Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

So, comes April, Gene Luang is on The Terrifics, which is an excellent news ! He'll partner up with Stephen Segovia for the art.

The Silencer is also continuing, with Abnett and V Ken Marion, which will make the later the longest running artist on the title, which is great and may hint at some more issues for it. At least I hope so.

Who would have thought that The Silencer would survive this long ? After all, when the NAoH books were revealed and released, it was believed to be one of the earlier to be discontinued !

Last edited by Korath; 01-20-2019 at 03:24 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Apparently, Damage #16 will be the final issue : https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...mage-in-april/

So, comes May, all the NAoH may be cancelled, depending on what happens to The Silencer and The Terrifics.

I'm pretty afraid to see the solicitations now...
    Ouch. The books that appeared the safest keep ending (first Sideways and now Damage). I'm afraid at that the full solicits will bring now, too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If DC did not alienate so many fans from the START-we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Unlike at Marvel-fans here were willing to at least try these books or glace through them. I heard very little negative about these books.
    Also for some fans it came down to this why support these guys when you supported all the new folks before them from Kyle to Cassandra to see them crapped on. Especially Titans franchise.

Before you lecture fans make sure you have a lecture for comic book stores. Who did not order the books or yelled to Bleedingcool "DC/Marvel needs to give me books to sell" & badmouth these books and others.
    Meanwhile new characters at other companies are not having issues selling. Valiant is not having issues nor Lion Forge or Black Mask or Image or Kaboom or Boom.

If folks don't want legacies-they sure are doing a BAD job of showing it.
    Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Bart, Ms Marvel, Supergirl & Cassandra Cain have way more solo issues than a LOT of guys who are not linked to a franchise.

The Amazon top 100 Teen books under the super hero banner does NOT features ONE DC Rebirth title-Morrison's Green Lantern. Meanwhile My Heroic Academia and Marvel dominates.
    On Kindle-Dc got its behind HANDED to them by Ms Marvel, Gwen, Shuri, Riri, Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, Jane Foster & Carol Danvers. If it wasn't for Doomsday Clock & Heroes in Crisis & Batman-Dc wouldn't have had a book in the top 100 of Kindle.

The most wished listed book on Amazon is Batman White Knight, Mr Miracle & Mile Morales. Marvel kills them again. Only Batman & Supersons Rebirth is listed. Every other DC book is from pre New 52 era.

Right now Dc is facing an issue. They have ALIENATED too many folks and while it look "safe" in the floppies-everywhere else they are getting beat. And the sad thing is the books that are attracting interest in DC are those that feature the very characters DC has trashed or from previous eras.
    While DC is not perfect, that's not to say their fans are perfect, or that they can't or don't fall into some of the same traps that other franchise fans can and have fallen into. And while DC's fans' negative side is a different flavor then Marvel's, that doesn't mean it doesn't purse at the lips.

Perfectly good new characters being built here, and only a handful acknowledge that.

Also, I think you may be too quick to jump at the "don't want new" type of fans' defense, scorned or not.

Astonishing Member

So, comes April, Gene Luang is on The Terrifics, which is an excellent news ! He'll partner up with Stephen Segovia for the art.

The Silencer is also continuing, with Abnett and V Ken Marion, which will make the later the longest running artist on the title, which is great and may hint at some more issues for it. At least I hope so.

Who would have thought that The Silencer would survive this long ? After all, when the NAoH books were revealed and released, it was believed to be one of the earlier to be discontinued !

Yeah, I remember hearing that, too. And yet, she's outlasted everyone else (not counting The Terrifics, since they're mostly/entirely old characters).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Yeah, I remember hearing that, too. And yet, she's outlasted everyone else (not counting The Terrifics, since they're mostly/entirely old characters).

She’s technically part of the Batverse with her connections to Talia. Not surprised she outlast them.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    She’s technically part of the Batverse with her connections to Talia. Not surprised she outlast them.
    Hadn't considered that, so perhaps so. It does make sense, really.

Very happy to see these two are continuing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Yeah but her monthly sales are terrible. She’s in the 10k’s which is cancellation territory so it’s nice to see her continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Very happy to see these two are continuing.

Yeah but her monthly sales are terrible. She’s in the 10k’s which is cancellation territory so it’s nice to see her continuing.
    I guess that The Silencer is doing well enough in digital for DC to not discontinue it. That or the trade sold more than I assumed.

Another possibility, out of left field but still, is that The Silencer keeps going because Bendis want a sister title to do a miny event à la Night of the Monster Men or Superman Reborn, but in Action.

After all, since both books would deal with Leviathan, it could be feasible. I doubt it'll happen, or that Bendis will acknowledge the events of The Silencer and its depiction of Leviathan, but it's a possibility.

Also, am I the only one who think Smoke looks kind of a Red Cloud 1.0 in this cover ?

Mighty Member

Which NAoH comics are your favorites?

Extraordinary Member

The strange thing is, that Silence had (at least according to chimichron) even lower sales than Damage and Sideways.

I guess that The Silencer is doing well enough in digital for DC to not discontinue it. That or the trade sold more than I assumed.
    Digital Sales are in general far lower than physical sales. It is unlikely that they make a difference.
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-21-2019 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Keep in mind that I like them all, even New Challengers and Damage which are the weakest to me, but it would be something like that :

1: The Silencer
    2: Curse of Brimstone
    3: Sideways and The Terrifics
    4:The Unexpected
    5:The Immortal men
    6: Damage
    7: New Challengers

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The strange thing is, that Silence had (at least according to chimichron) even lower sales than Damage and Sideways.

Digital Sales are in general far lower than physical sales. It is unlikely that they make a difference.
    true, but there has to be a reason for it still going with just The Terrifics.

Hate to see Damage go. I've really been enjoying that title the most of the NAOH titles lately. Silencer long term is probably my favorite, though. Silencer solicit sounds like the end is near.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Hate to see Damage go. I've really been enjoying that title the most of the NAOH titles lately. Silencer long term is probably my favorite, though. Silencer solicit sounds like the end is near.
    I suspect that either Silencer will go up to 18 issues, and another annual to end her story. Or 24 and another annual, but I find it dubious currently.

The only way it could last longer would be if it crossed over with Action Comics somehow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Like Korath, I like all of them. Still, were I to rank them numerically, it'd be something like this.

1.) The Immortal Men - I can't stress how much I love this one. It was like an epic adventure door-stopper in the making that was cut brutally short, long before its time.

2.) Damage - I quickly grew quite fond with DC's Hulk analogue that was really a character all his own.

3.) Sideways & The Curse of Brimstone - I'm always up for teen heroes (The Curse of Brimstone's Joe skewed a little older, but still a teen nonetheless). Both books did well with their stories and following the journeys of their leads as they grew into their powers (or as their powers grew into them). The former felt like it was a destined mainstay and ended coming off like we just finished the prologue and were getting to the "main" story, honestly, and the latter felt like it could have kept trucking with its evolving premise.

4.) The Unexpected - Lives up to its title. Orlando knocked this out of the park! It was easy to begin feeling for the characters, even the ones who started out vapid and listless. And Orlando gets my kudos for his use of The Signal; he used Duke better in a single issue than King has done, when he's bothered to, in his multiple volume run.

5.) Silencer - Honor's is, in a few ways, an unique set-up of dynamics. It's nice to be able to follow a character like hers, and apologetically.

6.) The Terrifics & The New Challengers - Only down this far because I wasn't as hyped for them as I was the others. Still good books, though the latter was more explicitly a mini and comes off as one, too.

Damn, it's when I see a preview like that that I'm so sad Damage is ending...

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/damage-13/