My heart swelled with War Scrolls and sank with Death's Head. I loved snappy, assertive, pop culture, soft goth Billy. Insecure, edge lord, screw up Billy was most definitely not my jam. Thus far, I'm enjoying Strikeforce Billy but I can't help wondering if Peralta's art is a big part of that.

Nerfing: I love what Sutekh was saying about a connection to Franklin as another "Demiurge" level reality warper and the Mephisto stuff.

Lapsed Jew: I interpreted that bit as a soft/silly explanation for why Billy wasn't doing, mentioning, acting(?) overtly Jewish. Like, it was the writers way of addressing "Yes Billy is Jewish" paired with the very minor subplot of Billy's code name dispute "Wiccan" and the religious implications there.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Wait, what? I don't remember that. Do you have any pictures?

And Young Avengers Presents was so good. It was really the first and only book to actually give any depth to the connection between Billy and Mephisto. I remember that it was said that Billy had nightmares about Mephisto being his ''real daddy'' and it was so creepy and cool. And of course, their interaction with Master Pandemonium on the same issue. Too bad no one wrote a follow-up to that particular storyline. I kinda wish Marvel would give us a YA Presents Vol. 2, with one-shots exploring what's going on in the lives of the members now that they are a bit older. Like, one issue with Eli and his college life, one issue with Teddy doing cosmic stuff, one issue with Billy and Tommy hanging out with Wanda and Vision, etc. It's the least they can do if we're not getting a new ongoing.

God forbid. I like Noh-Varr and I want him to be a part of Teddy's story, but not like that. I don't even think it's necessary for Billy to be a permanent companion to their cosmic adventures, honestly. He can be the occasional guest star, but the whole Knights Of The Infinite should be for Teddy what Strikeforce is for Billy right now: a chance for him to be a hero of his own without being attached to his fiance.
    Yeah, but Strikeforce is bad, so I just want to get Billy out of there, and this is from someone who has said over and over they need time, or at least adventures, apart to grow
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Speed and Hawkeye on an Outlawed cover - Young Avengers involvement confirmed!

Also, a Young Avengers #11 reprint is solicited, as part of an Empyre themed True Believers set of re-releases.

https://www.newsarama.com/48336-marv...citations.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Shouldn't Kate be in her early twenties by this point? I guess she's getting de-aged for the sake of storyline and to make her closer in age to the upcoming live action counterpart.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The law affects anyone 21 or under. Kate's just under that line.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Shouldn't Kate be in her early twenties by this point? I guess she's getting de-aged for the sake of storyline and to make her closer in age to the upcoming live action counterpart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The law affects anyone 21 or under. Kate's just under that line.
    They also said it would effect some older heroes, so if Kate's still just 21 she might be impacted along with the other Young Avengers.

So if Kate is still 21 then that means we're to believe Volume 2, New Avengers, Hawkeye, Civil War 2, Deathshead, West Coast Avengers, and Strikeforce have all happened in the same year???.....

Meaning Billy, Tommy, and Teddy are still 18... Okay....

That aside TOMMY APPEARANCE WOOOO!!!!

It does match Runaways saying only two years have passed since they first got together... though I agree it ought to be four.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So if Kate is still 21 then that means we're to believe Volume 2, New Avengers, Hawkeye, Civil War 2, Deathshead, West Coast Avengers, and Strikeforce have all happened in the same year???.....

Meaning Billy, Tommy, and Teddy are still 18... Okay....

That aside TOMMY APPEARANCE WOOOO!!!!
    Sliding timescale at it's finest .

I never liked Kate being 21 to begin with. But whatever, it was always only a matter of time before the sliding timescale caught back up with her.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

While I appreciate the Speed crumbs, I don't think that Outlawed cover really confirms anything. Characters often are thrown in covers just for the heck of it, so we don't know if they're appearing in the book itself. The fact that they were put on the cover definitely hints at the possibility they may be affected by the law, but even if they are, we don't know exactly how, 'cause the image doesn't say anything about their ages. Like I said before, I could see it going both ways: Marvel will either say the YA are 21 (with the exception of Cassie) or they're under 21 depending on how much they want them involved in this event. I prefer if they stick with the accurate sliding timescale age for them (4 years ever since their debut), but who knows what they're going to do.

When it's all said and done, I'm curious to see what ages will be established for all young characters and if they're going to retcon some ages for narrative's sake. Bold of Marvel to do an event like that when their timeline is so freaking messy. Good luck to Eve Ewing while she tries to make sense of it all. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also, a Young Avengers #11 reprint is solicited, as part of an Empyre themed True Believers set of re-releases.

https://www.newsarama.com/48336-marv...citations.html
    They're also reprinting Avengers and Fantastic Four issues focused on Mar-Vell and Anelle, respectively, which definitely hints that Teddy's backstory is going to be explored in the upcoming event. I wonder how that's gonna impact Road To Empyre; since it's a retelling of the Kree/Skrull War, but we never had the Mar-Vell/Anelle romance during the original story. I'm interested to see how they'll adjust the story to explain that. I would love to get more context about Mar and Anelle's relationship, as well as more content explaining what happened to Anelle after she got pregnant (how she hid her pregnancy, her relationship with Teddy's adoptive mom, etc). A proper explanation about how many years ago exactly the War took place and why Teddy is apparently older than that would also be appreciated. Also, bonus point if we get a cute panel with baby Teddy. :3

I love these covers!

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-19-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Fun fact:

https://twitter.com/bc_leecomics/sta...28546279350272

I love this. It makes the upcoming Empyre story even more symbolic. I really hope Teddy gets to meet his family somehow.

remember when Captain America fought for the rights of young vigilante to not be restricted?

Fun fact:

https://twitter.com/bc_leecomics/sta...28546279350272

I love this. It makes the upcoming Empyre story even more symbolic. I really hope Teddy gets to meet his family somehow.
    That's a pretty cool bit of trivia.

Speaking of meeting his family and YA Presents, I loved that issue where Teddy got to meet (skrull) Mar-Vell, it was such a sweet story and its a shame we never got to see Teddy's reaction to finding out it wasn't the real deal.

Back in New Avengers, Ewing was more interested in expanding the lore behind the celestial prophecy of Teddy's lineage and destiny. But I feel like he skipped over the emotional aspect of it all, how Teddy feels about his biological parents, or meeting other Kree-Skrull hybrids

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    remember when Captain America fought for the rights of young vigilante to not be restricted?
    To be fair we don't really know what Captain America's stance on this new law is yet.