Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I believe the impact on Rogue's mind/brain needs to be traced back to the events of U/A vol 1, #22-23. This event I believed may have impacted Rogue's subconscious, causing Rogue to lose the control she once had. In August it will be 5 years since that happened. I believe the events in some way is causing a block in Rogue's subconscious. What exactly is that block is, why it was formed and what needs to be done to remove it so things can progress may end up being a story in it's self.
    The ironic thing is that this blockade does not really exist, Xandra told her that she was not broken, that she had to learn to control it, and then when they joined their powers, Rogue's powers increased (even more) and evolved) so her powers have not really stopped growing and progressing since she gained control, only that in some way now he does not know how to control them.

Now he must learn to control more than one thing, the turning on and off of his touch, and all the things she had acquired and learned in XMLegacy, and her new powers of distance attack by draining by an aura of energy.

I love you Kelly, you are giving the original powers of Rogue the development they deserve, and that they had not since Gage (and hawksbill) wrote it in Legacy.

Because after them, they only remembered the flying brick, something that had me very annoying to tell the truth, I love those powers, but the writers must remember all the powers of Rogue, not only the generic ones, that ironically what makes Rogue oneThe most powerful beings are the powers of absorption, not the generic powers of superman XD.

____

Kelly develops it as a character, and as powers must have everyone happy, since it gives good to all its generic powers and its powers of absorption, and I like that.

The loss of control was not to absorb Simon WM, she had already absorbed his powers before, so it was not for him, the trauma appeared because she literally absorbed hundreds of powerset, she on panel and off panel absorbed almost all heroes who were in the teirra, and turned all that energy into super strength, making it physically stronger among the heroes, and by far, only among the avengers and xmen, there were several class 100, and Rogue we know that she adds the forces of the persoanjes that absorbs, and those not super strong, in that number turned their energy into brute force, normal that some trauma caused and damaged the advantage that Xavier gave her to acquire control, that is why she wants to discover for herself control it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    That was in Remender's UA run wasn't it? I haven't read that yet (which I plan to).
    As you also stated a few weeks ago, her time in Genosha might trigger something too. It's been mentioned twice in this series, it has to lead to something.
    That does not make sense to me, Genosha, and that trauma happened when at least Rogue had been a mutant for at least 5 years.

I do not know why to give it so many laps, the trigger of the lack of copntrol was explained in XML, Rogue used her powers when they were not yet formed or ready to be used, and contact with Cody began to create those mental walls.

Genosha and that trauma should not influence anything for Rogue's lack of control. It would be a bit absurd because before that she still had no control, if she had a better control of the powers she took than the original owners, and often as if it magnified them, but did not control the turning on and off of her drainage and many different effects that its absorption has and that diverge in several sub-powers, which we discovered thanks to XML.

Before it was only thought that she could recanalize past powers at some point, or absorb without touching with an aura of energy, because this had already been seen (both things were shown by Claremont), but all that demnostro in XML was a range of new skills that he always had, just that without control they were all tangled up.
    Last edited by Omegarogue; 01-03-2019 at 02:16 PM.

I really liked the issue, but was really bothered by one thing. Spiral was suppose to be free from Mojo. She joined the ranks shortly of Uncanny X-Force, under Storm's leadership. Here we see her as Mojo's slave again, without any explanation.

I wanted to pick up on the Twitter interpretation of the bird that a few folks mentioned. It's an intriguing interpretation, and I'm wondering about its deeper significance. Does it suggest the power (good or bad) of social media to shape shows? I'm a Voltron fan, and, man, that community is both the worst and has way too much power. So, that would make sense to me.

But then what do you make of it being called the Coeur Sinueux, i.e. the winding/serpentine heart? That to me links it back to Rogue and her unusual mental state. If she has mental walls, are they forming a labyrinth, and does she have to find her way through them? Think about the labyrinth walks that are part of a number of spiritual traditions.

Or is the name meaningless like all MacGuffin names? The Maltese Falcon sounds highly specific and significant, but nothing about its origin, shape, or anything else really matters. It's only important insofar as it draws Sam Spade into a complex web of intrigue.

I also wanted to pick up on a criticism I saw on Tumblr that it's not great noir. Bazaldua doesn't change his art style to be more noir (see Shawn Martinbrough for an example of a great noir comic artist) and the noir trappings fall off the story after about the first or second panel. I think that's deliberate, though. It's exactly the kind of crappy, half-assed noir that Mojo would produce. Begin with the most cliche noir moment to establish the genre, and then basically rehash a pretty standard Gambit & Rogue story. Because Mojo has no vision or artistic integrity. I thought it was very clever.

I'm confident in saying it is deliberate, because KT is a very talented writer, and every single element of Honeymoonlighting was a rehash in one way or another. Spiral even lampshades it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I really liked the issue, but was really bothered by one thing. Spiral was suppose to be free from Mojo. She joined the ranks shortly of Uncanny X-Force, under Storm's leadership. Here we see her as Mojo's slave again, without any explanation.
    You know how Star Wars has Leland Chee and the Holocron continuity database? Marvel needs to have something like that for their properties. It's hard for even the most diligent creators to keep track of 1000s of characters and their status.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 01-04-2019 at 07:38 AM.

BANNED

Her being back to Mojo without any explanation actually predates Mr. and Mrs. X. It was first shown during the crossover between X-Men: Blue and Gold during Marvel Legacy.

This was a really fun entertaining issue, I was worried about Mojo being the bad guy since he can be a bit of tricky character, some writers can't write him without making him unbearable annoying but I have to say that Kelly did a great job with him, e definitely nailed his character.
    I think Bazaldua has improved since the first arc, her female faces don't look that young in this issue.
    If I had to complain about something I'd say that this issue was a bit too decompressed for my taste, the fight with those goons took a bit too much panel time that could have been used in other stuff.
    I'll give this issue a 8.5/10

Some asked Kelly this in her tumblr:

Q: I have a question regarding Spiral: Is this the same Spiral that was aligned with Storm & Psylocke and their version of X-Force several years back, or someone else? (Also, if you can't answer that for spoilery reasons, I dig... but will the past few years character limbo be addressed at all?)

A: Same character!

Her limbo will be addressed…SORT OF.

That’s about all I can say?

RECAST! I liked that ending

I really wanted Kelly to go full bizarro and have RoGambit cycle through multiple, shorter genre tropes. Kind of like a makeover sequence. An artist like Bachelo would've aced the third-wall breaking and added some neat background details. I liked the issue, but it made me pine for issue 17 of Generation X, volume 1:
    gx17.jpg
    Last edited by Foon4000; 01-04-2019 at 09:00 AM.