Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A fun read. It's more of a set-up story that looks to gain more momentum in the following issues. Really liked Mojo and I'm a big Spiral fan, hope to see some more of her.
    And probably Dodson's best cover in the series so far.

Decent issue I guess. Not a huge fan of Mojo and looks like more Rogue development is coming so nothing here that really excites me as a Gambit fan.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

So Mojo is reading ratings from White twitter.

Gambit was #6 and Rogue #8 when fans voted on White's twitter page.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

It was okay. I liked the shoutout to the Twitter poll.

The next genre they should do should be Musical. I realize it wouldn't translate well to the page. I don't care. I want their own version of Hamilton, with Remy as Alex, and Rogue as Eliza. Or Angelica. Or Maria.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I really liked the costume Rogue was wearing during the "noir" segment, it reminds me of an updated version of her '80s green crop-top look.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    It was okay. I liked the shoutout to the Twitter poll.

The next genre they should do should be Musical. I realize it wouldn't translate well to the page. I don't care. I want their own version of Hamilton, with Remy as Alex, and Rogue as Eliza. Or Angelica. Or Maria.
    It could if Marvel included a downloadable album with it! Jordan D. White could write and record all the songs!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I really liked the costume Rogue was wearing during the "noir" segment, it reminds me of an updated version of her '80s green crop-top look.
    Yeah. Even the hot, new leather costumes were remixes or revisions of early costumes Gambit and Rogue wore. It's genuinely clever how little of Mojo's vision was original. Kudos to KT and Bazaldua on their execution there.

Fun, cute issue and I thought Oscar's art improved a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    2) What does it mean that everything about Rogue's brain is different? How does that relate to the development of her powers?
    The powers of Rogue are increasing evolving, that's all, after all Rogue's cerebral slings have never been normal, due to their cells adptables to powers and psyches, that's why it has always been so difficult to control it to the telepaths.

Now it must be even more, her powers are in evolution.

GREAT ISSUE KELLY 10/10.

I enjoyed this issue, and I definitely hope they keep the new uniforms.

As far as art; Oscar needs to work on faces, some of the panels looked decent , but others were ruined because he doesn't seem to be able e to draw a consistently good female face.

I'm with Mojo, I hope they run into some clowns, maybe Obnoxio could make a cameo.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Decent issue I guess. Not a huge fan of Mojo and looks like more Rogue development is coming so nothing here that really excites me as a Gambit fan.
    Tend to agree about a lack of development. I am happy in so much as we are getting some very dynamic Gambit fighting panels.

Most his actions panels in recent years was just Gambit hitting people with a stick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    L'Enfer !

Ultimate Member

With Gambit saying to them, you will respect my authoritay...

BANNED

This was fun. I enjoy how consistently good every issue of this book is. I like the art better here than in the first arc, Bazaldua is not holding back, particularly on the action scenes. It feels good to be optimistic about an X-Men book sometimes.

Some questions that could be fun or productive to discuss:
    1) What is up with the blue bird at the end of Honeymoonlighting?
    2) What does it mean that everything about Rogue's brain is different? How does that relate to the development of her powers?
    3) What genre would you like to see Gambit and Rogue in?
    1. Initially I thought the blue bird was a Twitter reference with White's poll. Not sure now, because it triggered Rogue's self-awareness, could be something bigger.
    2. Maybe it has something to do with the mental walls? That's how Xavier cured her in the first place, and what Xandra recently offered to do.
    3. I'd go Western...or Clowns, Mojo seems to be really pushing it :P

Some questions that could be fun or productive to discuss:
    1) What is up with the blue bird at the end of Honeymoonlighting?
    3) What genre would you like to see Gambit and Rogue in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    1. Initially I thought the blue bird was a Twitter reference with White's poll. Not sure now, because it triggered Rogue's self-awareness, could be something bigger.
    2. Maybe it has something to do with the mental walls? That's how Xavier cured her in the first place, and what Xandra recently offered to do.
    3. I'd go Western...or Clowns, Mojo seems to be really pushing it :P
    I believe the impact on Rogue's mind/brain needs to be traced back to the events of U/A vol 1, #22-23. This event I believed may have impacted Rogue's subconscious, causing Rogue to lose the control she once had. In August it will be 5 years since that happened. I believe the events in some way is causing a block in Rogue's subconscious. What exactly is that block is, why it was formed and what needs to be done to remove it so things can progress may end up being a story in it's self.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I believe the impact on Rogue's mind/brain needs to be traced back to the events of U/A vol 1, #22-23. This event I believed may have impacted Rogue's subconscious, causing Rogue to lose the control she once had. In August it will be 5 years since that happened. I believe the events in some way is causing a block in Rogue's subconscious. What exactly is that block is, why it was formed and what needs to be done to remove it so things can progress may end up being a story in it's self.
    That was in Remender's UA run wasn't it? I haven't read that yet (which I plan to).
    As you also stated a few weeks ago, her time in Genosha might trigger something too. It's been mentioned twice in this series, it has to lead to something.