Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Silencer cancelled.

THE SILENCER #18
    written by DAN ABNETT
    art by V KEN MARION and SANDU FLOREA
    cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and SANDRA HOPE
    Honor Guest was the greatest assassin you’ve never heard of—but now the secret is out. In the month since Smoke’s devastating attack, the Silencer is on the lam from Leviathan and trying to piece her family life back together, and this is a challenge unlike any Honor has faced before. Will Honor’s past continue to plague her, or has she at last earned a peaceful respite from her life of murder and mayhem?
    ON SALE 06.26.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    FINAL ISSUE

THE TERRIFICS #17
    written by GENE LUEN YANG
    art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
    cover by DAN MORA
    The mystery of the God Game deepens, and the Terrifics find themselves face to face with a being unlike any they’ve ever encountered before. But is this digital deity benevolent…or is this an angry god? When the team discovers Simon and Sapphire Stagg on the executioner’s block, the answer would seem to be pretty clear!
    ON SALE 06.26.19
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Damn. June will be a sad month for me. Hopefully, The Silencer will be relaunched someday. I'm already happy it managed to last so long, with the constant change of artists and all.

Spectacular Member

Weird that they cancel it right at the beginning of an event that she was heavily connected to (Leviathan)

I guess Bendis won't make much use of The Silencer's story.

My current theory is that something Talia wanted backfired and a super-agent took control of Leviathan from her and that Bendis will thus just reference a civil war within Leviathan.

Sucks to see her ongoing end, but I pretty much expected it. Silencer almost made it to 20 issues which isn’t bad at all for a new character in the modern era. Hope she doesn’t vanish into Limbo but we will see.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I guess Bendis won't make much use of The Silencer's story.

My current theory is that something Talia wanted backfired and a super-agent took control of Leviathan from her and that Bendis will thus just reference a civil war within Leviathan.
    Wasn't stated a while ago that Silencer's story was changed to fit with the event?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sucks to see her ongoing end, but I pretty much expected it. Silencer almost made it to 20 issues which isn’t bad at all for a new character in the modern era. Hope she doesn’t vanish into Limbo but we will see.
    She did make it to the Arrowverse, I think that's a good sign.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess the best chance she has to not go into limbo is to write respectful comments to Bendis, Abnett, Didio or whoever else may have an hand in making use of her. She has a foundation, some rogues of her own (Quietus, Jonah Nine, possibly Raze and Smoke) who could be used as a basis, ties to the al'Ghul and Leviathan. If peoples at DC sees that she has some dedicated fans, perhaps they won't give her another solo book, but they'll put her somewhere, if only to marginally boost the sales.

My favourite NOAH title next to Sideways.
    It’s poignant, but perhaps she’ll be in the upcoming event.
    Anyways, at least not in limbo, that’s the worst case scenario.

Preview for Wednesday's issue 15 : https://www.newsarama.com/44410-blak...cer-15.html#s6

It seems that family can be hell.

The Terrifics #14: Conclusion of the Doc Dread/Dreadfuls storyline--and an unabashedly upbeat and happy ending. Gosh, I missed those! I am so tired of the pseudo-deep "we won but we lost" endings that so many comic book writers think are clever. This was just a nice feel-good wrap-up.

My Multiverse knowledge is a little weak. Have we previously been introduced to the House of Heroes at the heart of the Multiverse, and its prison for pan-dimensional crimes? Considering that the Multiverse seems to be the Terrifics' playground, I figure that we are going to be seeing a lot more of the House of Heroes.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Loved issue #14 of The Terrifics. IIRC, it was Lemire's final issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    The Terrifics #14: Conclusion of the Doc Dread/Dreadfuls storyline--and an unabashedly upbeat and happy ending. Gosh, I missed those! I am so tired of the pseudo-deep "we won but we lost" endings that so many comic book writers think are clever. This was just a nice feel-good wrap-up.

My Multiverse knowledge is a little weak. Have we previously been introduced to the House of Heroes at the heart of the Multiverse, and its prison for pan-dimensional crimes? Considering that the Multiverse seems to be the Terrifics' playground, I figure that we are going to be seeing a lot more of the House of Heroes.
    As far as I know, the House of Heroes was last seen in Metal, where it was destroyed but probably recreated by the Justice League with the Tenth Metal. I do hope that the newt writer will do great with the Multiverse, since the Terrifics seems poised to be the only NAoH books which won't be terminated soon.

@Eto : yes, it was Lemire's final issue.

The preview for The Silencer 16 is out, and man will Honor have a whole load of problems coming her way !

Also, I'm very sad to see Damage ends. Last issue was solid, and I think the character deserved better. I hope him and all the others from this imprint which aren't the Terrifics will see the light of day again someday and that The Terrifics won't be put into limbo too.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The preview for The Silencer 16 is out, and man will Honor have a whole load of problems coming her way !

Also, I'm very sad to see Damage ends. Last issue was solid, and I think the character deserved better. I hope him and all the others from this imprint which aren't the Terrifics will see the light of day again someday and that The Terrifics won't be put into limbo too.
    Yeah, Damage was really solid throughout, sad to see it end. I do think there are a lot of natural places for the characters to land in other books. Sideways should absolutely be in Titans or young justice. Silencer and Brimstone would be nice additions to the suicide squad. I think Damage could be a member of the JL much like the hulk is in the avengers, where he pops up occasionally but never a permanent fixture.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard