Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Damn, it's when I see a preview like that that I'm so sad Damage is ending...

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/damage-13/
    Same. It's starting to feel like Sideway's ending. An ending that seems more like it should be just getting started.

This week's Sideways definitely had the series is ending / wrap up the story feel to it. Enjoyed Damage, wonder if the series will end with him stuck on Monster Island?

A confirmation I hoped without wanting to believe it would happen :

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    which is funny since abnett did a interview where he said he had to change plans with talia in silencer for what Bendis is planing a month or two ago
    That's actually great news for The Silencer, it may explain why it's still going even with low sales per issues.

Hopefully, it also hints that DC will uses the NAoH characters in other books and storylines (CoB Annual give me a distinct "will join the Justice League Dark at some point) feeling, even more so than the issue where he fought Dr. Fate).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    This week's Sideways definitely had the series is ending / wrap up the story feel to it. Enjoyed Damage, wonder if the series will end with him stuck on Monster Island?
    While it isn't surprising they'd try to wrap up an ending book, it still feels to me as if it was a "end of the prologue/end of a beginning," as opposed to a more natural end. Derek/Sideways feels like he just gotten started, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    While it isn't surprising they'd try to wrap up an ending book, it still feels to me as if it was a "end of the prologue/end of a beginning," as opposed to a more natural end. Derek/Sideways feels like he just gotten started, honestly.
    Yeah.

I mean... Leto, her mother and her mother, and that hooded figures who gave him his powers and all that... Too many damn mysteries. If there isn't a relaunch of Sideways after whatever big event is coming this summer, I'll be really disappointed.

Astonishing Member

Yeah.

I mean... Leto, her mother and her mother, and that hooded figures who gave him his powers and all that... Too many damn mysteries. If there isn't a relaunch of Sideways after whatever big event is coming this summer, I'll be really disappointed.
    Completely agreed.

I'll even go so far and say that all of that implies Sideways was not intended to end when it did.

Preview for next week issue of The Silencer.

I've the feeling it's a transition issue, but it's also a window into Honor's past, which I like.

I wonder what the effects of the Lazarus Pits will be on her thought.

Spectacular Member

Preview for next week issue of The Silencer.

I've the feeling it's a transition issue, but it's also a window into Honor's past, which I like.

I wonder what the effects of the Lazarus Pits will be on her thought.
    Not many i think. If you stop them after the initial phase of " I'M GONNA KILL EVRYTHING" they should quicly return to normality. Dinah was dropped in one and she wasn't much different..... after they stopped her from killing evryone in sight. And by stopping i mean knocked her out.

The flashback is intersting tought. So the league has assassination schools? Thats new. Wonder who would send their child here.

It seems that the Lazarus Pits may have been slightly changed. I develop on that when I get home, but so far, issue 13 of the Silencer provided a very strong punch in my guts

Spectacular Member

It seems that the Lazarus Pits may have been slightly changed. I develop on that when I get home, but so far, issue 13 of the Silencer provided a very strong punch in my guts
    "Slighly changed"? It's completly different from evrything we've seen so far. Dozens of people used them. None had that side effect. Red hood story litterally dosen't work with this new effect. I liked the rest of the issue, it was quite intersting, but the finale just made me furious.

I don't know. Wasn't Red Hood amnesiac for a very long time after he took a Lazarus bath ? He sure is in Young Justice, and I seems to remember him being under Talia's care for a long time after his resurrection. But perhaps I'm confused with his "Superboy-Prime return", I can't remember which one is canon anymore...

Spectacular Member

I don't know. Wasn't Red Hood amnesiac for a very long time after he took a Lazarus bath ? He sure is in Young Justice, and I seems to remember him being under Talia's care for a long time after his resurrection. But perhaps I'm confused with his "Superboy-Prime return", I can't remember which one is canon anymore...
    Jason was resurrected by Superboy, but with his mind damaged, and was taken by Talia to get information on Batman. When he resulted useless she throwed him in the pit, and that restored his mind, so essentialy, whit him the effect was the opposite.
    And to reference again that time Dinah was healed using one, she didn't have memory issue either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    "Slighly changed"? It's completly different from evrything we've seen so far. Dozens of people used them. None had that side effect. Red hood story litterally dosen't work with this new effect. I liked the rest of the issue, it was quite intersting, but the finale just made me furious.
    Not really, the Kobra cult introduced brainwashing Lazarus pits back in the late 70's, Ra's also planned to brainwash Damian using a pit back when Damian was dead. He did use such a pit on Talia and it erased her memories.

I guess the Lazarus Pits are just a mess.

However...

spoilers:
    With the hints the solicitations are dropping about Honor's origin,t hat Talia will be the one most distraught by Honor discovering her origin; what this issue revealed -that she was fresh from the labs of Jonah Nine as a newborn, thus probably created and not born and then stolen from her parents- and this allusion at the al Ghul bloodline protecting one from the worst effects of the Pits, I've the feeling we'll discover that Honor is actually partially a clone of Talia or of another al Ghul family member
    end of spoilers

But we shouldn't forget the Terrific 12, which overall a very good transition issue. I mean, if you don't like Elemental Dog to be back, you have no heart !
    Last edited by Korath; 01-31-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

But we shouldn't forget the Terrific 12, which overall a very good transition issue. I mean, if you don't like Elemental Dog to be back, you have no heart !
    Yeah, while this is the typical example of a book that lacks the core of what a single issue format needs, some sort of action, movement of the plot, impact, (I know, stuff happens, but that is really just shuffling of the chairs) the character moments were so good and especially that ending that I think it works give future stories more heart.