Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that by issue 14, The terrific will finish it's foundations. It'll probably have established Doc Dread has a dangerous opponent, possibly recurring, hopefully with his Dreadfuls. The next two issues will probably have a lot of strong moment.

The test will come in April : where does the team goes once it has truly become a team and succeeded as such for the first time ? What will they set out to do ?

I think that the strongest point of the Terrifics (and to a lesser degree, The Silencer because it has drifted a little from it for the moment) is the moments where the characters deals with relatively mundane problems : widowing, estrangement from one's family, etc. It allows for more complex characters and potential story arcs, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The test will come in April : where does the team goes once it has truly become a team and succeeded as such for the first time ? What will they set out to do ?
    Predicting this is going to be tricky with the other stuff that is going on with the Source Wall and the threatened destruction of the Multiverse. The idea of a team that explores all the various realities of the Multiverse kind of needs the Multiverse to exist.

That being said, wouldn't it be great if The Terrifics became major players in the JLA storyline about the Source Wall and key figures in preserving the Multiverse? I doubt it will happen, because DC seems intent on ignoring them as much as possible. But it would be so great. Terrific, even.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Bloody hell ! May will be a month of révélations for The Silencer !

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...322304_n/#main

And The terrifics keep up with the high concepts, which is great :

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...142016_n/#main

Last edited by Korath; 02-24-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Mighty Member

If I had it my way I would want and have a few individual NAoH characters to form a super team together (with Damage, Brimstone, Silencer and a new New Age char as members of that team).

Well, they can certainly do that still, but I'm afraid most of those have entered lumbo for a long time, if not forever, sadly. At least it's how I feel reading about the changes coming to DC.

But on a more positive note, the preview for tomorrow's Silencer :
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...e-silencer-14/

Damn, so much feelings for me since last week !

Where to start...

Damage was great, even if I'm feeling really sad that he'll be so isolated from the rest of the DC world. But him on monster island is great, because the themes of monsters or humans are so prevalent for him. I hope he'll return someday, possibly with a team of hero or during an event.

The Silencer has surprised me a lot today. I didn't expect that revelation concerning Honor, Raze and thus Smoke. But even more so, the art was simply awesome, it felt really brutal and deadly. And her family was great. And that last page... Man, it was great! I really hope that this series will continue for a long time.

Unlike Sideways, from whom I'm so damn mad it's over! I mean, come on, it can't be the end! I refuse to accept it! Not when the Giver's identity is basically revealed, so much is starting to happen... I want it to keep going, Derek's a great character. Uses him DC !

And The Terrific is... well, Terrific. Lemire will have to stick the landing, but this issue was great. The stakes were up, Michael and Mrs Terrific alchemy is great. And again, that last page is hype !

saw Sideways kind of ended on a cliffhanger, haven't read Silencer yet.

Astonishing Member

This makes me feel even stronger with the idea that Sideways was meant for the long haul and was not planned to end where and when it did.

This kind of reminds me of Scott Lobdell's Doomed, which I absolutely loved, that seeded loads of things with the intent of a long haul series, but that had to end when and where it did, so it leaves a lot of things unanswered (like Sideways, Doomed ended at a point where it felt like it just began; even more so, since it ended at 6 issues).

Silencer is still fantastic. Sucks to see Sideways ending. Terrifics is still good.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This makes me feel even stronger with the idea that Sideways was meant for the long haul and was not planned to end where and when it did.

This kind of reminds me of Scott Lobdell's Doomed, which I absolutely loved, that seeded loads of things with the intent of a long haul series, but that had to end when and where it did, so it leaves a lot of things unanswered (like Sideways, Doomed ended at a point where it felt like it just began; even more so, since it ended at 6 issues).
    I still hope that he'll return soon, possibly in whatever event fix/reboot the current universe.

I mean, come on, he has everything necessary for it !

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I still hope that he'll return soon, possibly in whatever event fix/reboot the current universe.

I mean, come on, he has everything necessary for it !
    And I hope for the same.

Finally got to read the final issue of Curse of Brimstone.

Not unlike Sideways, it doesn't really feel like an end, especially because of the last page twist. I'm just that that the art really isn't to my liking.

However, the main point of this issue is the reveal of who Infernal seems to be.

spoilers:
    Which is to say, professor Stein from Firestorm but from a Dark Multiverse Earth ! I truly hadn't seen that one coming
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Doomed and the books from that lot were suppose to last 12 issues. Same with Green Lantern Lost Army.

Seeing that Sideways was written by the guy in charge-you would think he would have kept it going.

I just got around to reading that final issue of Brimstone, man this was the dark horse of the New Age of Heroes. I feel like of the New Age books that made it this long, this one felt the most like it kept in the spirit of Dark Nights Metal. I hope we see Brimstone again, it probably won't happen tho but I would love to see it.

What was your favorite issue and why?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."