Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

KC Walsh, who seems to have some credibility, tweeted recently that the Batgirl movie is ‘very much on the docket still’.
    We’ll see.
    Now that preproduction has started on ‘The Batman’ I have a feeling that Barbara may be pushed aside again.
    The best hope may be with ‘Birds of Prey’ (which Barbara, ironically, was cut out of because the studio wanted Batgirl to debut in her own film). If ‘Birds’ is successful, that means ‘Batgirl’ screenwriter Christina Hodson will be on a real hot streak, following the positive reception for her ‘Bumblebee’ script. Maybe that will increase the urgency to make ‘Batgirl’.

Warners would certainly like to get more female superheroes on screen after the success of WonderWoman- my feeling is that the recent buzz around a Supergirl movie is because Batgirl has been stalled to keep the primary Batuniverse focus on the Reeves Batman. Hope that’s not the case.

Including Catwoman in the Reeves Batman film is also a good decision to capitalize on DC's iconic female characters. If the movie is based on The Long Halloween, then that sets it up nicely for her to even have her own spin-off like When In Rome (set in the same universe as TLH), or Darwyn Cooke's Selina's Big Score (as Reeves mentioned Cooke's Ego being one of his favourites).

Though it would be great for Catwoman to be the female lead in all the Reeves Batman movies.

I like Catwoman but she has been in many movies so I think it's time other female Batfamily members should have a turn. I'd love to see Barbara Gordon as Batgirl and Kate Kane as Batwoman. We have never had them in a live action movie.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc19-ce...irl-interview/

I thought #37 was pretty good start. Killer Moth was surprisingly effective, and budget conscious Batgirl made me laugh.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc19-ce...irl-interview/

I thought #37 was pretty good start. Killer Moth was surprisingly effective, and budget conscious Batgirl made me laugh.
    I love that Killer Moth was the villain of the issue - big Batgirl Year One fan. Honestly, though, this issue felt really similar to Scott's stuff - a little different, but not nearly as different as the shift from Larson to Scott.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

I enjoyed this. That hasn’t happened with Batgirl in a while. Fun action and a couple of cliffhangers. The new artist (digiandomenico? Hope I’m spelling that close to correctly) was very impressive. Big cityscapes and crowd scenes with great detail, flawless anatomy and nice characterizations. Would be pretty amazing if that could happen consistently for a long run. Since Batgirl spent the entire issue fighting Killer Moth, can’t really say yet whether I like the way Castellucci writes the character.
    At this point, I’ll probably be delighted if the first time he has a scene with Barbara and her dad that he just doesn’t have her screaming at him, the default form of interaction between the two in the last run.
    Fingers crossed & a nice start.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Castellucci's BATGIRL is off to a nice start. #37 did a great job of bridging over stuff from whatever the last run was, to what this new one will be. I liked Babs' voice a lot. Killer Moth was cool. The Terrible Trio are fun.

Can anyone recommend any post-COIE era stories that feature the father/daughter dynamic between Jim and Barbara. But not ones that use James Jr., please.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Can anyone recommend any post-COIE era stories that feature the father/daughter dynamic between Jim and Barbara. But not ones that use James Jr., please.
    I really adore their relationship in Simone's Birds of Prey - 85, 89

There were also some Burnside stuff that was okay, though not my favorite, during Jim's time as Batman - 40-41, I think.

There should be so much more, though.

(Also, that's an amazing user pic! My favorite character! )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I like Catwoman but she has been in many movies so I think it's time other female Batfamily members should have a turn. I'd love to see Barbara Gordon as Batgirl and Kate Kane as Batwoman. We have never had them in a live action movie.
    For what it's worth, there is a rumor that Melissa Benoist (Supergirl) will play Barbara Gordon/Batgirl in Matt Reeves' The Batman movie. Doubt it. But it would be great if true.

https://www.facebook.com/supergirlCW...type=3&theater

So excited because Batgirl gets a new costume with cowl in issue 38 of Batgirl and Finally her cowl returns.
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/28/...arbara-gordon/

Extraordinary Member

she was so cute in the finale

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    So excited because Batgirl gets a new costume with cowl in issue 38 of Batgirl and Finally her cowl returns.
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/28/...arbara-gordon/
    It's not quite the Three Jokers suit, but it's getting there. I'm looking forward to it, because that costume is amazing.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I don’t think Babs rag tag costume she threw together last issue is actually sticking around.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-29-2019 at 06:56 AM.